coseymo

coseymo

I'd rather be sleeping
Sep 21, 2022
You'd think they would be empathetic and caring, but they are the worst human beings I've ever encountered. Some time ago, I swallowed 10 grams of paracetamol (impulsive and stupid attempt to end my life). While in the hospital, the nurse refused to give me water or open the window while I was vomiting for 3 hours straight and could barely breathe. She yelled at me and said, that I did this to myself. (TMI) She complained and made me feel disgusting and inhuman for having to piss in a diaper (She was so mad at me for not wanting to LAY IN MY OWN URINE and refused to change it) (I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet). After a week of suffering in the hospital, having to watch people with catheters and colostomy bags, not being able to shower, not being able to go to the toilet.... I was sent to the psychward....There were some lovely patients, including but not limited to - woman who would shove her fresh scars into everyone's face, man who would vent about his hatred for the gays and how many women he has impregnated, 3 girls who would play choking games in the psychwards kitchen and snort deodorant... Seeing how the patients were acting, I knew this wasn't going to be helpful.Whenever I was having a meltdown I was threatened with forced sedation or being tied up to the bed. I left traumatised, exhausted and still suicidal..... I don't see how being put in a psychward is any help at all. The workers were complete idiots and the patients mental states were rapidly declining. It seems like the philosophy of psychwards is ''don't ever attempt to kill yourself ever again or you'll end up in this awful place''.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Wow
Reactions: ResilientAF, Mary5689, chloramine and 17 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That all sounds so horrifying. It sounds like being in a psych ward would just mean that people suffer more than they already are. A lot of humans can certainly be selfish and cruel and I don't even find it surprising how those people act. It does make me want to leave this world even more when I hear of how people treat others in such an awful way.

• Love
Reactions: Astral Storm, chloramine and coseymo
M

Mthom2

Student
Oct 19, 2020
I don't know how much good it would actually do, but health care workers like that should be reported. They hold the lives of the most vulnerable people in their hands. Bitterness and scorn is the opposite of what should be expected out of them. If they can't offer that, they have no business in that field.

Society has really made a huge mistake when they declared them 'heroes' during the pandemic.

• Love
Reactions: wljourney, chloramine, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
Hospitals are AWFUL. How is me sitting ALONE in a room with nothing besides a bed good for me ???? When I was away one time , the nurses and security were Laughing at two patients who were screaming and crying …. Making fun of him and her … all I could do was cry in my dark room

They don't check on you. You have to beg them for things, and even then THEY LEAVE YOU ALONE FOR HOURS AND DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU. I hate it , and I'm so sorry for anyone who has ever been in this position or even worse, a physic ward .

People are evil , even the ones who are supposed to "care for us" they are miserable with their lives too and take it out on others

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, chloramine, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
A

akirat9

エクトリアン
Sep 23, 2022
all knew that place was avoid like a plague; is just one reason why
as if being put there wont bring on more trauma and pain—is will
the place is legalised physical and mental torture , yes is but they allow it because so much evil

Reactions: chloramine, OpheliasFlowers, KQuotientW and 1 other person
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
I was always involuntary hold, never Psychiatric hold (yet) btw

Reactions: ResilientAF and coseymo
coseymo

coseymo

I'd rather be sleeping
Sep 21, 2022
I was always involuntary hold, never Psychiatric hold (yet) btw
Involuntary hold is significantly worse than voluntary, but they're similar. Depending on where you're staying of course. I think psychwards are not for people with social anxiety or autism. Especially if you're prone to meltdowns or panic attacks. I was in the psychward with people who were there voluntarily and they couldn't wait to get out. It is only useful if you're not sure about your diagnosis and want to be studied and perscribed new medication. Definitely not for suicide prevention.

Reactions: ResilientAF, chloramine, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 1 other person
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
The last time I was in the psych ward they had us playing games for recreation time or whatever, one of them was hangmans noose WTF!

• Wow
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ResilientAF, chloramine, OpheliasFlowers and 3 others
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
Involuntary hold is significantly worse than voluntary, but they're similar. Depending on where you're staying of course. I think psychwards are not for people with social anxiety or autism. Especially if you're prone to meltdowns or panic attacks. I was in the psychward with people who were there voluntarily and they couldn't wait to get out. It is only useful if you're not sure about your diagnosis and want to be studied and perscribed new medication. Definitely not for suicide prevention.
I don't want that, nor would I wish it on anyone. When I was held involuntary, all I could think about was my Snoopy , my home. (My cat, my apartment)

I was very stressed about how I wasn't able to leave with no free will , my very good job at the time, not knowing what the consequences were.I wanted help, I sought out help myself . Yet was still placed as "involuntary"

Just not wanting to make things worse. Im prone to meltdowns , but only out of temporary frustration. It goes away after awhile. I'll spazz on my family , I'll indirectly spazz on HR wherever I go. Not intentionally but shit, hear me roar yenno ? Idk , I guess. Fuck it all. No one deserves that

I'm so sorry for anyone who has dealt with worse, I really am. And the fact that I haven't makes me feel worse about myself. BecUse I know if I was in that position I'd either "pretend until they let me out (like usual) or I couldn't pretend enough because they're stressing me out MORE and pissing me the fuck off
It's like biting a bullet … no .. trying to hold it between my teeth

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, chloramine, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
chaosandquiet

chaosandquiet

Sep 27, 2022
This is seriously inhumane treatment. No water, even? They're being intentionally cruel, which is just sick. I am so so sorry you were treated this way. So many hugs your way

• Love
Reactions: ResilientAF, coseymo, chloramine and 1 other person
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
My recent trip to a psych ward was interesting. If it weren't for my solicitors, who phoned to say that I really do have a stalker (not an ex), I really do have an ex who was a cop, and that I really have been speaking with detectives for the past year about a separate matter, I'd have been in there for a lot longer.

There was a woman who was so medicated that she was almost falling asleep into her lunch. They had to wake her up to feed her more medication they had crushed up and put into icecream. Another woman spent the whole day literally just walking the corridors whilst holding a tablet (Android or iPad) playing U2 and ABBA songs, on repeat, non stop. Even whilst medicated, she'd lash out. They had me in the room next to hers and I wasn't allowed to shut my door because staff had to check on me every hour. Meanwhile, they have fook'n keys to open my door.

I was sent there by police. I have an ongoing issue with a stalker (not an ex) and I have an ex who was a cop. Police defend police and police are pricks to the exes of police officers. I have given many statements to police because stalker keeps breaching the court order I have on him. Police just use it as an excuse to come after me.

Police claimed that I'm having an 'episode', that I'm 'delusional' and 'paranoid'. They said I'm very dangerous. Ambulance paramedics had to sit with me for hours until there was a bed free in the emergency department (before psych ward). Paramedics said I'd been friendly and pleasant, telling nurses that I wasn't dangerous at all. I think paramedics would have see their fair share of dangerous people and are qualified to make that assessment. A security guard sat near my bed when I was in the emergency department. I was soon talking and laughing with them as they could see I was not dangerous at all.

When I got to the psych ward at 2am, staff were rude, intially. They'd read the report that claimed I was very dangerous and aggressive. They were acting like they knew all about me and were ready in case I tried anything. I'm actually a member of various disability rights organisations in my state and nationwide. I also wonder if that's why they backed off a bit when I told them who I am in the disability world and that I was going to tell of my experiences.

If my solicitors hadn't helped me by phoning the police and psych ward, I'd say it would have got a lot worse for me. They let me go after seeing that I was settled and not a danger to anyone. Ambulance paramedics soon realised that police had sent me there and heard me speaking with one of my solicitors, as my phone only works on speaker, and we spoke about my ex who was a cop and the stalker (not an ex). Meanwhile, though, police didn't notice my multiple bags of charcoal. I was asked if I had any weapons or anything I could harm myself with. Fools.

I left feeling hugely concerned about how bad the mental health system still is. Staff can be rude, you have no rights or say, and if you express a dislike of the way you're being treated, even mildly, they'll write that you're a difficult patient. The second night, a nurse came into my room to tell me that they were medicating me. Two others stood at my door to make sure I took it. I told them who I am and will be widely reporting my experiences. They agreed to me negotiating down to half a valium. If I wasn't who I am in the disability rights world, I swear they would have treated me far worse and that has me deeply concerned for others.

It's just disgusting, that in 2022, worldwide, mental health patients are still treated like shit.

*healing hugs* I'm sorry you had such a negative experience. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, chaosandquiet, coseymo and 2 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
That's so disgusting. I'm so sorry you went through that. That's why we have to be very hush hush about our suicidal thoughts or they can lock us in there. torture us and condition us to accept society for the way it is.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: ResilientAF, chaosandquiet, coseymo and 4 others
On Replay

On Replay

What a day What a day
Sep 23, 2022
Makes me want to hold it all in . I guess I'll hold it in until my eyes bug out … awful stories , awful experiences I'm hearing …. people are evil .. I'm very sad to hear all of these accounts
My recent trip to a psych ward was interesting. If it weren't for my solicitors, who phoned to say that I really do have a stalker (not an ex), I really do have an ex who was a cop, and that I really have been speaking with detectives for the past year about a separate matter, I'd have been in there for a lot longer.

There was a woman who was so medicated that she was almost falling asleep into her lunch. They had to wake her up to feed her more medication they had crushed up and put into icecream. Another woman spent the whole day literally just walking the corridors whilst holding a tablet (Android or iPad) playing U2 and ABBA songs, on repeat, non stop. Even whilst medicated, she'd lash out. They had me in the room next to hers and I wasn't allowed to shut my door because staff had to check on me every hour. Meanwhile, they have fook'n keys to open my door.

I was sent there by police. I have an ongoing issue with a stalker (not an ex) and I have an ex who was a cop. Police defend police and police are pricks to the exes of police officers. I have given many statements to police because stalker keeps breaching the court order I have on him. Police just use it as an excuse to come after me.

Police claimed that I'm having an 'episode', that I'm 'delusional' and 'paranoid'. They said I'm very dangerous. Ambulance paramedics had to sit with me for hours until there was a bed free in the emergency department (before psych ward). Paramedics said I'd been friendly and pleasant, telling nurses that I wasn't dangerous at all. I think paramedics would have see their fair share of dangerous people and are qualified to make that assessment. A security guard sat near my bed when I was in the emergency department. I was soon talking and laughing with them as they could see I was not dangerous at all.

When I got to the psych ward at 2am, staff were rude, intially. They'd read the report that claimed I was very dangerous and aggressive. They were acting like they knew all about me and were ready in case I tried anything. I'm actually a member of various disability rights organisations in my state and nationwide. I also wonder if that's why they backed off a bit when I told them who I am in the disability world and that I was going to tell of my experiences.

If my solicitors hadn't helped me by phoning the police and psych ward, I'd say it would have got a lot worse for me. They let me go after seeing that I was settled and not a danger to anyone. Ambulance paramedics soon realised that police had sent me there and heard me speaking with one of my solicitors, as my phone only works on speaker, and we spoke about my ex who was a cop and the stalker (not an ex). Meanwhile, though, police didn't notice my multiple bags of charcoal. I was asked if I had any weapons or anything I could harm myself with. Fools.

I left feeling hugely concerned about how bad the mental health system still is. Staff can be rude, you have no rights or say, and if you express a dislike of the way you're being treated, even mildly, they'll write that you're a difficult patient. The second night, a nurse came into my room to tell me that they were medicating me. Two others stood at my door to make sure I took it. I told them who I am and will be widely reporting my experiences. They agreed to me negotiating down to half a valium. If I wasn't who I am in the disability rights world, I swear they would have treated me far worse and that has me deeply concerned for others.

It's just disgusting, that in 2022, worldwide, mental health patients are still treated like shit.

*healing hugs* I sorry you had such a negative experience. :heart:
The hug emotion looks too damn happy. I wish I could give you a hug , really I do.

• Love
Reactions: ResilientAF, coseymo and KQuotientW
C

chloramine

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2022
Every story I hear about being sent to the hospital or psych ward makes me more terrified of ending up there and more grateful that I was able to talk my way out of it. Even the neutral accounts of them sound traumatic- never mind when things go wrong.

Reactions: ResilientAF and coseymo