Hogfather

Hogfather

Hogfather
Feb 15, 2019
I was wondering about a few things.
Does the night night method need to happen with only a strap?

Because I don't have a Strap. Can I use a normal cloth instead?

Step 1: Place sockballs on both sides of my neck.

Step 2: Tie my torn bed sheet around my neck.

Step 3: Quickly place bag over my head.

Step 4: Wrap duct tape around neck so that the bag stays on head.

After Step 4 do I need to remain lying in bed?

Or can I combine night-night with partial hanging?

My rope isn't stretchy like my bed sheet.

After I finish step 4 should I place my neck inside my slipknot or just stay in bed?

Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I was wondering about a few things.
Does the night night method need to happen with only a strap?

Because I don't have a Strap. Can I use a normal cloth instead?

Step 1: Place sockballs on both sides of my neck.

Step 2: Tie my torn bed sheet around my neck.

Step 3: Quickly place bag over my head.

Step 4: Wrap duct tape around neck so that the bag stays on head.
Yes, you can use just about anything you can wrap around your neck. People just find it easier with strap. Remember it can be done with simple tape too.

Reactions: Struggling
A

anelakapu

Mar 28, 2018
I think there's an old woman who did it with just a shoe string, i remember seeing a picture somewhere. She looked very peaceful. That probably fell into more of a tourniquet method though.
The bag might be overkill, better to just add the socks with the partial hanging and make them sockrolls instead of sockballs so they stay in place better. That way you have the resistence of the slipknot that the ratchet is supposed to substitute while also still having extra pressure on the carotids

Reactions: Sickman75
Minudah

Minudah

Stupid
Dec 3, 2018
I think there's an old woman who did it with just a shoe string, i remember seeing a picture somewhere. She looked very peaceful. That probably fell into more of a tourniquet method though.
The bag might be overkill, better to just add the socks with the partial hanging and make them sockrolls instead of sockballs so they stay in place better. That way you have the resistence of the slipknot that the ratchet is supposed to substitute while also still having extra pressure on the carotids
This? https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tourniquet-method-variation-ii-knots-bag.11563/ What are nylons anyway? I looked it up and got a bunch of different things they could be.
Bags tend to be recommended in case anything happens to release pressure while you're out

Reactions: anelakapu
A

anelakapu

Mar 28, 2018
This? https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/tourniquet-method-variation-ii-knots-bag.11563/ What are nylons anyway? I looked it up and got a bunch of different things they could be.
Bags tend to be recommended in case anything happens to release pressure while you're out

Ohh yeah thats what it was, nylons are what people wear under dresses etc. Idk why i remembered it as a shoelace :p its pulled so tight maybe thats why, still think a shoelace could work if youre commited enough. Theres another vid of a girl hanging herself with nylon, it seems like surprising sturdy material.

Reactions: Minudah
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
that sounds fine, just make sure it doesn't come undone

Struggling

Struggling

Student
Feb 6, 2019
Ok so here's what arrived today. Not what I expected. Thought a ratchet was where you can tighten it after you've got it in place so to speak. Plus was imagining the strap to be wider. Should I order a wider one oram I being too much of a perfectionist?

Any ideas welcome I'm definitely not the sharpest so keep it simple please

Attachments

• 296A5459-A733-462D-859C-6A57677B4B30.jpeg
    296A5459-A733-462D-859C-6A57677B4B30.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 45
Hogfather

Hogfather

Hogfather
Feb 15, 2019
Thanks. I'll combine the night night method with partial suspension.

S

samuraiwarrior

Feb 28, 2019
Wider one will cause more problems as it will compress on your windpipe. You can do this even with a shoe lace. Try this on your neck as high as you can, and if it doesnt press your trachea it's good to go.

dysfunctional

dysfunctional

Arcanist
Oct 26, 2018
Ok so here's what arrived today. Not what I expected. Thought a ratchet was where you can tighten it after you've got it in place so to speak. Plus was imagining the strap to be wider. Should I order a wider one oram I being too much of a perfectionist?

Any ideas welcome I'm definitely not the sharpest so keep it simple please
That's a cam strap, not a ratchet strap. It holds in place however tight you can pull it by hand. A ratchet strap has a system of mechanical advantage using basically a lever that tightens much tighten than can be done by hand. My understanding is that the ratchet strap is essential to the night night method. Should be available at any hardware store.

Reactions: Struggling