Music

• Total voters
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I am seeing more an more on this forum, on people NOT enjoying music any more, this is a debate that interests me, can I ask what makes music such a hell for you, or does music help you?
I personally find music helps me, it doesn't motivate me like it once did, but recently found a new genre I can lose myself in.
I have used music since I was a young child, but my attention span now is a lot shorter, so how long this will last I don't know, I find myself playing the same 2 home made CDs on repeat.

I have a pretty decent sound system (over 2K watts) but either way, digging deep into you tube I have found non *hits* that have really caught my attention
I know we have a music mega thread, but I am interested in what makes you love or hate music.... Vote, discuss, tell me your story?

Reactions: 21Neberg
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Ofcourse music helps. It's nice distraction until I can start my plan. What genre is it that you recently got into?

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I died listening to my favourite music. Afterwards I simply could not listen to anything as it gave me flashbacks. It took months before I could listen again. I am now, 3 years later, able to listen to just about anything again and for longer periods of time. Music is or can be, great therapy. But it also has the ability to act as a trigger for a lot of people.

Reactions: Boonks
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Ofcourse music helps. It's nice distraction until I can start my plan. What genre is it that you recently got into?

Epic rock, I know its a genre that can be marmite, but a couple tracks esp ones like adam jenson the hunter or don't fear the reaper by the spiritual machines have really caught my attention

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Epic rock, I know its a genre that can be marmite, but a couple tracks esp ones like adam jenson the hunter or don't fear the reaper by the spiritual machines have really caught my attention

I'm glad you're enjoying it, helps to cope :). Rock isn't really my jam lol

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I'm glad you're enjoying it, helps to cope :). Rock isn't really my jam lol

what do you listen too, I have a CD collection from headswim to katherine jenkins to AWOL nation and so on, open too all new ideas bar chav shit, you can keep that!!!!

Boonks

Boonks

Lowlife
Mar 2, 2019
I was listening to my favorite music every day and night for hours at a time during my "manic psychotic drug induced episode" that lasted a few weeks. As this episode was the obliteration of my life as I knew it I now find my beloved music to be a very trigger. What @SinisterKid said was right on the money 100%.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
what do you listen too, I have a CD collection from headswim to katherine jenkins to AWOL nation and so on, open too all new ideas bar chav shit, you can keep that!!!!

I listen to various genres, from 70's Dutch music to Kanye West. I do have some metal in my library, but most of the time I listen to sad music that fits my mood - Lil Peep being one of my favorites (also my profile picture lol)

Azazel

Azazel

Silent
Jun 23, 2019
Up till now everyone's voted "yes", I'm curious to see what people who think otherwise have to say and why they dislike music. In my case, music (as well as painting and writting) is my greatest therapy, be it playing or be it listening. My musical taste is mostly prog rock/metal, jazz and classical. There is music that I would listen to while going through some hard times, and I always like to come back to that music, even though it makes me sad and kind of nostalgic.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Yes. I still enjoy music and I will listen to music till my last second.