Aug 10, 2024
Anything from Type O Negative.
Nine inch Nails also🌹💔

Reactions: Pessimist
chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
Hey, I don't know if this is the right area, but since it's already about something very negative I'm using the Suicide Discussion Area. I hope this is okay, otherwise it would be nice if an admin or something could move it (or delete it if necessary).
I didn't find anything suitable with the search either.

So I'm looking for really depressive music.
I don't just want your favorite songs or something like in the megathread. But really just something really depressive/suicidal.
I'm not looking for songs that aren't depressing/suicidal but have meaning for you.
Preferably not just something sad or melancholic but something really depressive/suicidal. The songs really have to contain the pain of the world, the pain that I feel deep inside me.

I want to find myself in the song so that my emotions, the deep pain, get an expression.
Do you have any suggestions for me?
i have a couple spotify playlists that you might be interested in, i can PM you them if you want.

Reactions: grisly bear
Q

Qevyn

Aug 25, 2024
This may be cliche but Mad World covered by Gary Jules.

Camera One by the Josh Joplin Group

Great Escape by Moby

Great Escape by Moby (Reprise)

Barenaked Ladies "Pinch Me" - This may sound like a silly pop-rock song but, the lyrics speak of the weariness of life (at least that what it says to me).

Attachments

• 1724646895869.png
    1724646895869.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Avoider

Avoider

Aug 25, 2024
As I haven't seen any classical music in here, I must share some Chopin. He suffered from depression and went through a lot of both mental and physical pain. His music impersonate sadness and sorrow to an unmatched level.
I could honestly share most of his work but I'll stick with the F minor nocturne. I love the repetitive motif which sounds like a complain. The second part feels like a mental breakdown / panic attack. The ending, feels like he finally found peace in death with those high notes leading his soul to heaven.

Last edited:
SketchTurner

SketchTurner

Jul 24, 2024
Bravery above and below -

If this is it
All we have and ever will
If this is it
Time is running out, I'm standing still
I leave today

StaticCryBabye

StaticCryBabye

Sorrowful Pixel
Apr 9, 2023

This one always hits home for me the lyrics match my life well

depthss

depthss

Failed attempt lol
Dec 12, 2023
Depart this life, anguished

Kill life, forgotten tomb

Schatten aus der Alexander welt, Bethlehem

Magical shadows of a tragic past, mutiilation

If you don't mind music that sounds like this, I recommend the genre DSBM ( depressive suicidal black metal ) the main theme of all the music is, as the name implies, depression and suicide. A lot of the stuff is very raw in an emotional kind of way