deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
Hello all,

I am new to this website, although I've been reading threads for some time. I'm looking for some help with my method, and finding the courage to do it.

I've been actively planning to ctb for about 3 months now, but I've been unfortunately lacking the courage to do so. My survival instinct always gets in the way and I end up putting off. I know I just want to be dead and end my suffering. My two chosen methods are either hanging (full suspension), or jumping from an escarpment in my city. I have a rope I got from a hardware store that holds about 300 pounds I believe, which would definitely hold me since I'm only about 130 pounds. I live alone and would definitely have enough private time for me to complete the hanging, but when I tried recently my SI got in the way. I couldn't get myself to kick the chair and end it. I tied a slipknot, put the rope on the top of the door frame and shut the door enough that the rope couldn't be moved, and also tied the rope around the door knob on the other side for extra insurance. I want to do full suspension so I can't turn back but I need the courage to do it. If I were to jump, I would be jumping from about 100m. I know 3 people who have ctb from jumping that height so I think that would work, but I'm really worried about getting rescued. I also need confirmation that an 100m jump would kill me. I would try to do it in the middle of the night but again my SI gets in the way and I'm also terrified of heights. Something about either of these methods comforts me knowing it would be fast and they are usually successful.

The point I'm getting to here is, can someone help me figure out which method is better (fastest/least painful death and success rate), and how to get the courage to do it? Can someone also tell me if there are any faults in either of my plans? I'm so concerned about getting rescued with either one and getting brain damage. I also would appreciate some tips for hanging and jumping to make sure they would work..anything helps. I know I need to just end it. I've suffered through a lot of trauma and mental illness for as long as I remember. I really just want to be at peace. Thank you so much.

Reactions: brighter, meaningisgone, Sickman75 and 5 others
Lady black

Lady black

35 male, central Europe, German speaking
Oct 22, 2018
Both methods are good, but they are hard methods, so you need a lttle bit of courage to do so. Both have a high successrate but you can survive both. There was a girl in my country that survived the jump from a bridge (over 100 metres) without much damage cause she landed into little trees. She went home by herself then. With hanging the biggest problem ist that the suspension has to be good, so that bothing loosens or breks. If you live alone it´s good cause you can´t be interupted (being interupted is also a big problem short before you jump cause it´s alwys a public place) I have hanged myself until I passed out but wa saved then. i can tell you there was nearly no pain (full suspension), the only pain was fter being rescued.

Reactions: Johanna94, Deathsrelease, meaningisgone and 5 others
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
Both methods are good, but they are hard methods, so you need a lttle bit of courage to do so. Both have a high successrate but you can survive both. There was a girl in my country that survived the jump from a bridge (over 100 metres) without much damage cause she landed into little trees. She went home by herself then. With hanging the biggest problem ist that the suspension has to be good, so that bothing loosens or breks. If you live alone it´s good cause you can´t be interupted (being interupted is also a big problem short before you jump cause it´s alwys a public place) I have hanged myself until I passed out but wa saved then. i can tell you there was nearly no pain (full suspension), the only pain was fter being rescued.

Thank you so much. I will most likely go with hanging. I need to make sure nothing will happen to the door when I'm hanging because that's my biggest concern. I know the rope will hold me since it can hold like 300 pounds but I don't want the rope to looosen out of the door or something when I start jerking. I think if I jumped I would land on grass or concrete..not completely sure. The people I knew who jumped went head first from what I heard. Do you know if there's anything I can take to help me gain some more courage? I'm assuming booze but I wouldn't want to drink too much so I know what I'm doing. And how long did it take you to pass out?

Reactions: Sickman75 and 21Neberg
Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
Thank you so much. I will most likely go with hanging. I need to make sure nothing will happen to the door when I'm hanging because that's my biggest concern. I know the rope will hold me since it can hold like 300 pounds but I don't want the rope to looosen out of the door or something when I start jerking. I think if I jumped I would land on grass or concrete..not completely sure. The people I knew who jumped went head first from what I heard. Do you know if there's anything I can take to help me gain some more courage? I'm assuming booze but I wouldn't want to drink too much so I know what I'm doing. And how long did it take you to pass out?
You need to make sure the rope is more solidly anchored. Make sure the noose has all the right contact points as on your carotid... have you considered some easy to get chemicals as Amyttiptaline grom your doctor......more gentle IMO...? Wishing you success.

R

ron_g

Experienced
Nov 25, 2018
There might be a third option, which is more difficult to prepare but perhaps has a higher chance of success. Would it be possible to do a long drop hanging, perhaps with decapitation, from the place you thought about jumping off of? Maybe there is a tree to attach the rope to. You would also need a much stronger and longer rope.

Reactions: deathplease
T

told.you.so

Feb 11, 2019
Can you consider drinking some alcohol for a little boost of courage? It works for me and I was able to do a lot of impulsive actions when I'm drunk.

Letmego. Please

Letmego. Please

Wizard
Nov 18, 2018
If you still have a survival instinct then you have not yet accepted that is your only option, which is good, cause it's a dumb thing to do on a drunken impulse.

Or as i have sometimes found, you think you have sunk too low & that is the only option, when infant there is a hole heap lower you can go before that decision is a done deal.

Reactions: Deathsrelease, deathplease and chrijo
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
So if I make a good slipknot, have a strong enough rope and support to hold me and I don't get found for at least an hour that's a guaranteed death?

Or can I still fail somehow? I don't see how that could happen if nothing breaks and I don't get found, but please tell me if it's still possible?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
And how long did it take you to pass out?
A few seconds, I used a hangmans knot that tightened easy.
I don't see how that could happen if nothing breaks and I don't get found, but please tell me if it's still possible?
You could use a too long rope that your feet touch the ground and you are able to free yourself then. If everything is strong enough and nobody rescues you, you will be dead

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
I think if I jumped I would land on grass or concrete..not completely sure. The people I knew who jumped went head first from what I heard. Do you know if there's anything I can take to help me gain some more courage?

The rule of thumb for jumping seems to be 100m above solid ground and 200m above water. So your height should be good. If you want more courage you could drink yeah, but it's not that easy. I think the real strength you need lies in the moment when you feel at your absolute worst, when you truly feel like there's no end to the pain. That's the moment when you just jump without much thought.

Reactions: Letmego. Please and deathplease
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
A few seconds, I used a hangmans knot that tightened easy.

You could use a too long rope that your feet touch the ground and you are able to free yourself then. If everything is strong enough and nobody rescues you, you will be dead
I've got a strong static rope meant to be used in things like rappelling or in elevators. It's this particular one:

https://www.oslosportslager.no/produkt/mammut-performance-static-11-mm-metervare-33553.aspx

I bought 10 meters of it and said I was gonna use it in a swing.

Reactions: Sickman75
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
You need to make sure the rope is more solidly anchored. Make sure the noose has all the right contact points as on your carotid... have you considered some easy to get chemicals as Amyttiptaline grom your doctor......more gentle IMO...? Wishing you success.

I've researched a bit about the carotid but I'm still having trouble finding the sweet spot. I'm not sure where else to hang the rope in my apartment. & I don't have easy excess to drugs. it took me forever to even get on an anti depressant. the only thing I have right now is 20 days worth of my Zoloft, 20mg each.

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Hello all,

I am new to this website, although I've been reading threads for some time. I'm looking for some help with my method, and finding the courage to do it.

I've been actively planning to ctb for about 3 months now, but I've been unfortunately lacking the courage to do so. My survival instinct always gets in the way and I end up putting off. I know I just want to be dead and end my suffering. My two chosen methods are either hanging (full suspension), or jumping from an escarpment in my city. I have a rope I got from a hardware store that holds about 300 pounds I believe, which would definitely hold me since I'm only about 130 pounds. I live alone and would definitely have enough private time for me to complete the hanging, but when I tried recently my SI got in the way. I couldn't get myself to kick the chair and end it. I tied a slipknot, put the rope on the top of the door frame and shut the door enough that the rope couldn't be moved, and also tied the rope around the door knob on the other side for extra insurance. I want to do full suspension so I can't turn back but I need the courage to do it. If I were to jump, I would be jumping from about 100m. I know 3 people who have ctb from jumping that height so I think that would work, but I'm really worried about getting rescued. I also need confirmation that an 100m jump would kill me. I would try to do it in the middle of the night but again my SI gets in the way and I'm also terrified of heights. Something about either of these methods comforts me knowing it would be fast and they are usually successful.

The point I'm getting to here is, can someone help me figure out which method is better (fastest/least painful death and success rate), and how to get the courage to do it? Can someone also tell me if there are any faults in either of my plans? I'm so concerned about getting rescued with either one and getting brain damage. I also would appreciate some tips for hanging and jumping to make sure they would work..anything helps. I know I need to just end it. I've suffered through a lot of trauma and mental illness for as long as I remember. I really just want to be at peace. Thank you so much.
You say your SI kicks on and you can't ctb right
Have you thought about a different method,
like SN or A?

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
There might be a third option, which is more difficult to prepare but perhaps has a higher chance of success. Would it be possible to do a long drop hanging, perhaps with decapitation, from the place you thought about jumping off of? Maybe there is a tree to attach the rope to. You would also need a much stronger and longer rope.

I may look into that more. I've considered long drop hanging but I'm not sure where to do it - I don't want to get rescued and become a veggie. I was thinking trains as well but there's not many where I live.

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
Can you consider drinking some alcohol for a little boost of courage? It works for me and I was able to do a lot of impulsive actions when I'm drunk.

I'm definitely going to drink something. I was thinking a couple shots of something hard or maybe guzzle down some wine. I'm hoping it will help my courage.

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
If you still have a survival instinct then you have not yet accepted that is your only option, which is good, cause it's a dumb thing to do on a drunken impulse.

Or as i have sometimes found, you think you have sunk too low & that is the only option, when infant there is a hole heap lower you can go before that decision is a done deal.

My life is really screwed up right now and I feel like the only way is out..I just have a lot of anxiety which contributes to my lack of courage I'm assuming.

Reactions: Letmego. Please
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
The rule of thumb for jumping seems to be 100m above solid ground and 200m above water. So your height should be good. If you want more courage you could drink yeah, but it's not that easy. I think the real strength you need lies in the moment when you feel at your absolute worst, when you truly feel like there's no end to the pain. That's the moment when you just jump without much thought.

There's no water above the escarpment so I would be hitting concrete I believe..I gotta check it out to make sure. I plan to drink a couple shots or something before I do it. I'm so worried about failing though..I could end up a veggie. I would try to go head first so there would be a less chance of survival. I'm not sure how to control my fall though.

Reactions: 21Neberg
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
You say your SI kicks on and you can't ctb right
Have you thought about a different method,
like SN or A?

I've been looking into it because I need something peaceful. I'm not particularly sure of how to do the method though, and I'm not sure if I can order it online. I'm in Canada. It would be delivered to the post office too because of the building I live in (no mailbox big enough for packages). Would the person at the post office say anything? I would need an excuse.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sickman75
Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
have you thought of the Robin Williams way ? so many people have done it that way... you say "Escarpment".. am close to one too - possibly the same. Minimize the risk of getting hurt, and surviving... that would be horrible..

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
At full suspension it´s the best to place the knot at the back of your neck and on the top of your neck above the adams aplle. Then you will pass out quick

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
have you thought of the Robin Williams way ? so many people have done it that way... you say "Escarpment".. am close to one too - possibly the same. Minimize the risk of getting hurt, and surviving... that would be horrible..

He did it partial with a belt right, jammed at the top of the door frame? I have a belt but I'm unsure how to do it with one. How did he do it exactly? I like the idea of jumping but I can agree that surviving would be horrible.

deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
At full suspension it´s the best to place the knot at the back of your neck and on the top of your neck above the adams aplle. Then you will pass out quick

Is a hangman's noose best for full suspension? or partial even? and how do I make sure that the rope hits the carotid perfectly?

Lady black

Lady black

Oct 22, 2018
The hangman´s knot worked perfect for me, at partial suspension the slip knot would be better. At full suspension the noose will close your arteries if you place the knot as I told you, at partial you have to earch for your arteries

Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
I've been looking into it because I need something peaceful. I'm not particularly sure of how to do the method though, and I'm not sure if I can order it online. I'm in Canada. It would be delivered to the post office too because of the building I live in (no mailbox big enough for packages). Would the person at the post office say anything? I would need an excuse.
I'm sure you can order SN because it's legal, and you can order it through Amazon or eBay. I don't think you would need an excuse no. I don't think they would say anything. But I don't know for sure because I don't live in Canada and you guys have different customs. Might be something a person would have to research prior to ordering. I think it would be alot more peaceful than hanging. But hanging you can do right away and I don't know how long you plan on sticking around. I hope you stick around for a long time.but I can't stop you from doing anything, as you know. Have you looked into the Chris Cornell method of hanging with an excerise band and a caribiner? Just thought I'd put that out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaughn
W

Welcumtotherealworld

Student
Feb 12, 2019
He did it partial with a belt right, jammed at the top of the door frame? I have a belt but I'm unsure how to do it with one. How did he do it exactly? I like the idea of jumping but I can agree that surviving would be horrible.
Hanging is a more surefire way of dying than jumping. There's a reason why people have hung themselves for thousands of years.

Reactions: Redt2go and Vaughn
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
I'm sure you can order SN because it's legal, and you can order it through Amazon or eBay. I don't think you would need an excuse no. I don't think they would say anything. But I don't know for sure because I don't live in Canada and you guys have different customs. Might be something a person would have to research prior to ordering. I think it would be alot more peaceful than hanging. But hanging you can do right away and I don't know how long you plan on sticking around. I hope you stick around for a long time.but I can't stop you from doing anything, as you know. Have you looked into the Chris Cornell method of hanging with an excerise band and a caribiner? Just thought I'd put that out there.

Whatever my method may be, I need to do it soon. SN seems a little complicated to me based off the method, do you know if I can order Nembutal in Canada? It sounds like a peaceful way to go. And did Chris Cornell die from partial hanging?

Reactions: Redt2go, Sickman75 and Lady black
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
Whatever my method may be, I need to do it soon. SN seems a little complicated to me based off the method, do you know if I can order Nembutal in Canada? It sounds like a peaceful way to go. And did Chris Cornell die from partial hanging?
Yeah it was a partial hanging. And it was fast based on security and his wife's check in times. I don't know the answer to that question about A, sorry. SN doesn't seem too complicated, maybe it does. I think all the anti pills makes it complicated. Hanging they say isn't all that bad if you can do it right. But that's the hard. Alot of threads on here people saying they have a hard time with it. If it was me, I certainly would drink the concoction. Lot easier I think

Last edited:
Vaughn

Vaughn

Experienced
Feb 21, 2019
you may order Nembutal - - - though the two distributors from the PPHe. However PostCanada may intercept it (customs).... you asked about partial hanging... welllllllll many people have gone that way - Robin Williams , Bernie Maddof's son - in his closet, etc etc...

Last edited:
Reactions: Redt2go, deathplease and Sickman75
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
you may order though the two distributors from the PPHe. However PostCanada may intercept it (customs).... you asked about partial hanging... welllllllll many people have gone that way - Robin Williams , Bernie Maddof's son - in his closet, etc etc...
Well one user II can' think of his name right this sec just got his from Amazon and it went thru just fine. SA is used for a few household things, it's not illegal. But I think he wants to do the Robin Williams way perferred
Funny thing about that SA one seller has it for 15g and 30g measured out already. I found that sort of interesting on that part.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vaughn
deathplease

deathplease

waiting to die
Feb 16, 2019
Yeah it was a partial hanging. And it was fast based on security and his wife's check in times. I don't know the answer to that question about A, sorry. SN doesn't seem too complicated, maybe it does. I think all the anti pills makes it complicated. Hanging they say isn't all that bad if you can do it right. But that's the hard. Alot of threads on here people saying they have a hard time with it. If it was me, I certainly would drink the concoction. Lot easier I think

It was the anti pills that confused me, yeah. I would love to just fall asleep & die, but who doesn't right? I'm going to work on my hangman's noose later & try to stabilize my rope. I know the rope will hold my weight so that comforts me, I just need to make sure it will hold me if it's hanging from the door frame, with the end of the rope tied on the doornob. I want to try partial if it's more peaceful but my SI always kicks in when it comes time to do it - with full I will like I can't back out.

Reactions: Sickman75 and Lady black