NeedAnEscape

NeedAnEscape

awaiting the end
Oct 16, 2023
Friendships can be the perfect avenue to off-set loneliness and other painful feelings. Though, lately, friendships have made me feel more isolated than ever before. Relationships don't guarantee connection, as ironic as it sounds. More often than not, I feel lonely around people. I can sense how my friendships are breaking, whether it's due to natural decline or changing social conditions. It's a painful feeling, so painful that I've grown bitter towards kinder people. I'm angry at people who should have been there for me. Yet, as soon as I lash out, all of that fury internalizes and I hate myself even more. A part of my soul cries about being forgotten, while other part of my brain wants everyone to forget me -- to make the pain easier to bear. I'm lost in this sea of complicated emotions, and I hate how unsettled I feel. The best friendship anyone can hope for is one where there is unconditional, mutual support. A true relationship of equals. A relationship that is difficult to find in this day and age.