one4all

one4all

I'll put pennies on your eyes and it will go away.
Feb 3, 2020
I think... I'm 18 and Under My Wheels
Ohhh and The Ballad of Dwight Fry, nearly forgot that one.

CRAP i forgot that one! Very awesome tune. Been thinking Halo of Flies lately. Now i have to hear the Ballad. Loved the back story of Dwight hehehe

Suicide_vampire

Suicide_vampire

In Vino Veritas
Feb 11, 2020
Dwight is kinda appropriate for here

Reactions: one4all
T

thecountdown

Feb 13, 2020
I don't see it as an achievement myself (maybe some people who just like to live as long as possible because they want to, maybe. Sometimes they may wish to stay around to see what happens in the span of almost a century or more than a century even). For me, I just want to check out while I still can and also life has been overall suffering and hardship and the respites between a long arduous existence of suffering isn't worth it imho.

"it's not the years in your life, it's the life in your years"

Reactions: Suicide_vampire
RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
Ha, it's not even an option for me. They say life is short...well...life is actually long if you're going to live until old age.

Reactions: efilist, Journeytoletgo and Intelligent Ape
B

barty1013

Oct 24, 2019
Im 65 in may and than I leave !
Jumping from the cliffs seems a cheap solution.
Cape Grinez france seems ok
Same here! that's my choice too...I'm looking into Portugal and Ireland and Scotland for my choice of cliff lol...That's sound so weird how I wrote that, but it's true. It's a beautiful way to go if you ask me. I didn't know any place suitable in France, I will look up Cape Grinez

Reactions: whitefeather
Swedish Equality

Swedish Equality

The darkest soul
Feb 12, 2020
Usually being old means easy life. In rare cases it could be an achievement , if it's mostly impossible to survive for you.

M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
Old age is a curse

Reactions: Pisceslilith, pthnrdnojvsc, Montparnasse and 3 others
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Im 65 in may and than I leave !
Jumping from the cliffs seems a cheap solution.
Cape Grinez france seems ok
Hey you could be my grandpa! Both of my grandfathers died last year. One of them wanted to hang himself as soon as his decline became apparent but relatives 'saved' him. Still he had only a few days of real suffering in the end, since he had refused life saving measures in his will.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
I would never want to live to old age. I have made this known to my family. You lose mobility and you do nothing everyday for years. You just ride out life until you are gone at that point.

Reactions: Pisceslilith and Mizzmini45
Pinkdonut

Pinkdonut

Keep the sunshine, save me the rain
Jan 12, 2020
This year I'll be 30. I have never seen myself getting to that age so "old age" is unfathomable. (although I hope not to get to 30)

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I would never want to live to old age. I have made this known to my family. You lose mobility and you do nothing everyday for years. You just ride out life until you are gone at that point.
I've lived like that for the past sixteen years during what were no doubt the best years of my life. No wonder I want to kill myself right?

Reactions: a_strange_day
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
I remember my Grandma always groaning and grunting when she had to get up or sit down.Then she would look at me and say "don't get old boy..It aint worth it!"

Then one day she was chastising me for my "risky behavior",as she often did and I told her "Grandma,you always tell me make sure I don't get old!" She just rolled her eyes and called me a smart ass.:))

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Bct, Anon2662 and 1 other person
Whitewash11235814

Whitewash11235814

Experienced
Oct 21, 2019
Im 20 and it'd be a miracle if I reached my 21st birthday

Reactions: Pisceslilith
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
For me it's impossible. I'll be 27 in 3 weeks and I can't see myself in my 30s.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Bct and Mizzmini45
TheEndof

TheEndof

It's getting dark and it's getting cold
Dec 31, 2019
I feel like if I don't ctb I will more than likely end up living to very old age. I've seen older generations in my family slowly suffer in their old age but I've also seen some who are surprisingly still active and alert. Either way, I don't want to live past 30 let alone 70 no matter what condition I'm in.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
If I do that, then I'm a masochist.

AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
70+? Yeah, no one has time for that.

Reactions: Pisceslilith, Journeytoletgo, Mizzmini45 and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Even if I somehow manage to not hurt myself, I really don't see old age happening. One of my health conditions is going to get me.

Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
At this point living to old age is an "achievement" anyone else feel the same?
I want to go again on this. I was thinking about how I might explain to my kid what happened when someone dies and Casually Explained YouTube channel did a thing likening life to a video game.
I think that if you play the game like you're supposed to the best levels are around the mid game, by the time you get to the end game, you're tired of the map or just haven't been interested in the game enough to explore more of it. That plus it starts to become a glitchy and eventually stops working.
Not an original thought of mine but a explanation I think is pretty helpful.

Reactions: efilist
M

Mizzmini45

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2019
70+? Yeah, no one has time for that.
I can not imagine spending that much more decades doing this. It's insane
I feel like if I don't ctb I will more than likely end up living to very old age. I've seen older generations in my family slowly suffer in their old age but I've also seen some who are surprisingly still active and alert. Either way, I don't want to live past 30 let alone 70 no matter what condition I'm in.

exactly but just seeing myself get old isn't all that appealing and it's Terrifyingly boring Healthy or not. I can't speak for others but the journey is just to long for some. If someone wants to stick around. I wish them good luck and I think that's great but others like me and you I think we should have the option to end it when we choose.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitefeather and TimeToBiteTheDust
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
My mother is in her early 70's has no health issues, seems happy, and has just recently found a boyfriend after being single for 15 years. I don't see myself living to that age.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I'm already older than I thought Id be, so I guess it's all relative. But no, I don't think growing old is an achievement. First of all, luck has a lot to do with it. Some people just get a better body than others. Some a better brain. I got shafted, and that's all there is to it.

If I could choose, I'd like for my husband and I to go together. He'll be missed much more than I will, but I know that he'll have a very tough time without me.

Xaphous

Xaphous

hikikomori
Nov 11, 2018
Im 30 and isolated my entire life, more than the average 80 year old. Experienced nothing at all in life. How the fuck am I supposed to endure that for the rest of my fucking life. Cant ever find any job either, no social life no relationship nothing. Treat like garbage by everyone. Refused any diagnosis.

• Aww..
Reactions: Journeytoletgo and Bct
Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
Being old and all The things that go with it has always been a troubling thought of mine however I didn't think about it too much because i was busy living life to the fullest. Now that is not the case. When i was young I couldn't imagine living past my thirties. Always kind of had an obsession with death but wasn't ready to die yet at that point. I think I would have had a decent shot at living out my full life until my body got ruined. Physical and mental suffering at its finest. Now from here on out it's only going to get worse and more boring. Slow and boring. Done! No more experiences! No more fun! Trapped in existence.

I've seen several reports over the last few yrs of older people taking there own lives together. Several husband and wife scenarios and also solo. For the most part these are perfect examples of rational suicide. All for various different reasons of course. They planned it out over time and when the suffering and whatever else they were dealing with became too much they called it. I think we are going to see more and more of this as time goes on especially as the millenial generation becomes older. Suicide can grab a hold of anybody though. Rich, poor, whatever it doesn't care. All it takes is the right crisis to turn a perfectly reasonable person to suicide

Reactions: Mizzmini45