• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hello, I know I'm always posting about things that helped me for five minutes! But today and yesterday I was functional and not bed ridden thanks to this combo. L Tryptophan is precursor to serotonin. Some people take it in doses of a few grams, spread through the day. And you can combine it with Lithium Orotate which is microdose Lithium. I'm taking 10 mg LO per day, and throwing L Tryptophan at myself - this AM maybe 600mg. I'm also eating Syrian Rue seeds intermittently, as they rebuild serotonin receptors. I hope this lasts longer than a few days!
No suicidal thoughts today!! Apart from in the morning before I took these. They work for me quickly, unlike meds which didn't help and these are safe with no side effects in the right doses.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sensei and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I think it's awesome that you are proactive in your efforts to feel better, and clearly are researching and going through trial and error! I do the same for myself.

I've had the perception of success with 5htp in efforts to impact my serotonin levels. Periodically, I still take some, but with bipolar disorder, in my case, psychiatrists recommend not messing around too much with serotonin as this can trigger mania.

Wish I could experiment with lithium orotate, but trying lithium through my psychiatrist resulted in impacted kidney function, per my blood tests, so I was forced to discontinue lithium after a very brief period. I should research lithium orotate again, because I'm not completely convinced that it would impact my kidneys the same way.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem and Sensei
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you @Chupacabra 44
They do say Lithium Orotate doesn't have the same side effect. I don't know.... one brand makes me thirsty, but this brand doesn't.

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thanks for the information. I'll re-look into lithium orotate today.

Lithium has multiple decades of usage behind it, and is a natural occurring mineral. It's a scary sounding name for many, but lithium is detected in drinking water, veggies, grains and spices. Personally, I prefer the idea of lithium vs most other pharmaceutical options for bipolar including my personal usage of Zyprexa, which I take prn for elevated mood.

I've tried many of the amino acids for myself over the years. Most seemed to be a trigger for my hypomania/mania. (It encouraged me to see I respond to these, although it wasn't in the manner I desired). Perhaps, there is an ideal dosage for me to optain equilibrium, but my tolerance seems much lower than the recommended serving size.

I've sampled L Glutamine endlessly, for example, since I have a huge, never ending tub of it, and every time I end up with elevated mood. L Glutamine will definitely be a main strategy for me the next time I get into a depressive state.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Thank you for this tip, am going to pick some up! I ran out of LT this AM and took too much 5 HTP instead as that's what was for sale locally- and was sick! Which was useful for a work situation today if I look on the bright side.
@Chupacabra 44 check out this guy:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you for this tip, am going to pick some up! I ran out of LT this AM and took too much 5 HTP instead as that's what was for sale locally- and was sick! Which was useful for a work situation today if I look on the bright side.
@Chupacabra 44 check out this guy:

Thank you for the link. I haven't read anything from Peter Smith's site in a few years. I'll read his latest information.

It seems you've likely looked into the orthomolecular field? I find decent things to try there.

There was some terrific information in a book by Julia Ross called the Mood Cure. I'll start a thread about it and see if one of the posters can download a free e book for it.

Reactions: LittleJem