Halo13

Halo13

Wizard
May 9, 2019
I have thought about this question for years. I really can't decide. Beethoven "Ode an die Freude" would be exhilarating, joyful and ironic all at the same time. I'd play the original, not the version that has different lyrics used in church because I feel the original captures such an incredible feeling of freedom and harmony. By choosing to ctb, there's my freedom from suffering.

I really like this post, hopefully we can keep it going! :smiling:
If I could, I'd have this on repeat. Unfortunately, I don't have a waterproof mp3 player. Only recently come across this song, but it really speaks to me.

This is the original version of "Hurt", it's a Nine Inch Nails song released in 1994. Johnny Cash covered it in 2002. I find the original version much more emotional as the singer/songwriter struggled with suicidal ideation for years and it is apparent in his voice. Check it out:

Last edited:
Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy, Superfluous, AutumnEmbers and 1 other person
martha

martha

Experienced
Mar 14, 2019
Ever thought of that one song/band you'll probably have playing on loop when you CTB?

Mine might be Incubus. Funny cause they're not even my favorite band.

just because I know that heaven is full of colours

Last edited:
aquariusgemini

aquariusgemini

Useless burden
May 26, 2019
Hated by Life Itself, not sure if I'm gonna play English or Japanese version though

Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
This is the original version of "Hurt", it's a Nine Inch Nails song released in 1994. Johnny Cash covered it in 2002. I find the original version much more emotional as the singer/songwriter struggled with suicidal ideation for years and it is apparent in his voice.
Sorry for the late reply, but I decided to take a couple of days away from here, then forgot to reply.

Thanks for the info. I didn't realise it was a cover. In my younger days, I used to like NIN, but it's a bit too raucous for me now in my old age :shy:

Reactions: omoidarui and Halo13
crimea_river

crimea_river

Experienced
May 27, 2019

I've got a fairly eclectic taste in music, this track seems fitting though and pianos have always 'spoken' to me.

Tabbyql

Tabbyql

Chronic people pleaser
Mar 13, 2019
randomly ladytron-destroy everything you touch.

Johanna94

Johanna94

I lost myself when I stopped following my heart
Mar 8, 2019
A song which brings me courage. I don't know which yet. But I love Lana Del Rey.

Reactions: Idontexist and Roberto
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019

Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy
H

Hadenuf

Student
Aug 3, 2019
None because they may track device and disturb me

Johanna94

Johanna94

I lost myself when I stopped following my heart
Mar 8, 2019
I've changed my mind, the last thing I'm gonna listen to is "Joker" movie soundtrack! That is perfect.

passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
It'd have to be Creep - Radiohead.

C

Cookiedough8956

Wowzers
Feb 24, 2019
Despicable by Grandson

...damn this is actually hard thing to decide on.

MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
It's All Over Now Baby Blue - by Them or In the cold cold ground by Tom Waits

C

CuriousAboutThis

Uncertainty in life uncertainty for the next life
Dec 30, 2018
Bob Marley Three Little Birds

Reactions: takeyourshotfunboy
takeyourshotfunboy

takeyourshotfunboy

Smile...
Oct 11, 2019
God that´s a hard one. Maybe ¨Host¨ by Nocturnal Depression, which I´m listening to right now (which is funny, because they´re not even one of my favorite bands). Or possibly ¨I´m Going To Do It¨ by Giles Corey.

SECTS777

SECTS777

Sep 23, 2019
It will most definitely be something by Moonsorrow for me. Probably Jotunheim or Kuolleiden Maa. Jotunheim is an amazing 20 minute song with nice acoustic parts and Black/Folk stuff they're more known for, found on the song Kuolleiden Maa, which is 16 minutes long. Moonsorrow love long songs, it's pretty rare for them to have a song under 10 minutes these days.

SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
A few. Here are the links:

And after these, I will be ready to fully go.

M

Muri

dead and gone
Nov 6, 2018
I don't think I can narrow it down.. it'll probably be a playlist but here's a couple

howard

howard

Experienced
Sep 13, 2019
I might choose a 70s and 80s mix and only hope to NOT get the bloody birdy song!!