ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
If you lived in the US why would you use any other method but a fire arm?

I'm not saying that a death by firearm is a bad choice, but this can go wrong. Just google gun suicide fail and you will see just how ugly surviving it can be.

If one is going to ctb with that method, then a high caliber round should be used. Even 9 mm is, in my opinion, too small. A mag grade round should be used if one chooses to use a pistol. But a shot gun will definitely be a large enough round.

But in all honesty, I think the ctb method should be two fold, meaning that one's chosen method should have another fail safe. Immediately after WWII many of the German officers took cyanide to end their lives. And BTW, please note that I'm not condoning the Holocaust, just using their ctb methodology as example. It has been speculated that though cyanide was quick, it was also very painful. Some took cyanide and shot themselves, which used together guaranteed death. So it wouldn't matter if the self inflicted shot was done wrong, the impact from the pistol shot would at least shock the nervous system enough to minimize the pain of the cyanide. But the last situation you want to see yourself is a failed attempt, end up being disfigured, or confined in a looney bin.

Last edited:
Reactions: ihatemylife
I

i want peace

Aug 29, 2021
I'd imagine it's very unlikely to go wrong though surely? As long as you shoot your temple or forehead? There was a guy a few years ago who went on a shooting spree in the UK and he had a shotgun, he shot a policeman in the face and he survived although he was blinded and a bit disfigured. The policeman had a lot of publicity for a while and seemed to be doing ok but he then CTB a couple of years later. Shotguns seem less reliable than pistols although I'll never have either anyway

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I'd imagine it's very unlikely to go wrong though surely?

Whereas it is a common method and most of the times it does the trick, but It can and does go wrong at times. My apologies for the vivid photos here, but it more effectively makes my point:

Last edited:
OnlyTheWind

OnlyTheWind

Serena / Meatball head
Aug 29, 2020
Where were those people aiming?! The safest way is to shoot into the mouth with the barrel towards the back of the head, imho. I wonder if any of them have gone on to ctb or re-attempt.. so sad.