BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I cannot stand humidity! I can't sleep if it's too humid. :mmm: I prefer cooler temperatures. But I like a nice, moderate heat. I'm from the South west originally. I lived by a beach for a long time. A lot of bitter, coastal winds. I can handle cold temperatures, but no humidity. I literally fall apart with extreme humidity. A sweaty mess!!

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I hate summer and I hate the heat. Makes me cranky. More cranky than usual lol.
Do you remember that heatwave a couple of years ago? I was literally running form shadow to shadow like a vampire afraid of the sun. It was hideous.
I cannot stand humidity! I can't sleep if it's too humid. :mmm: I prefer cooler temperatures. But I like a nice, moderate heat. I'm from the South west originally. I lived by a beach for a long time. A lot of bitter, coastal winds. I can handle cold temperatures, but no humidity. I literally fall apart with extreme humidity. A sweaty mess!!
The heatwave was so humid. I remember riding over the mountains in Wyoming. The heat on the prairies was lovely, warm and dry, barely any humidity at all.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
kinzokukae

kinzokukae

get me out of here
Apr 30, 2020
i hate heat in general. when it snowed here last year, i was walking around in a shirt and shorts. i can't tolerate heat at all, tbh it makes me wonder if i was secretly born in antarctica

Reactions: Oyoy and BlackPoppet
artificialpasta

artificialpasta

Feb 2, 2020
There is an argument that the early success of the first civilizations vs everywhere else was primarily due to geography. The presence of rivers, domesticated animals, and certain germs were among the factors... but also the type of climate in that area. In places that were hot or tropical, it was harder to perform manual and intellectual labor because of the heat, which most societies did not have the technology to suppress (air conditioning / ventilation systems). This slowed down the development of everything, from agriculture to industry.

Books I've read on this are Guns, Germs, and Steel and The Wealth and Poverty of Nations. Not all academics agree though.

Reactions: BlackPoppet
GoBack

GoBack

Paragon
Apr 25, 2020
I used to live near the sea and mountains . I loved that place. On the really hot days could go down the seaside and cool down.

Now I live in a place with no shelter at all I hate it. Just glaring sun all day. So I sit in with the curtains closed. Really healthy. Fuck this housing crisis

• Hugs
Reactions: a.n.kirillov and BlackPoppet
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
There's only one type of weather I cannot stand, and that is an overcast hot summer day.