R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
Sometimes I think if I'm depressed or not, because I don't cry. I feel I don't have energy to do things, and I don't want to do things because I think they will get wrong, and also I don't have money. I prefer to stay at home and not calling anyone. Sometimes I just want to sleep instead doing anything. I never see TV. My major distraction is to see the news on the computer.
Can you be depressed and don't cry?

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, Enshadowed, mediocre and 2 others
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
Yeah you can, there comes a point when you become completely numb and don't cry anymore or at least not much.

Reactions: Final Escape, Élégie, LegaliseIt! and 1 other person
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I have several diagnoses, including major depressive disorder, but PTSD is the one that prevents me from crying.

Reactions: Final Escape and Roberto
Jean4

Jean4

Remember. I am ALWAYS right.... until I’m not
Apr 28, 2019
Yes. I have no more tears left to cry.

• Hugs
Reactions: Final Escape, mediocre, Roberto and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Sometimes I think if I'm depressed or not, because I don't cry. I feel I don't have energy to do things, and I don't want to do things because I think they will get wrong, and also I don't have money. I prefer to stay at home and not calling anyone. Sometimes I just want to sleep instead doing anything. I never see TV. My major distraction is to see the news on the computer.

This is normal when you have a depression. It's not easy to change that kind of behaviour, but it can be done, and many people have succeeded.

Can you be depressed and don't cry?

Yes, I think it's even very common. I can't cry anymore. I wish I could, because it would be a relief.

• Love
Reactions: Roberto
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I go through the ups and downs phases of this. Some days I'll cry off and on all day, other days I can't cry, even though my brain wants me to. It's just a blur of confusion and living in a semi-reality nightmare.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Sensei, Final Escape and 1 other person
Enshadowed

Enshadowed

Dec 19, 2019
I also think it is very common. I rarely cry. It makes me feel like I have become numb to most things. I wish I would cry more often because then maybe I would actually feel something more than I feel like I do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, Roberto and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
yes absolutely I've been depressed since 12 and didn't cry for a good 15 years. Only started crying more recently from feeling so overwhelmed with things and feeling panicky.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei and Roberto
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Only started crying more recently from feeling so overwhelmed with things and feeling panicky.

That's good news! Crying can definitely be catharsis. It might not solve anything, but it can make the pain easier to bear.