gloomie

gloomie

grieving
Aug 23, 2024
i can't do anything right anymore. it's so overwhelming to feel like the world cursed you to be chained to your emotions for as long as you live. nothing helps me escape. nothing fixes me. i am still the same person i always will be. i know i'm a terrible person and i know the people in my life would be better without the burden of me on their shoulders. i have wanted to ctb for awhile, but always been ridden with guilt on how it will affect those in my life. is it easier to push everyone away? is it easier to destroy every relationship i have until it is no longer salvageable in any way? would it be easier for them to forgive me that way? i feel so selfish and disgusting. i try so hard to battle everything inside my head for everyone else but i don't know how much longer i can do it. i don't deserve anybody

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep, plan c, daisymayhem and 2 others
B

BoneWeary57

Jun 5, 2024
I'm sorry your are having such a tough time..your thoughts..what you wrote definitely sound like the "voices" of depression. As someone who struggles with suicidal ideations AND someone who has lost someone I loved deeply to suicide I can tell you that forgiving him for taking his life never entered my mind. I was angry about the situation, not at him. I didn't view his choice to end his life as selfish, I viewed it for what it was..desperation to end the pain/guilt/shame and all the other negative shit he felt for a very, very long time. I was, and am, angry, that he suffered as he did and felt suicide was the only out for him. BUT, I do wonder if he, would've been able to live a good life IF he had sought help, maybe medication/therapy (because yes, those do work for the majority of people) because that is one thing he did not do was seek help. So those of us who loved him and still love him wonder often if he had just reached out for help, would we still see his face? Hear is laugh? It would be a brighter world for us if we coud.

So I will say this to you, if you haven't reached out to for help, please do. Even if you don't feel you can tell your family or friends as it sounds like there are people who care for you, would miss you and trying to battle depression and all the other things knocking around in your head is too much for you right now. That is understandable. You are NOT selfish or digusting. You are hurting and your ability to cope is being challenged by your ability to manage your emotions right now. Thinks of a two sides scale, if the weight is too heavy on one side there is no balance, if the weight is basically even then the scales are perfectly aligned. Your emotions and misplaced anger at yourself is causing an imbalance. Please don't make a rash decision during this time.

I hope you will give yourself a chance. You deserve it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ash
Grumble

Grumble

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
You say you're a terrible person and then in the next sentence say that you're continuing on living to keep others from the pain of losing you.

Do you realize how much strength, love, and compassion it takes to keep on living for the sake of other people?

Give yourself a little bit of credit here!

I would suggest instead of pushing everyone away (which, to address your actual question, I think would just make things harder for you), that you pull them in closer. Sometimes, just being around other people and talking to them can act as a natural mood booster. Who is making you feel guilty about the idea of CTB? Pick one of those people, and just have a conversation with them. It doesn't have to be about mental health. It doesn't have to be about you at all. Just ask them how their day is going, what they've been up to, what movies or shows they've watched lately -- whatever topic that'll get them talking about themselves. This sort of thing is obviously not a cure, but it can act as a pick-me-up, even if only temporarily.

• Love
Reactions: Ash, Forever Sleep and plan c
chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
i can't do anything right anymore. it's so overwhelming to feel like the world cursed you to be chained to your emotions for as long as you live. nothing helps me escape. nothing fixes me. i am still the same person i always will be. i know i'm a terrible person and i know the people in my life would be better without the burden of me on their shoulders. i have wanted to ctb for awhile, but always been ridden with guilt on how it will affect those in my life. is it easier to push everyone away? is it easier to destroy every relationship i have until it is no longer salvageable in any way? would it be easier for them to forgive me that way? i feel so selfish and disgusting. i try so hard to battle everything inside my head for everyone else but i don't know how much longer i can do it. i don't deserve anybody
been through the exact same shit. personally i just tried to ignore the negativity around me until eventually the people who didnt like me just didnt interact with me, found new friends after a while then everything was fine. hope you manage alright

SpamMusubi

SpamMusubi

Jul 25, 2024
Been having similar thoughts in a hypothetical CTB. I weigh my options and think to myself. Choice A: To be close with loved ones leaves them good memories to remember you by, but makes it that much harder to see you go. Choice B: Pushing them away would potentially make your absence easier to come to terms with. What's the morally correct choice?

Recently I've compared to other scenarios where someone knows their time is up. When someone is on their deathbed or living their last days due to fatal disease, they almost always choose to spend their last moments with loved ones. I guess you can say the situations are different because the cause of death isn't self imposed and people can see it coming. But lately I've been leaning towards choice A.

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Pushing people away is rarely helpful. Take ot from someone who has done that and now wonders where everyone has gone - and has discovered that it has become a seemingly unbreakable habit whenever things get tough.

0/10 do not recommend

• Hugs
Reactions: lizzywizzy09