F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'd probably ask them if they wanted to talk. I hope I wouldn't use cheap tricks to talk them out of it though.

Really though- if someone is on a bridge say when there are lots of people around- why did they choose that time? Surely, it could actually be that they want someone to talk to them or- they're acting impulsively. I think that needs to be established. It probably is possible to suicide while under the influence of psychosis or drugs or whatever.

But then, I suppose it becomes- could you talk to them, establish that they had thought this all through and then, walk away? Would you get into trouble for that? I think that's another reason people do get involved. The blame culture we have in this world. That people are expected to stop someone.

qw3rty259

qw3rty259

๐•ญ๐–Ž๐–Œ ๐•ฑ๐–†๐–™ ๐•ท๐–†๐–Ÿ๐–ž ๐•ต๐–š๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–ž ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–ˆ๐–โœจ
Jun 19, 2023
I wouldn't save that person. But it's a really shitty situation to be in if you have witnesses, lol. I imagine you could get a LOT of hate
I'd probably ask them if they wanted to talk.
Sry I imagined a person in a noose hanging there... And someone's asking them "would you like to talk about it"...

But yeah, it also depends of the situation. Talking to a suffocating person isn't an option...

Last edited:
N

NoPoint2Life

Why is this so hard?
Aug 31, 2024
If they were humans they would play soulsborne at the age of 7 minutes

Every day. I have been saying this since I was a kid. I wish this more than anything. Most ppl wish for money or a car. I just wish I was never here

I wouldn't save that person. But it's a really shitty situation to be in if you have witnesses, lol. I imagine you could get a LOT of hate
I was thinking the same thing.
I am of the feeling that knowing that I am pro-choice, I wouldn't want to save them since I wouldn't want to be saved.
Butโ€ฆ. I also imagine there is something that has to be similar to SI that must kick in. It's got to be a natural reflex that would make you want to help the person. No one wants to see someone die right in front of them.
I was thinking the same thing.
I am of the feeling that knowing that I am pro-choice, I wouldn't want to save them since I wouldn't want to be saved.
Butโ€ฆ. I also imagine there is something that has to be similar to SI that must kick in. It's got to be a natural reflex that would make you want to help the person. No one wants to see someone die right in front of them.
Sorry for the numerous quotes above. I only meant to quote the last one. Obviously I haven't figured out how quotes work yet lol!

Reflection

Reflection

One last hurrah
Sep 12, 2024
I'm not gonna talk from a moral standpoint. But personally it would very well depend on the situation and the person, at the very least I would try to talk to them and understand where they're coming from, and if they are someone so close to me and whom I love I might try to intervene on the grounds that doing so means they aren't gonna end up suffering a worse fate i.e becoming a vegetable, that's just cruel...if I could save them and/or talk them out of it I would then do my very best to help them find another way out, if it all proves to fail then I would have no choice but to let them do what they believe is best.

Z

zaza23

Apr 14, 2024
Honestly I don't know. If I just stumbled onto a situation, the likelihood is autopilot to help the person will kick in. I absolutely would not take away from what a person wants, how to decide what's an impulse decision from a planned one is difficult I suppose. And whether we should judge even the impulse decisions is tough. I have people I love who have had those impulse moments and I'd want to be there to help them through what might be temporary feelings.

Reactions: NoPoint2Life