FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yet I come across more and more pro-life comments on the suicide discussion by the day, things like "my life is worse than yours so there's hope for you, you're too young, only people 25+ should ctb (so basically everybody else should just suffer instead), please reconsider, you're just being too impulsive, you don't really want to die and just get help, get therapy".. etc.

Honestly pro-life people just repulse me, I never want to read any pro-life drivel again, it's sad how they come on the only place that people can vent about wanting to die openly. People come here to escape from pro-lifers after all, it's meant to be a suicide forum anyway not a prolonging suffering one.

I guess there is no escape from pro-lifers and their insensitive delusions that they love to push onto other people, it's always the same hollow and empty words, for me personally the age related comments are the most delusional as I've been aware of how existing is just meaningless and unnecessary suffering for such a long time. In my case I will always see it as better to cease existing as death means true peace from an existence that just causes harm and wasn't worth enduring in the first place.

I just wish people would stop pushing their insensitive delusions onto people who want to die, sorry but some people have awareness and they don't worship this cruel and futile existence like you.
The pro-life comments imply that existence is automatically a desirable state but for me it could never be, I cannot stand how condescending so many of them are and how they cannot mind their own business, pro-lifers just cause harm.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: konstantine_217, rushia124, experimentee and 50 others
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Everyone can't agree and have the same opinion as you funeral cry. Me personally I'd hope every member on here could have an enjoyable life but also understand many want to die to get away from the pain. If one person is encouraged to seek help and turns there life around then the encouragement to seek help is worth it. Many are unsure weather to ctb and unless your 100% sure you want to die there is hope. You don't have to be 100% wanting to ctb to be on this forum. The recovery section gets far less views and I never go on it so the vulnerable will get more advice on this section. Skim past any posts you despise.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, noname123, CH349 and 37 others
roxx

roxx

Sep 17, 2023
Pro lifers are everywhere, even if you're buying a gun, you can have your license denied and it's "against the law" in my country. If you try to kill yourself and if for some reason you survived, you're going to jail. It's like your not even own your life.

• Love
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), ihatemylife, heavyeyes and 8 others
L

libby

Feb 17, 2022
It's a suicide discussion site and everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Some people are here to look at methods and some are looking to see if there is hope to get through the bad times. I am under the impression there is a recovery section on here too so it's not a case of pro lifers. Some people have been here to look for methods but have now recovered and if they want to try and help people I can't see the problem!
One thing I don't understand, is people saying they want to die yet years later still sitting here saying it they are very much alive!

• Love
Reactions: carac, CyVir, heavyeyes and 15 others
ipmanwc0

ipmanwc0

I'll wait for you ❤️
Sep 15, 2023
I haven't been here that long but I haven't really seen many pro lifer

Reactions: dialogos, Praestat_Mori, betternever2havbeen and 3 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I haven't been here that long but I haven't really seen many pro lifer
They're lurking around here. Also, law enforcement, psychology students, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. For the record @FuneralCry probably considers me a "pro-lifer" because I've made comments about how brains don't fully develop until at least 25 years old, which is true.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, Deleted member 65988, bunsïy and 25 others
dumblosergirl

dumblosergirl

girl failure
Feb 13, 2023
I only say people are being too impulsive and should reconsider out of the fact that they are indeed being impulsive. I do believe that if people want to exit this world, they should do it correctly in worry that they mess up and they're stuck on this world for longer. It's not pro-life and it's okay to still care about people.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, fiftyfiftyclown, bunsïy and 22 others
platypusfan

platypusfan

Jun 29, 2023
I understand that everyone on this site are free to their own opinions, and I usually don't mind the comments because I see where they are coming from, but I feel like a lot of people don't understand that we have heard those words over and over again… I have heard "you're too young" "you haven't tried hard enough" "you have things to live for" again and again, and I feel like you can't make statements like that without truly knowing someone. At the same time, I also don't like people saying I should ctb, because they also don't know me. On this site, I much prefer when people actually have a discussion instead of automatically going to the two extremes, to keep living or to die now, because in the end no one else should influence your decision but you.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: FormerlyFe(IV), Freyja13, kunikuzushi and 11 others
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
If youve been on this site all day for 3 yrs, you might be pro life and not know it

edit: now i feel bad lol. Ironically ive been on pro suicide forums for a decade so its not like i can talk.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, sadloner, girlsboysthems and 11 others
snowcloud9

snowcloud9

I’m Cold
Sep 9, 2023
Killing yourself is permanent. Everyone should be told to be careful about making permanent decisions, no matter what it is.

I mean, I'd say the reverse of suicide is having a kid. And everyone tells you to be careful about figuring out whether or not to have a kid before having one.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: ShornSoloists, FormerlyFe(IV), lachrymost and 13 others
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
Funeral Cry, you could publish a book about your experiences - and it can be a bestseller!

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Alyra, dialogos, Cloud Busting and 1 other person
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
Many are unsure weather to ctb and unless your 100% sure you want to die there is hope. You don't have to be 100% wanting to ctb to be on this forum.
I only say people are being too impulsive and should reconsider out of the fact that they are indeed being impulsive. I do believe that if people want to exit this world, they should do it correctly in worry that they mess up and they're stuck on this world for longer. It's not pro-life and it's okay to still care about people.
I agree with these sentiments, also I see those comments too and they never to gravitate to "you must never consider suicide whatsoever" rather they always fall in the line of "be sure that this is what you really want" or "consider it if you ran out of options".

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, dialogos, GreenTree and 2 others
Embalmer

Embalmer

Apr 29, 2023
Yet I come across more and more pro-life comments on the suicide discussion by the day, things like "my life is worse than yours so there's hope for you, you're too young, only people 25+ should ctb (so basically everybody else should just suffer instead), please reconsider, you're just being too impulsive, you don't really want to die and just get help, get therapy".. etc.

Honestly pro-life people just repulse me, I never want to read any pro-life drivel again, it's sad how they come on the only place that people can vent about wanting to die openly. People come here to escape from pro-lifers after all, it's meant to be a suicide forum anyway not a prolonging suffering one.

I guess there is no escape from pro-lifers and their insensitive delusions that they love to push onto other people, it's always the same hollow and empty words, for me personally the age related comments are the most delusional as I've been aware of how existing is just meaningless and unnecessary suffering for such a long time. In my case I will always see it as better to cease existing as death means true peace from an existence that just causes harm and wasn't worth enduring in the first place.

I just wish people would stop pushing their insensitive delusions onto people who want to die, sorry but some people have awareness and they don't worship this cruel and futile existence like you.
The pro-life comments imply that existence is automatically a desirable state but for me it could never be, I cannot stand how condescending so many of them are and how they cannot mind their own business, pro-lifers just cause harm
I disagree, I don't think any of those are good examples of someone being "pro-life". There is genuine advice behind those suggesting recovery in the forms of therapy, they can't force them to get help, but suggesting it does no harm. I've been suicidal since I was 8, and yet I do believe in points such as euthanasia being 25+ simply because the brain is mostly done developing and many suicidal young people can cope better when they are older and more mature. There is literal science behind this, yes young people can genuinely be suicidal, but suggesting recovery, especially to those such as myself, who haven't fully developed specific parts that help with impulsivity isn't "prolonging suffering". You can call me "pro-life" all you want, but I am pro-choice and so is this site. I believe offering recovery gives them that choice, especially if they feel suicide is their *only* option at the time. I know life can suck, I don't worship the cruelty that is existence, however, I will always extend my hand and offer comfort and support to those who want to try recovery and enjoy a little more of life before they choose to move on. It should always be their choice, and shaming them for choosing to live is never the answer.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, Kore, Bagobones9 and 13 others
I

inmyhead

Student
May 21, 2023
Making comments encouraging people to really consider their options and ensure CTB is definitely what they want isn't necessarily 'pro-life'. Some people come here to talk through their emotions before they attempt to CTB and might not have made their decision fully yet. People come to vent, and express themselves and get advice.

There are genuine pro-lifers on this site whose sole existence is to comment on posts making comments saying suicide is bad, and terrible etc and from what I have seen they get blocked and banned very quickly by admins and mods.

Everything else is just pro-choice, which means considering ALL options before making a very permanent decision which cannot be reversed.

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, fiftyfiftyclown, Freyja13 and 16 others
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023

The pro-life comments imply that existence is automatically a desirable state but for me it could never be, I cannot stand how condescending so many of them are and how they cannot mind their own business, pro-lifers just cause harm.
It's always about you, isn't it funeral cry ! Just because YOU'VE always wanted to cease to exist from as long as you remember, doesn't mean that everyone is the same as you.

Some young people suffer with depression at an early age due to circumstances that life throws at them, and they feel, in that moment, that they don't want to live anymore . They don't hate life, they just can't deal with the situation. So you think we should encourage these young people to ctb?

They're lurking around here. Also, law enforcement, psychology students, psychologists, psychiatrists, etc. For the record @FuneralCry probably considers me a "pro-lifer" because I've made comments about how brains don't fully develop until at least 25 years old, which is true. @FuneralCry would probably fill a toddler's bottle with Nembutal if the toddler told her that they wanted to die, or looked like they wanted to die. She believes all life needs to be extinguished from this earth, not just her own, and she'd be more than happy to extinguish all life if she had the means to do so.
TRUTH !! Well said locked*n*loaded !

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: k1w1, CyVir, libby and 4 others
Greyscale

Greyscale

Sep 19, 2023
I'm very confused, you've mentioned before that it's nauseating and insulting when people push pro-life rhetoric onto others, yet here you are doing the exact same thing except instead of a pro-life, it's pro-death.

Don't you believe it's slightly hypocritical?

• Love
Reactions: ShornSoloists, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, bunsïy and 14 others
ButterToast

ButterToast

Liar who can't separate lies from reality
Aug 11, 2023

I think the majority of people (based on my anecdotal experience) aren't exactly pro life, instead they can understand if you decided to ctb, but would usually keep that as a 'last resort' action. I share the same opinion:

"If you want to ctb, the choice is up to you and there's nothing I can do about it. But it is wise to be able to assess the situation and maybe you can find some alternative to make your life a bit more bearable. However, if you decide that life is too painful and you still want to ctb; well, it's sad to see you go, but I wish you can find peace."

• Love
Reactions: Freyja13, lachrymost, Tulip<3 and 8 others
U

undecided

Experienced
Aug 25, 2023
edit: now i feel bad lol. Ironically ive been on pro suicide forums for a decade so its not like i can talk.
OK, but you're not spouting the same old vitriol about how everyone should despise existing, as Funeral Cry does, every single bloody day!

• Love
Reactions: fiftyfiftyclown, CyVir, libby and 5 others
todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
OK, but you're not spouting the same old vitriol about how everyone should despise existing, as Funeral Cry does, every single bloody day!
I think the big picture lesson is that we all have to integrate our shadow. Basically all the things that we decide we 'are not' throughout life, whatever we don't like or tolerate, are still part of us. The things we see elsewhere that we hate are ultimately some part of ourselves we hate. If we don't do this work, somehow, it will destroy us. (I say this as someone who hasn't figured it out and might rope this week lol.)

Carl Jung wrote a lot on this. He's intimidating but every page I've read by him was priceless.

Reactions: sserafim, undecided and hermestrimegistus
TheDog_

TheDog_

Feb 25, 2023
Some of the things people are writing to you are so fucking disgusting. It's so awful to make someone feel like shit over not killing themselves after three years– as if it's so fucking easy. How can people be so heartless? If they disagree they can just leave your posts alone. All you do is vent, aren't we allowed to even do that???

• Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl, hopeisdead, Freyja13 and 8 others
HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
@FuneralCry - I'm sorry the world we live in can be a such a harsh place. There is no true fairness or equality, and people are willing to push their viewpoints without consideration for others. To me, this appears to be an increasingly bad problem, as we focus on our own needs over those of our fellow humans.

I'm sorry for all of the suffering you have been through, although I did not cause it and have no way to fix it. But you shouldn't have to live your life in absolute misery. I've seen so many of your posts and have always been interested to hear your story. (Maybe you posted it before I joined.)

However, this site bills itself as a pro-choice site. And in order to make an informed choice, you need to carefully consider your all options and that can include finding help and living.

For me, ctb is an option but personally, I would prefer to use it as a last resort. If i see a young student that is considering ctb, i will ask if they have looked at other options. Age is a factor, as 18 - 25 can be a rough period in people's lives regardless - new relationships, leaving home, starting careers, etc. That's not to say someone that young doesn't have a valid reason for leaving this life, just that other options should be considered as well. That may make me pro-life in some people's minds.

But none of this diminishes or in any way invalidates your own suffering or your desires to no longer exist. That would be your choice. I truly would be honored to hear how your life has brought you to where we are today.

I wish you, and everyone whose lives have brought them to this decision, all the best and I hope that you/they can find peace in their own way and time. :heart:

If youve been on this site all day for 3 yrs, you might be pro life and not know it

It's not an easy decision, and even more difficult process to carry out. No one should be feel bad about taking their time, nor should we give anyone a hard time about moving slowly.

@todienomore - thank you for your edit.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl, _smile_, locked*n*loaded and 9 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I know that any positive comment triggers you and you use this place to try and get away from such talk.

Still, this is a forum that simply discusses the topic of suicide. While the focus is pro choice (as in- people may also still choose to live, or be uncertain about it,) it isn't pro death. I think you'd prefer it if this section in particular was only about dieing but realistically, anyone can join this forum. Reading the welcome rules again:

'You can use this forum to vent, talk to like-minded individuals, share your experiences, or to empathize and offer kind words to others who might need them. We all need and deserve love and empathy.'

You can't dictate in what form those 'kind words to others' comes in. To someone who is pro life but none the less has ideation or not even (that's possible,) it may take the form of trying to encourage recovery. If that upsets the OP- that's one thing- they can tell them they don't respond well to platitudes etc. However- it's unrealistic to think everyone will moderate their language to not offend you. It's a public forum and open to everyone- even pro lifers- although they don't usually last that long if they become too militant.

Do you use the ignore button? I think that's all you can do realistically. Or- if positive comments appear and you feel yourself being triggered- physically move on and ignore them.

That goes the same for people who feel triggered by anyone really. If you feel like you're going to respond aggressively because that person annoys you- probably better to put them on ignore.

Honestly, I think what you're hoping for here is unrealistic in terms that everyone needs to comply to a certain level of despair and effectively be pro death. Still- it's also unfair that people are attacking you personally as to why you haven't CTB yet. We ought to be supporting one another here.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: bluebus, locked*n*loaded, Freyja13 and 12 others
Arihman

Arihman

Efilist, atheist, pro-right to die.
Jun 8, 2023
Well, it depends on what you mean by pro-lifers. If you mean people who might just try to help you get better, and try to offer serious, more in-depth advice that is not patronizing or (when requested), who don't want to feel bad about existence all the time, or who want to actually try to help you not to be miserable all the time, I don't see anything wrong with all that.

If you mean people who spout the usual, insipid platitudes like claiming that it gets better, that life is always worth living (except under really extreme circumstances), that you should "get help" simply for hating life (which implies that existence is "normally" something everyone ought to cherish, for no other reason than because, evolutionarily, we are addicted to it, and have a natural aversion to ending it), that your life doesn't belong to you because "think of your loved ones", or that you should just suck it up because that's how life is, then yes these people are obnoxious and disgusting, there are no appropriate words to describe how much I wish harm on them, and I won't repeat myself in that regard.

But I haven't seen comments like those, tbh, and I wouldn't expect to find them on this forum.

• Love
Reactions: bluebus, Freyja13, libby and 4 others
lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
Death is not glamorous it's nothing. There's matter of fact people on here who've recovered from wanting to CBT. Life has a lot to offer for those who personally enjoy it, food, sensations, experiences, sleep, love, literature, exercise. There's so many things one can enjoy life and find fulfillment in, death is not this romantic thing you personally think it to be, you're in the minority of wanting everything to cease not the majority, it's selfish to think there's no value in life and that some people can't be rehablitaited. Say a teenager who has an overall good life but has some minor mental health difficulties and broke up with their spouse came on here to ask for help would you honestly tell them the solution to their woes is CBT? If you did, I'd think there's something wrong with you. We should be pro choice and value the potential for a good life, but we're concusiousness enough to understand that not everyone has that opportunity for a myriad of reasons. And ultimately, if someone really wants to CBT they're going to irregardless of what anyone says (Which I think they should have the right to do). This forum is not PRO DEATH BUT PRO RATIONAL SUICIDE. I don't understand why people embellish you as someone with wisdom when you don't remotely live by your own philosophy (I don't know your personal circumstances so maybe it's impossible for you to CBT) But you sound like an AI who just rants about how amazing death is when reality death is a means to an end of suffering not pleasure.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bluebus, d3j3ct3dl0s3r05, libby and 6 others
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
FC has made the same 10 posts for the last three years. All 27,821 of them. Fascinating, really.

• Yay!
  • Wow
Reactions: IKnowIt'sOver, fiftyfiftyclown, bluebus and 11 others
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Some of the comments here towards FC are quite disgusting tbh.

If you disagree with their opinion fine. But the personal attacks, asking why they're still alive etc are vile and uncivilised behaviour. Mocking someone for still being alive, should be a banning offence on this site. (Imho anyway)

• Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl, Freyja13, SpiritualDeath and 6 others
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
Well, even this thread is hijacked by disgusting prolifers. I hope the mod team will find a way to get rid of the annoying users/comments like "get a therapy" and so on. In the last two months many prolifers and SN doubters have appeared here.

The simple fact that some of them are online almost every day for hours and write posts with hundreds of pro life comments is basically enough evidence that they are on a mission.

Reactions: Ferret77, Meditation guide, Rogue Proxy and 1 other person
deafening

deafening

louder than words
Sep 21, 2023
I think it's important to distinguish between "pro-life," and simply the choice to live. This is intended to be a pro-choice community after all, so that implies there is more than one option to choose? I think it is somewhat hypocritical to be so biased toward one side or the other, but I'll digress before I flog a dead horse.

• Love
Reactions: _smile_, bluebus, Ferret77 and 8 others