sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't understand why my soul chose to be American in this life…

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Lost in a Dream, broth0100 and 4 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Europe hates America too. I'm joking, of course... although there is truth in what I wrote. Overall, I'm glad I was born in the Western world. Apart from the fact that I'm fucked up, I could have drawn incomparably worse in life's roulette. I can't imagine living in any poor countries.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, DarkRange55, Homo erectus and 2 others
reclaimedbynature

reclaimedbynature

self-banned
Jan 24, 2024
I'm still unsure if we chose to come here, but it does seem like we're living on the cornerstone of another major event or turning point. As a collective - I'd like to think that our trajectory is still very much up to us - until it isn't, till then there is always room for progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Europe hates America too. I'm joking, of course... although there is truth in what I wrote. Overall, I'm glad I was born in the Western world. Apart from the fact that I'm fucked up, I could have drawn incomparably worse in life's roulette. I can't imagine living in any poor countries.
I wish I were European. I don't like America. I guess I'm glad I was born in the Western world as well. I can't imagine living in any poor countries either so I guess America isn't *that* bad…
I'm still unsure if we chose to come here, but it does seem like we're living on the cornerstone of another major event or turning point. As a collective - I'd like to think that our trajectory is still very much up to us, until it isn't. That there is still some wiggle room for progress.
Wdym? Like what kind of major event or turning point? What makes you think that?

Last edited:
Reactions: Suicidebydeath and Meteora
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I'm going to be the stereotypical weeb here and say I wish I was born in Japan instead of America. It has a lot of problems too, but what country doesn't? I just prefer the way they do things compared to the way America does things.

Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and Meteora
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'm going to be the stereotypical weeb here and say I wish I was born in Japan instead of America. It has a lot of problems too, but what country doesn't? I just prefer the way they do things compared to the way America does things.
I heard that it's hard for people with mental illness or neurodivergent people to live in Japan, especially people with ASD. Personally, I wish I was born in Europe, like France or something. Why do you prefer the way Japan does things? They seem super conformist to me…

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Meteora, Homo erectus and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I wish I were European. I don't like America. I can't imagine living in any poor countries either so I guess America isn't *that* bad…
Hm it is different but I m not sure if necessarily better, I'd say.

What I wished is that I had had loving parents. Then it doesn't matter where you live. I wish I knew how security feels like.

Reactions: sserafim
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Why do you prefer the way Japan does things?
I like the way they're so considerate and polite towards others. I feel like Americans are very rude.

I also feel like they're cleaner. I live in a big city in America, and it's very dirty and polluted here. But even a big city like Tokyo is clean.

Reactions: Suicidebydeath, Meteora and sserafim
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I like the way they're so considerate and polite towards others. I feel like Americans are very rude.
Guess there are many downsides to the structure of the Japanese mentality and culture, though.

• Informative
Reactions: DarkRange55, Malaria and sserafim
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I wish I were European. I don't like America. I guess I'm glad I was born in the Western world as well. I can't imagine living in any poor countries either so I guess America isn't *that* bad…

Wdym? Like what kind of major event or turning point? What makes you think that?
You know, unless you come from an Asian immigrant family or you're not black, you're technically European. The USA was a former European colony.

But seriously, Europe has its advantages compared to America. It should also be remembered that life here is still far from ideal. There are also "better" and "worse" countries. The Balkans and part of Eastern Europe are the poorer part where life may be statistically worse. However, these are just statistics. these poorer countries may be better than Western Europe in many things. Every country has advantages and disadvantages.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You know, unless you come from an Asian immigrant family or you're not black, you're technically European. The USA was a former European colony.

But seriously, Europe has its advantages compared to America. It should also be remembered that life here is still far from ideal. There are also "better" and "worse" countries. The Balkans and part of Eastern Europe are the poorer part where life may be statistically worse. However, these are just statistics. these poorer countries may be better than Western Europe in many things. Every country has advantages and disadvantages.
I'm Asian American lol, I come from an Asian immigrant family. I just don't like America, I think it's overrated and overhyped. People say it's the "promised land" and glorify it, but personally I see nothing good about it. It's just an evil capitalist wasteland where greed and selfishness reign supreme

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Suicidebydeath, tomyumgoong and Agon321
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I'm Asian American lol, I come from an Asian immigrant family. I just don't like America, I think it's overrated and overhyped. People say it's the "promised land" and glorify it, but personally I see nothing good about it. It's just a capitalist wasteland where greed and selfishness reign supreme
You know what, the American dream was somewhat real, but in the last century. I come from Poland, which in the 20th century was devastated by wars and then communism. For many Poles, life in the USA could look like paradise. Especially since there was no Internet back then and little information was available. Nowadays, the disproportions in the quality of life are much smaller. I'm not surprised that the USA was once perceived as a paradise. Nowadays, of course, this is not true.

• Informative
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I heard that it's hard for people with mental illness or neurodivergent people to live in Japan, especially people with ASD. Personally, I wish I was born in Europe, like France or something. Why do you prefer the way Japan does things? They seem super conformist to me…
It seems Japan is suitable for hikikomori. It was first mentioned and investigated there. H itself is sometimes regarded as mental issues itself.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It seems Japan is suitable for hikikomori. It was first mentioned and investigated there. H itself is sometimes regarded as mental issues itself.
Hmm, interesting. I probably meant Korea, oops. I heard sexism is rampant in Japan and Korea though, there's severe gender discrimination towards women and extreme misogyny

Reactions: MindFrog, Suicidebydeath and Homo erectus
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I guess so, too.

Ardere

Ardere

Mar 6, 2024
Different opinions.
I wish I had the opportunity to emigrate to the USA.
I hate this Europe (EU) that is being created.

Reactions: Homo erectus and sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Different opinions.
I wish I had the opportunity to emigrate to the USA.
I hate this Europe (EU) that is being created.
Why? I guess people want what they can't have…

Reactions: Homo erectus
Ardere

Ardere

Mar 6, 2024
That would become too political.

But I'm honest, our politicians are destroying Europe.
People are coming to our countries who don't accept our culture.
It's not them who are adapting, it's us who are supposed to adapt.
Now we're supposed to help Ukraine rebuild, bring them into the EU and pour more money into them.

No, thank you,
I'd rather have a Trump than these idiots in Brussels.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb and sserafim
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Hmm, interesting. I probably meant Korea, oops. I heard sexism is rampant in Japan and Korea though, there's severe gender discrimination towards women and extreme misogyny
Korea has a high suicide rate. The cooperate culture, hierarchy and harassment at work sound very bad. I read a while ago Italy also began to have/study the hikikomori issue. Italy and East Asia seem to have some cross-cultural similarities, such as pasta and dumplings, and emphasis on family.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I don't really get the hate. I understand young people find it cringe and maybe a bit boring or whatever but America has a lot of benefits, and I'm glad to be here. It's far from perfect, but it could be a lot worse. Europe's becoming a shitpile, totally overcrowded, taxed on your savings, mass immigration, glass ceilings everywhere. For the down and outs, the US isn't a terrific place, but it is true that you're comparitively free and if you do manage to be successful, you'll be able to enjoy your wealth and status a lot more than elsewhere.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb, DarkRange55 and Homo erectus
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Korea has a high suicide rate. The cooperate culture, hierarchy and harassment at work sound very bad. I read a while ago Italy also began to have/study the hikikomori issue. Italy and East Asia seem to have some cross-cultural similarities, such as pasta and dumplings, and emphasis on family.
I heard Japan has a high suicide rate as well

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Well, I'd like to be a submissive Japanese girl... That, or a Taliban warrior. Anything but America/Europe/Russia [/India?..]. Asians are polite, pagan, ruthless and based.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I heard Japan has a high suicide rate as well
Yes, maybe suicide is more acceptable in Japan as self sacrifice is sometimes regarded as a virtue in literature and history.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yes, maybe suicide is more acceptable in Japan as self sacrifice is sometimes regarded as a virtue in literature and history.
I've heard about that. Seppuku right? Suicide out of honor? The corporate culture, hierarchy and harassment at work in Japan also sound very bad, I heard that people have died from being overworked, I think it's called karoshi

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
I've heard about that. Seppuku right? Suicide out of honor? The corporate culture, hierarchy and harassment at work in Japan also sound very bad, I heard that people have died from being overworked, I think it's called karoshi
Bullying starts in school. It's a highly competitive society. But somehow people seem to be related to each other by family bloodlines. Public policy seems to be affected by this. They don't close a business easily, and create redundant jobs to keep people employed.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Well, I'd like to be a submissive Japanese girl... That, or a Taliban warrior. Anything but America/Europe/Russia [/India?..].
Why?

Reactions: Suicidebydeath
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I ideally split half my time between Asian and the US, personally. I've lived in Europe, Canada, across the US, UAE, and Asia. But thats just me.

I think it depends on how much money you have, your demographic, diet, your cultural values, your hobbies and lifestyle, ect. So it's really up to the individual.

Trade offs. Fresher food, lower taxes, your dollar goes further, ect.

Last edited:
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
I don't hate my country, could be better could be worse. I am glad I am not Russian

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
I don't really get the hate. I understand young people find it cringe and maybe a bit boring or whatever but America has a lot of benefits, and I'm glad to be here. It's far from perfect, but it could be a lot worse. Europe's becoming a shitpile, totally overcrowded, taxed on your savings, mass immigration, glass ceilings everywhere. For the down and outs, the US isn't a terrific place, but it is true that you're comparatively free and if you do manage to be successful, you'll be able to enjoy your wealth and status a lot more than elsewhere.
i agree. i find it silly to be nationalist or overly proud of america, but i'd rather be here than a third world country of the sorts. there's pros and cons of both the U.S. and Europe. i've never really wished to live outside the US.

i can completely understand the hate and depression that comes from a capitalist society. it's saddening that basic human rights such as food, water, and shelter all have to be paid for. it's a weird world we live in.

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, sserafim and reclaimedbynature
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
i agree. i find it silly to be nationalist or overly proud of america, but i'd rather be here than a third world country of the sorts. there's pros and cons of both the U.S. and Europe. i've never really wished to live outside the US.

i can completely understand the hate and depression that comes from a capitalist society. it's saddening that basic human rights such as food, water, and shelter all have to be paid for. it's a weird world we live in.
I think the core problem with capitalism is that it's all "survival of the fittest" which doesn't work if you're unwell or not wired to be competitive. With that said, it's still hard to find a better system out there, one that's actively being used in the world today.

I wouldn't want to live under a Chinese social credit system, nor would I want to be Russian, and maybe earn $300 a month and be forced to grow vegetables out of my garden in order to get by.

If our biggest problem is that our presidency is a joke, then I think that's a walk in the park compared to, I don't know, civil war, hyperinflation, extremist rule, female genital mutilation etc.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb