do you hate yourself or others more?

• Total voters
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I don't hate any individual people, I hate this current version of human culture/civilization. It's a worldwide system of maximizing suffering for the people on top to enjoy sadism and greed. I have no reason to hate myself.
Human culture/civilization has always been like this. It's because humans are inherently greedy and selfish. They are also self-interested and self-centered. The strong will always exploit and dominate the weak. Humans are still animals at the end of the day, and this is clearly demonstrated in the animal kingdom, where the predators eat the prey. The rich exploit the poor, and the elites exploit the wageslaves for their labor because they are human capital and resources. "The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must." It's just human nature. The ones at the top will always exploit the ones at the bottom. I truly believe that humans are one of the worst species on this planet though. No other species causes as much suffering as humans do. Every few seconds, a species goes extinct (due to humans)

Last edited:
Reactions: enduringwinter, Plentiful_Despair and ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
hehe~ I've always been surprised how people tend to hate themselves more than other people, especially here~
Same, it surprises me too. I don't get why people even hate themselves. It makes no sense to me

• Hugs
Reactions: Plentiful_Despair, sserafim and EternalShore
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I guess I'm just not much of a hater. I feel like I generally just skip the hate and anger and go straight to feeling disappointed or frustrated.
Same. In my case it's more of a lack of capacity to truly feel any strong emotions, but (similarly) it's also being a determinist.

ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
I don't really hate anyone or the world. I do hate myself, very very much. I don't know why. I understand that it's pointless and doesn't make sense but I still do. Especially my body. Even though I'm not overweight, living in my body is a sensory and visual nightmare and I feel fat and hideous all the time. I hate my lack of discipline. I think I'm a horrible person even though I logically know I'm not.

BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
I already know qualitatively that most people here hate themselves more (though I don't know why) but I'm interested in it from a quantitative perspective. I'm curious as to the ratio of people here who hate themselves more to those who hate other people, society, the system, the world etc etc. If you don't hate yourself or other people/society at all, vote the third option.

Also, you don't have to but, if you want to, feel free to write as to why you chose what you chose
I hate myself a lot but holy fuck do I hate my mother and stepdad, especially my mother, she never once really shown she ever cared for me or my brother and always been there to make us miserable. I spent this weekend alone arguing with her over the phone on so much shit on my personal life as I walk outside already stressed about things as it is.

I honestly don't have a strong hatred of anyone else, even the ones to contributed to ruining everything.

Z

zengiraffe

Feb 29, 2024
I don't hate myself, or others, or society. I also don't love any of those things. It doesn't matter.

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie