T

Tired&Drained

Trans and tired
Apr 17, 2022
I feel like I'm trapped, I feel like every good thing that happens is just this temporary high that just exists to trick me into thinking all the pain is worth it, I just wish I could be happy, that there was a way that life could just be good, or at least where the happiness outweighed the pain, but I don't know if it is

I feel like I should be happier, I'm out of my parents place, I have a girlfriend who I love so much, I'm months into transition and getting less uncomfortable with my body, why can't I just be happy? Why is it so easy to suffer but so incredibly difficult to be happy, why does something always come to wreck things when I'm finally happy?

I feel like an addict, happiness is my addiction, suffering is the withdrawal, and life is what makes it all happen

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Glowarm, CommitSudoku and 2 others
d33per

d33per

Apr 30, 2022
Sounds like you are fine candidate for Buddhist teachings on the frail nature of happiness and the human condition... Not that I would call myself s Buddhist, but what you describe immediately made me think about "wiser" approaches to long lasting happiness and dealing with your complex desires and emotions as a thinking, self aware being... Just an idea.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Tired&Drained and ImsooDone1N
Upvote 0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Are you sure it's not the newness of the hormones messing with you? And, I don't know how long you've been sad and all, but doesn't that take a little time to resolve itself? I don't think it's like flipping a light switch. I would think you still have some ambiguity going on, and a lot of worries at the back of your mind about how it will all turn out.

• Hugs
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry that you are going through this, it really is so awful to feel trapped. It does seem like to me that in this life anything positive does not last long and eventually causes us to suffer more. This life is very depressing after all. Happiness does not even exist to me, my life is only suffering. I wish you the best in whatever happens.

• Hugs
Upvote 0