Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Couldn't agree with you more about alcoholism being a symptom of something much deeper, and this I believe is true of all addictions.

The first two times I tried to kill myself i was a social drinker, and a light one at that. I had a shrink tell me alcohol was my main problem and if i would get sober all of my angst and problems would magically vanish.

The TedTalk by Johan Harari is a fascinating look inside the minds of addicts and highly recommend his book "Chasing the Scream".

Also anything by Gabor Mate.

Great recording!

Reactions: skitliv, Life-Death-Afterlife, Jodes and 4 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
I wrote this poem about alcoholism.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Life-Death-Afterlife, lv-gras and 4 others
Singing In The Rain

Singing In The Rain

Student
Oct 29, 2018
Love hearing your thoughts man. I relate so much... It's almost freaky

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Jodes and 2 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I agree with you on that, alcohol is not the problem! It's the symptom. People drink for a reason and people take drugs for a reason. I don't drink much now if ever, it's a road I don't want to go down as I've been there many times. But never say never, if I can't get my shit together then who knows.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras, Singing In The Rain and 3 others
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
Couldn't agree with you more about alcoholism being a symptom of something much deeper, and this I believe is true of all addictions.

The first two times I tried to kill myself i was a social drinker, and a light one at that. I had a shrink tell me alcohol was my main problem and if i would get sober all of my angst and problems would magically vanish.

The TedTalk by Johan Harari is a fascinating look inside the minds of addicts and highly recommend his book "Chasing the Scream".

Also anything by Gabor Mate.

Great recording!
Sorry the recording only lasts for 5 minutes
https://www.speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/svaj3dcwvpz77fs4

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes and Smilla
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I agree with you on that, alcohol is not the problem! It's the symptom. People drink for a reason and people take drugs for a reason. I don't drink much now if ever, it's a road I don't want to go down as I've been there many times. But never say never, if I can't get my shit together then who knows.
Amen to that. I can't feel even close to "ok" except for when I am drinking. When I had my first beers it was like magic in a bottle. Same when I started drinking again 4 years ago. It felt like I could just float forever on that buzz. While I still love to drink but it seems more routine as opposed to "Magic". Ya get use to it. I only drank because I was in so much pain I couldn't handle it anymore. I still have zero coping skills unless booze is involved. I want to CTB yet I live in a world surrounded by optimists who don't respect my right to die. I wanted to be gone from this world for along time. Alcohol is a temporary solution to a permanate problem. The problem is sentience. I want to "fix" my problem (CTB) but society somehow sees that as a taboo. Wasn't like we all elected to be here.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Letmego. Please, Singing In The Rain and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
This makes sense and I like the way you explained why you drink. I'm not a drinker by any means, but it makes sense that people drink to forget about the problems, to cope with the pain and suffering, and sometimes for enjoyment.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
This makes sense and I like the way you explained why you drink. I'm not a drinker by any means, but it makes sense that people drink to forget about the problems, to cope with the pain and suffering, and sometimes for enjoyment.
Thank you for understanding. I held out as long as I could living a "sober life". The pain was just to severe. Reality is sobering enough as it is. I ain't got nothing left to loose man. I lost everything trying to have it all.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Niko, lv-gras and 1 other person
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
There
Thank you for understanding. I held out as long as I could living a "sober life". The pain was just to severe. Reality is sobering enough as it is. I ain't got nothing left to loose man. I lost everything trying to have it all.

There's no virtue in sobriety.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lv-gras and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
There

There's no virtue in sobriety.
Thanks, I agree. Especially since I want to CTB. We live in a world were only a beating heart matters. Society doesn't care if we are braindead, broke, or emotionally or physically destroyed.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and tommyhalpinkelly
Niko

Niko

Student
Oct 4, 2018
yeah I think this is a true statement but there is one caveat. Alcohol seems to act like a lighter fluid to whatever fire you've already started in your life; it crazy-clouds your judgement, numbs you out to the shit you need to deal with, and leaves you feeling weak, sick and drained.

it just doesn't help but it tricks you into thinking otherwise. I don't drink anymore and I don't want to, I don't want to go back into that manic-depressive idiotic hell hole I dug for myself.

But that's just me I guess and everyone reacts to things differently.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Johnnythefox, lv-gras and 1 other person
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks, I agree. Especially since I want to CTB. We live in a world were only a beating heart matters. Society doesn't care if we are braindead, broke, or emotionally or physically destroyed.
yeah I think this is a true statement but there is one caveat. Alcohol seems to act like a lighter fluid to whatever fire you've already started in your life; it crazy-clouds your judgement, numbs you out to the shit you need to deal with, and leaves you feeling weak, sick and drained.

it just doesn't help but it tricks you into thinking otherwise. I don't drink anymore and I don't want to, I don't want to go back into that manic-depressive idiotic hell hole I dug for myself.

The thing is, many drink excessively. I think it's better to drink one or two throughout the day and slowly.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, worldexploder and lv-gras
lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
The thing is, many drink excessively. I think it's better to drink one or two throughout the day and slowly.
If you have some of mine, you better drink slowly haha sorry I'm numb

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018

I understand. Personally I am just as miserable as I was when I was sober. I go 5 or 6 days out of a week without drinking. I hate the tolerance I developed though. I use to get drunk off Cooers Light. Now it's a battle to keep a buzz going off of Natty Daddy's. Alcohol doesn't cure my problems. But it does make it so were I can feel something every once and a while. I use to drink once every 2 or 3 days. I would rather have whiskey and vodka but my aunt won't let that in the house. I last drank the heavy stuff this summer. It was good to not fight for a buzz. I am gonna CTB anyway. May as well enjoy something while I am waiting.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Niko and lost illusions
tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
I understand. Personally I am just as miserable as I was when I was sober. I go 5 or 6 days out of a week without drinking. I hate the tolerance I developed though. I use to get drunk off Cooers Light. Now it's a battle to keep a buzz going off of Natty Daddy's. Alcohol doesn't cure my problems. But it does make it so were I can feel something every once and a while. I use to drink once every 2 or 3 days. I would rather have whiskey and vodka but my aunt won't let that in the house. I last drank the heavy stuff this summer. It was good to not fight for a buzz.

You should try potentiating the effects of alcohol with benzos.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and worldexploder
worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
You should try potentiating the effects of alcohol with benzos.
Oh I'll take my Xanax when I am finished drinking. I got such a surplus of the stuff. Lately I been taking 6 to 8mg after I drink. It relaxes me and makes me sleep for the better part of 2 days. I feel all snuggly when I do that.

tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
Oh I'll take my Xanax when I am finished drinking. I got such a surplus of the stuff. Lately I been taking 6 to 8mg after I drink. It relaxes me and makes me sleep for the better part of 2 days. I feel all snuggly when I do that.

xanax though has a short half-life. You should try valium (diazepam). It has a very nice after-glow.

lost illusions

lost illusions

bye
Sep 12, 2018
That works?

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
xanax though has a short half-life. You should try valium (diazepam). It has a very nice after-glow.
It does bit if I take enough it will last longer. I never tried Valium.

M

Miss clefable

Enlightened
Aug 23, 2018
To be honest I think alcohol will be the death of me

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Was this thread title borrowed from that line from mean girls? ;)
Regardless, beautiful title. I'm a teetotaller personally. Can barely trust myself gambling.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
To be honest I think alcohol will be the death of me
I guarentee that if you chugged whiskey or vodka on top of lithium you would probably die. I am no expert but I almost died from whiskey alone in 2009.

tommyhalpinkelly

tommyhalpinkelly

Nov 21, 2018
I guarentee that if you chugged whiskey or vodka on top of lithium you would probably die. I am no expert but I almost died from whiskey alone in 2009.

Best you combine alcohol with another CNS depressant (although it doesn't guarantee death most likely coma) like ambien (zolpidem) and xanax (alprazolam).

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I believe there's a Wiki on comedian Doug Stanhope's mother doing just that, ironically.

worldexploder

worldexploder

Visionary
Sep 19, 2018
I believe there's a Wiki on comedian Doug Stanhope's mother doing just that, ironically.
Well when I first tried whisky I almost died. I ended up crawling to my bed. I didn't understand limits in 2009. I was so use to just regular ole beer.