Pinkliquid12

Pinkliquid12

Sep 10, 2022
I'm in the same boat. I quit my shitty fast food job a couple months ago due to an inflexible schedule (among numerous other reasons, one being that it was deteriorating my mental health even further, to the point where I'd often be holding back tears throughout the day). Since then I've been staying at home with my mom, pretending to look for work and lying about going to interviews. I haven't even updated my resume. I can't stand the thought of having to work and being given such responsibilities.
I was fired from my previous job because of how incompetent I was despite working there for years. I was treated with kid's gloves by my boss. Everyone was always so nice and friendly to me, but after too many mistakes I woke up before my shift with a text saying I was terminated and to drop off my keys. I was booted from the group chat too, I could not even say goodbye. Nobody reached out to me either. Biggest aspect of my life gone.
I cannot bear the stress and anxiety and failure and soul-crushing exhaustion that comes with working, especially when the reward might as well be pennies. I am silently looking into financial assistance but even that feels pointless. It's not like I enjoy the free time. I think the only solution here is to surround yourself with loved ones who want to care for you and just deal with the guilt. I hope this is possible for you.

• Love
Reactions: Huntfish34