Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Since I've seen many people asking here how to write a suicide note, I've figured out that this would be useful. The link below explains how to write a suicide note and is in the list of resources pinned at the top of the main forum page as well, but is almost invisible among so many links and I only discovered it on other thread. It was very helpful to me and I plan on using the tips on it to write my own note:

How to write a suicide note

The SS thread below could also be helpful for those writing a note. I personally think that it should be pinned or added to the list of resources due to its importance. Check it out if you want other people to offer constructive criticism on your note or to get some inspiration from other notes (Only read them for inspiration. It's NOT nice to copy others' notes):

Workshop your suicide note

I hope that it helps.

Reactions: Rocksandsand, DreamCatcher and Lookingforabus
A

Aliaiactaest

Student
Jun 7, 2019
I have no idea how to write such a note. All I know is that I did write one and it does not become activated until such point as I CTB. It is 40 pages single spaced typed with endnotes. Not sure if it is the right way to do it or the wrong way. Much of it is my thoughts and reminiscences on life, for better or worse. It invokes a lot of literature and poetry. I leave notes to my children and ex-wives. There is no revenge motive but I do say things to certain people that might make them a bit less than comfortable. This is my last chance to say anything so I don't want to gloss things over either.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover
After The End

After The End

The lily whispers, “I wait.”
Jul 31, 2019
The first link should probably be labelled, 'how to write a suicide note that the Ash subculture approves of,'

Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
The first link should probably be labelled, 'how to write a suicide note that the Ash subculture approves of,'

Looked useful to me. I'd encourage people who disagree with it to put their own guides together... not a lot of resources out there for writing a good suicide note, so we could always use more.

Reactions: Aion and Oblivion Lover
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
Well, it seemed like it had some useful tips, and as I said I found it by accident and the link is from another member of SS. I have no idea of what is that subculture you're talking about and honestly I'm afraid to google it considering your reaction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baskol1
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Well, it seemed like it had some useful tips, and as I said I found it by accident and the link is from another member of SS. I have no idea of what is that subculture you're talking about and honestly I'm afraid to google it considering your reaction.

alt.suicide.holiday. It was (is?) an Usenet group. Usenet was a popular discussion architecture back in the 80's and 90's before the world wide web and webforums (like this) came into existence. Back before you had webforums, Usenet was what was used for basically the same thing.

Reactions: Oblivion Lover and Baskol1
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
alt.suicide.holiday. It was (is?) an Usenet group. Usenet was a popular discussion architecture back in the 80's and 90's before the world wide web and webforums (like this) came into existence. Back before you had webforums, Usenet was what was used for basically the same thing.
Thanks for explaining. I was expecting something worse.

Reactions: Aion and Baskol1
E

Echo_23

Dec 1, 2019
Just a PSA for those looking on the Ashspace archive... It comes up with a sign in window and this is for all their webpages. I'm not sure how recently this was introduced I honestly haven't been on ash for a few months but that's just for anyone wondering. Also I've tried looking around online for a possible available login details but nothing relevant comes up. Sorry if this was posted on the wrong thread also, but I was just reading this post and thought I should mention it.

Reactions: Ironweed
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Good thing I have alt suicicde holiday archived in a secret folder on my laptop
As for notes. Mine is 6 pages long and has references to songs and literature, reasons I want to die, and my will. I think its correctly constructed.