sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
Standing on knees did you lean forward or pushed down like sitting back and did it take you long to start the feeling
i was pushing myself down. Feeling started to appear after 3 seconds, then, after a second, i stood up

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
i was pushing myself down. Feeling started to appear after 3 seconds, then, after a second, i stood up
Thank you, sounds promising as i am planning on the same position. Bzw am kinda jealous of your setup. Looks perfect for partial.

Edit: oh I see it's only attached tied with the rope. Would it not slide with convulsions?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: sorlox
sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
Thank you, sounds promising as i am planning on the same position. Bzw am kinda jealous of your setup. Looks perfect for partial.

Edit: oh I see it's only attached tied with the rope. Would it not slide with convulsions?
it's tied very securely. I used all 10 meters of rope to secure the ladder on top of it. So it isn't going to move anywhere. And noose end is just wrapped around the ladder. It also helps to adjust the length of the noose

Last edited:
Reactions: rozeske
P

peacefulexit

Dec 17, 2023
Hey guys, I'm getting a bit worried that hanging yourself is way more complicated and hard to do than the instructions at the start of this thread suggest. Or am I overthinking this?

Also, is there a "definite" guide?

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Hey guys, I'm getting a bit worried that hanging yourself is way more complicated and hard to do than the instructions at the start of this thread suggest. Or am I overthinking this?

Also, is there a "definite" guide?
It not easy and straight forward and does require to do a bit more research to understand it and might require safe practice to figure out which position and rope placement works best for you. But it's a most commonly used method and the best option for those of us that doesn't have access to the other more "easier " methods.

Edit:
There are no "definite" guides just a bunch of threads explaining the methods, people's success and failure stories that would help in understanding it abit more
This materials might help if you haven't already seen it.

Last edited:
Reactions: peacefulexit
P

peacefulexit

Dec 17, 2023
It not easy and straight forward and does require to do a bit more research to understand it and might require safe practice to figure out which position and rope placement works best for you. But it's a most commonly used method and the best option for
Thanks for this. Can you point me in the direction of the best resource? As I'm guessing it's not the one at the very start of this thread?

I always thought this wouldn't be so complicated, as hanging is by far the most used method here in Australia. And surely all these people who went through with it aren't all geniuses for working it out?

Guess I'm now just freaking out that I won't be able to work this out – and things are getting so damn bad that I'm ready to go ahead with it now, and I thought it was as simple as having a rope, a knot, and a secure anchor point.

Reactions: rozeske
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Thanks for this. Can you point me in the direction of the best resource? As I'm guessing it's not the one at the very start of this thread?

I always thought this wouldn't be so complicated, as hanging is by far the most used method here in Australia. And surely all these people who went through with it aren't all geniuses for working it out?

Guess I'm now just freaking out that I won't be able to work this out – and things are getting so damn bad that I'm ready to go ahead with it now, and I thought it was as simple as having a rope, a knot, and a secure anchor point.
I have edited the above reply regarding materials, it also helps to read the comments on this thread atleast the last few pages.
There are also some videos you can watch on WPD that can help you understand it more. But this might be hard to do.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Having a mini practice (as I didn't have loads of room where I was doing it to get comfortable and the right angle) I can definitely say that it's also comfortable doing it below the Adams apple but the trick seems to be to make sure that it's low enough. I backed out way too soon for it to be effective unfortunately and being cowardly doesn't help. The choice of rope definitely helped to make it more comfortable even though I have marks ony neck and feel a little rope burn. I may put a scarf on next time. At least the marks are easier to hide when they're low on your neck. I didn't apply enough pressure so I mostly got the exploding head feeling with ear ringing, partial lightheadedness and tingling in my hands.

@peacefulexit @rozeske
Happy for you over here. it's certainly an improvement. Although everyone else benefits from practice run testimonies please be careful with those test runs. They could be deadly (pun intended). Most people's experiences are leading to bottom works better. It's a good thing to bear that in mind.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
So I tried it and on my pull-up bar just now (although my knees were touching the floor) and the improved angle definitely helps but I think I got the rope too long and after having your head constantly feeling pressurised and the reduced blood flow there's only so many times you can feel motivated to try this in one sitting so I've stopped.

Argh 😡, I'm definitely gonna take anything I said back about SI not being an issue with partial but it's still easier than a lot of other methods.
It might be because your body sees it coming. Let's hope we all can overcome it sooner than later.

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
So I tried it and on my pull-up bar just now (although my knees were touching the floor) and the improved angle definitely helps but I think I got the rope too long and after having your head constantly feeling pressurised and the reduced blood flow there's only so many times you can feel motivated to try this in one sitting so I've stopped.

Argh 😡, I'm definitely gonna take anything I said back about SI not being an issue with partial but it's still easier than a lot of other methods.
Can you draw and show what angle your rope was at?
Was the rope directed strictly vertically or not?

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
If I feel like my brain is running out of oxygen and my body is starting to shake, does that mean I'm not squeezing the carotid arteries hard enough?

I do not reach the point of complete loss of consciousness, because I am afraid that in fact I will feel for a long time how my oxygen is running out and how my body is shaking, and this will lead to a stroke while I am conscious.

I really don't understand what's wrong with my body.
It seemed to me that what was happening to me should not have happened while I was conscious
But I'm conscious when it happens, even though I'm disoriented and don't feel like I'm suffocating.

I'm just afraid that I'll remain disabled with a noose around my neck and never lose consciousness.

After about 5-10 seconds, my body starts shaking and I stop the process.

What do you guys say? Do I need to tighten the noose around my neck even more?

I read so often about how other people's bodies become weak and people lose consciousness.
And my body starts shaking because of the lack of oxygen.
But I have a feeling that oxygen is still going to my brain, but not in the amount in which this oxygen should be supplied to the brain.
That is, it seems to me that my arteries are compressed, but somehow the oxygen supply goes to the brain.

I am in wild despair

And I know that I'm already tired of writing the same type of messages, but I'm so desperate.

I'm squeezing the arteries hard enough as it is.
If I squeeze even harder, I won't be able to breathe, because the pressure on the larynx will be too strong

Please help me..

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I can appreciate your concerns. Where are you placing the noose as in both positions I've never had any pressure on my larynx unless I put the noose in the wrong place. Maybe this isn't true for full suspension (I'm gonna ask people who have done it) but in partial there shouldn't be anywhere near enough pressure for that. Maybe try with the noose below your Adamsapple as shown in the image below. View attachment 127602
I apply a loop just below the chin to cover the throbbing areas.
I already said once that in my case, the circuit only works when the node is IN FRONT. The node is located in front and slightly to the side

If I position the rope in the same way as in the photo you attached below, then I will start coughing, or nothing will happen

When I place the rope according to "my own scheme", then I have pressure on the larynx, yes, but this pressure is tolerable, and I can still breathe, and then I start to lose oxygen, which I feel in consciousness

That is, the areas of the neck where the pulse is strongest are squeezed. I squeeze the places where both arteries branch

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
If I position the rope in the same way as in the photo you attached below, then I will start coughing, or nothing will happen
Can you maybe try to find a pressure point that is in between (coughing could indicate too much pressure and the nothing happening could indicate too little pressure)
Below the Adams apple is the location that seems to be working for most here. But if you are putting the knot at the front that could be what is giving you the coughing when it presses in to your larynx.

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
Can you maybe try to find a pressure point that is in between (coughing could indicate too much pressure and the nothing happening could indicate too little pressure)
Below the Adams apple is the location that seems to be working for most here. But if you are putting the knot at the front that could be what is giving you the coughing when it presses in to your larynx.
This is the level where my rope loop is located.
This is where I have the strongest pulse.
(a mark on the neck due to experiments)
The knot is tied either directly in front or on the right side of the front.

I'm already tired of feeling like my brain is deprived of oxygen while I'm conscious.

Maybe this is how it should be? I don't know anymore...

Attachments

• IMG_20240129_081731_edit_55837071648771.jpg
    IMG_20240129_081731_edit_55837071648771.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
This is the level where my rope loop is located.
This is where I have the strongest pulse.
(a mark on the neck due to experiments)
The knot is tied either directly in front or on the right side of the front.

I'm already tired of feeling like my brain is deprived of oxygen while I'm conscious.

Maybe this is how it should be? I don't know anymore...
That location has worked for some but not for others as everyone has different anatomy. But the wiki guide suggests to put it at the bottom third of your neck and many are finding it easier there. It may not work for everyone but that is what the guide recommends.

Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
I know from suicide photos that the knot can work in front of the neck when you're in certain positions but have you actually tried it behind the neck?
Of you're also female then you'd think that with less muscle density it'd be easier too.

I feel and share your frustration so much 😠
Yes, I've tried making a knot from behind, but for some reason I almost never get close to losing consciousness when the knot is from behind.

I've been trying to make a knot in the back for a long time. It's much much more complicated than the knot in the front. Although I use different pressures, different materials and different places on the neck.

I will keep trying, I have no choice... Just try and try

• Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 82921
Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
Snuggle hitch knot failed successfully.
God I am stupid, I just can't extrapolate what I see on YouTube (where they use round sticks) to this long metal crap.
Anyways, I think I got the main idea and made one piece of rope to be held under another piece, so the more you pull, the firmer it gets. Just to be sure I secured it with a couple of simple knots.
Hope that because this thing is close to a wall it won't be a problem.
I still couldn't make myself lose consciousness with my hand, but I think my weight should be enough to do the trick. I remember when I was young a wrestler I knew locked my neck with his arms. I thought I could just tense my muscles and break away, but after around, 20 seconds I just lost control of my body completely. Lol.

And the noose. Yes, yes, fucking finally! Everything is set. Just a few more days and I finally will be free.

Attachments

• 1000006678.jpg
    1000006678.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240129_214343.jpg
    20240129_214343.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Chronosphere

Chronosphere

Student
Jan 17, 2024
A lovely rear naked choke 🥴
Oh yeah, that's how it was called.
Pretty interesting experience really. One second you are struggling furiously and the other you just turn into a ragdoll without even realizing it.

Reactions: Worndown
A

augenunternull230

Mar 27, 2022
What kind of rope is best for this? Also, can anybody recommend solid ligature anchor points?

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
Double braided dock line is smooth, supple and very strong.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Biy something like this which has a splice woven into it so you don't even need to do a knot for your anchor point you can just throw the loop over and feed the other end through.

I am starting to wonder if you have a commission from this company 🤔

• Yay!
Reactions: Justnotme and FutureHanger
L

Lone traveller

Jan 15, 2024
Fuck it. I tried hanging. I was unconscious which took like a minute from suspension hanging. Apartment owner saved me and Apartment owner took me to his room for few days. He gave me hopes in life to face the problem. Now with suicide tendency, I have this embarrassment to show my face to world.
Second time failure.
When I kicked the stool, it sounded like thunder and my apartment owner saw me dangling from window. He has spare key.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Justnotme
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Fuck it. I tried hanging. I was unconscious which took like a minute from suspension hanging. Apartment owner saved me and Apartment owner took me to his room for few days. He gave me hopes in life to face the problem. Now with suicide tendency, I have this embarrassment to show my face to world.
Second time failure.
When I kicked the stool, it sounded like thunder and my apartment owner saw me dangling from window. He has spare key.
🤔

Sour&Sweet

Sour&Sweet

Feb 1, 2024
Thank you for your post on this, very informative. Will definitely help me CTB
<3