S

snazzjazz

Nov 26, 2021
Why knot behind left ear? That creates an unequal distribution of pressure around your neck.
Seems like that's where most place it in videos of "professional" hangings, or basically back of neck or slightly to one side. Whatever.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Seems like that's where most place it in videos of "professional" hangings, or basically back of neck or slightly to one side. Whatever.
Professional? Do you mean long drop execution hangings?

S

storyoftheghost

Dec 2, 2021
tomorrow seems like a good day. haven't gotten through whole thread. full seems like way to go. only risk would be knot breaking? I have a

PARACORD PLANET 100' Hanks Parachute 550 Cord Type III 7

something like that. It's long, but figure I can just cut off what I don't need, tie to end of tree(need to figure out that knot), test it, and then kick stool. I've scouted trees but this feels like time.

Ravel

Ravel

tired
Dec 13, 2021
I don't have access to ropes or ties here at home. could i use fitted sheet?

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

Ícone Verificada pela comunidade

fitted sheet

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021

When the rope digs into your neck the diameter of your neck is reduced about 50%. This makes the knot slide along the rope. If the knot was originally placed in middle of your neck it slides to side where the rope goes up to the anchor point.

If the neck should be broken by a long drop, the initial knot position is between ear and eye.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
When the rope digs into your neck the diameter of your neck is reduced about 50%. This makes the knot slide along the rope. If the knot was originally placed in middle of your neck it slides to side where the rope goes up to the anchor point.

If the neck should be broken by a long drop, the initial knot position is between ear and eye.
But it doesn't matter that it slides right? It's still going to do the job?

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021

Long drop is deadly regardless of sliding or knot position. In theory, proper procedure is supposed to break the neck without (partial) decapitation. In practise, many botched executions happened, but no one walked out form them.

W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
I have two questions.
1. People say to compress your carotid arteries before hanging yourself so I lied down on the floor like I was going to sleep, felt the pulse on my throat, above my larynx, and squeezed it with my hands looking like this, https://www.mrporter.com/cms/ycm/re...741b1cba-722c-4d6a-8ef0-4dddec125998-data.jpg, but it didnt make me dizzy or black out even in 20 seconds, I even squeezed it so hard that I felt bones, probably my vocal chords, but all I felt was the pulse getting stronger, pain in the area I was squeezing and a headache. How does one even compress the arteries?
2. I've heard one must position the rope at the top of the neck/close to the bottom of the jaw yet in the suicide wiki article on hanging it advises that you put the rope at the bottom of the neck, below their larynx and I've seen photos of deceased hanging victims where the belt/rope was on the middle of their neck; If I want to do full suspension hanging where do I position the rope, my carotid artery pulse is strong above my larynx and there's no way I can position ligature on the middle of my neck because unlike every hanged victim, my larynx is pretty big and is basically a large bump on my neck. Can anyone give me any advice to where I should put the rope

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021
I have two questions.
1. People say to compress your carotid arteries before hanging yourself so I lied down on the floor like I was going to sleep, felt the pulse on my throat, above my larynx, and squeezed it with my hands looking like this, https://www.mrporter.com/cms/ycm/re...741b1cba-722c-4d6a-8ef0-4dddec125998-data.jpg, but it didnt make me dizzy or black out even in 20 seconds, I even squeezed it so hard that I felt bones, probably my vocal chords, but all I felt was the pulse getting stronger, pain in the area I was squeezing and a headache. How does one even compress the arteries?
2. I've heard one must position the rope at the top of the neck/close to the bottom of the jaw yet in the suicide wiki article on hanging it advises that you put the rope at the bottom of the neck, below their larynx and I've seen photos of deceased hanging victims where the belt/rope was on the middle of their neck; If I want to do full suspension hanging where do I position the rope, my carotid artery pulse is strong above my larynx and there's no way I can position ligature on the middle of my neck because unlike every hanged victim, my larynx is pretty big and is basically a large bump on my neck. Can anyone give me any advice to where I should put the rope

Sucide Wiki was written by random people on the Internet, just like all the posts here. Things written may or may not be true. Scientific papers tend to be more accurate.

Since you are a new memeber, I suggest you read the forum rules. There is a difference between general discussion about subject, and giving specific advice
to an individual. Second thing is against the rules, and against the law in many countries.

Reactions: Sluggish_Slump and TheHelpfulGiant
W

WilNord

Student
Dec 17, 2021
Sucide Wiki was written by random people on the Internet, just like all the posts here. Things written may or may not be true. Scientific papers tend to be more accurate.

Since you are a new memeber, I suggest you read the forum rules. There is a difference between general discussion about subject, and giving specific advice
to an individual. Second thing is against the rules, and against the law in many countries.
It's a law when giving advice to someone wanting to do it to themselves, I simply want to know because I'm writing a story and like to be as realistic as possible xD.
Also all the papers I read simply commented on the placement of the knot, which is mostly at the back of the neck. Not if the rope is above the larynx/adam's apple or below. If anyone knows PM so I can write my story better

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Long drop is deadly regardless of sliding or knot position. In theory, proper procedure is supposed to break the neck without (partial) decapitation. In practise, many botched executions happened, but no one walked out form them.
I was meaning full suspension, not long drop.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021

A loop with a not sliding noose will do the job too. In this case the rope force is little lower, what a simple geometric calculations show, but this is overkill if the hanging is full suspension.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
It's a law when giving advice to someone wanting to do it to themselves, I simply want to know because I'm writing a story and like to be as realistic as possible xD.
Also all the papers I read simply commented on the placement of the knot, which is mostly at the back of the neck. Not if the rope is above the larynx/adam's apple or below. If anyone knows PM so I can write my story better

I love realistic written hanging stories! Of course the rope has to be above the adam´s apple, it will slide in that direction anyway, due to gravitation. If you want to play with noose non lethally for sexual reasons (auto-erotic asphyxiation) it is important that the rope does not touch your larynx. Otherwise you will injure your larynx.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
A loop with a not sliding noose will do the job too. In this case the rope force is little lower, what a simple geometric calculations show, but this is overkill if the hanging is full suspension.
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean 😅 my plan is use a noose knot (NOT hangman's noose) in full suspension, knot placed back of neck. Was just double checking it was going to work.

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Sorry I'm not sure what you mean 😅 my plan is use a noose knot (NOT hangman's noose) in full suspension, knot placed back of neck. Was just double checking it was going to work.

Don´t worry, your noose will work! I just wanted to say, that even if the knot is not sliding the noose will work.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus and Ta555
W

wait-for-the-bus

Dec 14, 2021
My preference is a combination of techniques that are taken from both partial and full suspension methods.

What I plan is to use a two step stool. The slipnot noose will hang so I can easily put it around my neck and tighten it to compress my carotid artery on the top step.

Once in place I will step down gently to ensure the noose tightens and pinches the carotid very tight at the right spot.

I suspect at this point I will be on my tippy toes.

I will make any adjustments I need to make to sure the pressures is clearly on the carotid artery.

Once I find its placed correctly (the sweet spot), and I can feel the dizzyness that comes with the early stage of passing out, I will lower my heals to place even more pressure. If I am still capable, I will try to push the steps away.

Otherwise, when I loose consciousness, I will simply collapse off the stool into a full suspension that should totally collapse the carotid artery and the jugular.
If it works, I will never recover consciousness and I will cease to exist.

Reactions: Efilismislife
devian

devian

make no mistake i was born lavish
Oct 25, 2021
20211220 140738

would this work? for a full suspension, maybe? still trying to find my sweet spot but if i wrapped the ends better here and kicked off the ladder that SHOULD work, right?

Reactions: Vanrock3000 and Worndown
W

wait-for-the-bus

Dec 14, 2021
View attachment 81576

would this work? for a full suspension, maybe? still trying to find my sweet spot but if i wrapped the ends better here and kicked off the ladder that SHOULD work, right?
I think the key is that you are comfortable at a step where you can fine tune the placement of the rope and then easily step down to tighten it. If the rope stays in the place of the sweet spot - add some extra pressure and you will pass out

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
@wait-for-the-bus @to_deviate just wondering why you guys are talking about sweet spot in regards to full suspension? The rope will end up high on the neck anyway? I mean I do get the thinking behind the method of compressing carotid first but if your sweet spot for partial is low on the neck your rope will still end up just below the jaw once you're in full?

W

wait-for-the-bus

Dec 14, 2021
@wait-for-the-bus @to_deviate just wondering why you guys are talking about sweet spot in regards to full suspension? The rope will end up high on the neck anyway? I mean I do get the thinking behind the method of compressing carotid first but if your sweet spot for partial is low on the neck your rope will still end up just below the jaw once you're in full?
Your point is well taken - and these are things I need to consider as I plan my exit strategy

But I am assuming if you are already unconscious your carotid will continue to be pinched even if your rope moves.

Maybe someone else can meaure in on this with a few comments.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
Your point is well taken - and these are things I need to consider as I plan my exit strategy

But I am assuming if you are already unconscious your carotid will continue to be pinched even if your rope moves.

Maybe someone else can meaure in on this with a few comments.
To be honest, it sounds complicated to me 😅 I would take benzos, duct tape my mouth and nose, hands behind back and off I go in full. I don't see more foolproof than that. That's just my opinion.

• Yay!
Reactions: wait-for-the-bus
Hater

Hater

Dec 6, 2021
To be honest, it sounds complicated to me 😅 I would take benzos, duct tape my mouth and nose, hands behind back and off I go in full. I don't see more foolproof than that. That's just my opinion.
and how do you get through the breathlessness and the exploding-head feeling when the noose goes up?
when I place noose below my aa I can feel myself getting dizzy even just by applying low pressure and it is almost painless, but when I place it up below the jaw to feel what is it like, I can't get over the exploding head and the noose compressing my thick neck it is unbearable and really ineffective even when I put more pressure, I think my windpipe would get crushed before I start to feel dizzy.

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021
and how do you get through the breathlessness and the exploding-head feeling when the noose goes up?
when I place noose below my aa I can feel myself getting dizzy even just by applying low pressure and it is almost painless, but when I place it up below the jaw to feel what is it like, I can't get over the exploding head and the noose compressing my thick neck it is unbearable and really ineffective even when I put more pressure, I think my windpipe would get crushed before I start to feel dizzy.
Sounds like you're doing partial. I don't know much about partial. It's too annoying to me. In full suspension you'll be in pain and discomfort, sure, but you'll pass out under a minute from everything I've read. Usually 20 secs or less. And no worrying about whether you'll get up again when unconscious as so many people seem to do and fail with partial.

TheSDMan

TheSDMan

Aug 19, 2021
Sounds like you're doing partial. I don't know much about partial. It's too annoying to me. In full suspension you'll be in pain and discomfort, sure, but you'll pass out under a minute from everything I've read. Usually 20 secs or less. And no worrying about whether you'll get up again when unconscious as so many people seem to do and fail with partial.

So is it sure with full suspension that you pass out under a minute?

I am considering it, but lets say you commit and it just blocks airway you might suffocate for a while no?

T

Ta555

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2021

I am considering it, but lets say you commit and it just blocks airway you might suffocate for a while no?
Nothing is ever 'sure' but with a well placed slipknot you technically should be cutting off your blood vessels and that will make you lose consciousness fast.

HosenA10

HosenA10

Oct 17, 2019
Which method causes the most pain, total or partial suspension?

ThisIsNotMeR

ThisIsNotMeR

Sep 25, 2021
Which method causes the most pain, total or partial suspension?
Probably total, I'd imagine hanging completely from your neck is quite unpleasant but it's only for a rather short time. I'd still rather do total than partial because far less can go wrong

I don't think a simple rope can cut off your airways without cutting off your blood vessels at least, it requires a lot more pressure. Full suspension will cut off both, but you should pass out due to blood vessels long before your airway becomes a problem.

Reactions: CloseFriendofCamus, Solar1703, elephant1 and 1 other person