Riddles

Riddles

Sep 29, 2021
Does somebody have information on the location of the knot? In the moment Im not capabale of testing correctly, because I can barely leave my bed, even taking a shirt on is too much for me sometimes atm. So causing unconsciousness through a rope around the neck is a little too much aswell.
But from what I see, no matter if the knot is in front of the face or behind the back, pressure on my blood vessels is applied. Does it really matter?

1) I would ask myself if the anchor point is really stable enough since it will have to hold your weight about 20 minutes. Even if it holds you in a quick test, doesn't mean it lasts through the entire period.
2) Are you sure this place is really private enough? Looks quite public to me, like the cellar of a big house. You are found, you are not dead.
3) Maybe you simply test the height. Unfold your rope, make a proper knot (i take the slipknot, it gets recommended a lot and seems to work very good in my tests), attach the rope securely to the anchor point and see if everything works out the way you imagine it. I think there is actually almost no height requires, you can probably attach your noose very close to the anchor point. Your body will still pull you down with its weight.
Hey.
2.) Thanks for replying to this, it really helps. Hmmm this is at the back of the house, I plan to do it 11PM or 12AM, they will find me by 6AM when they go at the back of the house. Pretty much public.
3.) I am sure this will hold my weight since it's cemented and a window grid that's a tight iron bar. One thing I'm worried about is that it doesn't swing the rope or it's not the same as where there is only a metallic bar that can swing the rope like a pendelum or one single beam where you can tie the rope to.

Maybe I'll be testing it out.
@AnotherTragicName you can't leave your bed??

Last edited:
JalimRabey

JalimRabey

Sep 1, 2021
How much noise will i make when haging from full suspension? I've rented a cheap house, but i'm concerned that the neighbours or someone walking past the streets could hear something.

Sorry my bad english i'm from brazil

I

insomuchpain316

Sep 19, 2021
I am able to tie a snuggle hitch knot on small objects like a couple of inches wide with my rope. The problem is my anchor point is a foot and a half wide and it doesn't exactly produce a knot I can tighten. Does the anchor point need to be smaller in width?

I

insomuchpain316

Sep 19, 2021
I am able to tie a snuggle hitch knot on small objects like a couple of inches wide with my rope. The problem is my anchor point is a foot and a half wide and it doesn't exactly produce a knot I can tighten. Does the anchor point need to be smaller in width?
Any help would be greatly appreciated

L

lookingfortheend

Oct 3, 2021
I just thought this information is better off here now, because the original source has been taken down.
If this violates any rules or if the author doesn't want this information to be reproduced on other sites, the admins or mods are free to delete my thread. I hope you don't mind, this is very useful, and it's not my intention to steal Loe's content.
Source and credit: Loe

main-qimg-280555d09229e359da3e30c0205fdfdf-c

Guide to partially suspended hanging:

Warning: Don't try this method unless you're totally sure that:
a) you want to kill yourself
b) that you won't be found for at least 30 minutes after you attempt.

This method is very lethal and quick (quick from your perspective
anyway, as you black out within seconds), but if you're found in time
and 'saved' you can end up with serious brain damage and/or be left a
vegetable.

Why partial suspension?
Because full suspension seems to me to be unnecessary and creates
difficulties. First of all you need to find a place which would hold
your entire weight, which isn't easy, and also you need a stronger
ligature, which isn't always easy to find either. There's nothing
wrong with full suspension, but it may not be a viable method for
everyone, especially if you're looking to use everyday materials from
around the home.

By partial suspension I mean that you hang yourself around the neck
(specifically the carotid artery), and push downwards while kneeling.
This should create enough downward pressure on the ligature to tighten
it and close the carotid artery and stop the blood flow to your brain.
All you need is 3 kilograms of pressure to do this, which isn't much
at all.

Also, with full suspension your entire body weight is pressurizing
your neck, and this would probably be more than enough to not only cut
off the blood supply to your brain, but break your neck as well. I'm
not too sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I do know though, that
statistically people who've attempted via hanging have more often been
found kneeling and partially suspended than being fully suspended.

Where is the carotid artery?
Before you start you have to know this. If you place your hand around
the middle of your neck, around your Adam's apple, with one thumb on
one side and all fingers on the other, you should feel a strong pulse
and heartbeat. If you close your hand now fairly firmly, you'll
probably make yourself pass out. It might be a good idea to try this
to make sure you've got the right spot.

What type of ligature?
You need a ligature that's strong, but not too elastic. It doesn't
have to be very long, 1 meter or more would be plenty. I'd advise
against nylon rope, string, fishing wire, etc.
Neckties on the other hand, are perfect Smile .

It may also be a good idea to lubricate the ligature with soap. This
would help the noose tighten even quicker, especially if you're using
a rough ligature such as a rope. Lubricating it in this way will
increase the friction once you push your head down and tighten the
noose, and could make it a little more effective and faster.

What type of knot?
A slipknot. It's one of the most basic knots around, and you make it
with one end of your ligature. The other end should go around your
hanging place.

Many people have the misguided idea that a hangman's knot should be
used, but they're wrong. A hangman's knot is for a completely
different purpose, and won't work for this method.

Where should I hang?
You should hang from a support which will hold part of your weight.

You should test this by tying the loose end of your ligature around
the support several times, sticking your hand (NOT your head) in the
noose and pushing down with it. If the noose holds, you're fine. If
not, then you'll have to find another spot.

A great and easy place to hang is from the thick horizontal metal bar
which you find in wardrobes in most homes.

When should I do it?
When no one else will be in the same area, for at least 30 minutes.
You lose consciousness within seconds but your body doesn't completely
die for around 15-20 minutes. The extra 10-15 minutes is for
preparation time and just in case.

How?

When you're completely ready, kneel down, stick your head in the
noose, position it around the carotid artery and push downwards with
your head.

Good luck...
Where do u hang the rope from, I have nothing on the ceiling

Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Your ceiling is probably designed to carry heavy loads. If it is concrete use a heavy-duty dowel. If you have ceiling beams use a screw hook.

Hybrid

Hybrid

Jun 30, 2020
What do you guys think about pullup bar on a door frame? Mounting it on a door frame wouldn't make me fully hang, I'm tall. But would it still be effective? What if I took some sleeping pills? Pills not for ctb, but to make me weak enough so I fall asleep while "stand hanging" from a door frame. What would be better: rope or some wider band that goes fully around neck?

That sounds perfect.

I have a door pull-up bar from Blu Fit that can hold 181 KG that i can use as surface for the rope.

And to beat fear/survival instinct, i can get some sleeping pills from a neurologist, or maybe LSD from the Streets.

Do you know how thick the rope must be ?

justsayin

justsayin

Jan 30, 2021

You might want to check out modern day analysis of that experiment:

Reactions: Gustav Hartmann
M

Motoko

Feb 27, 2020
That sounds perfect.

I have a door pull-up bar from Blu Fit that can hold 181 KG that i can use as surface for the rope.

And to beat fear/survival instinct, i can get some sleeping pills from a neurologist, or maybe LSD from the Streets.

I was wondering the same. I think one has to try different kinds of thickness to see what's work best for them. Not too thin, not too thick.

JalimRabey

JalimRabey

Sep 1, 2021
Fuck SI, instead of jumping the stool i dropped slowly, started to shake and somehow manage to flip the stool up again and climbed it all that while hanging weighing 210lbs and drunk.

The worst feeling of my life, like a coward unable to do the only thing that ends this nightmare

Anyone with the same experience? Maybe its better to hang while sober

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: logan, Buried_Kid, Ash and 2 others
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Fuck SI, instead of jumping the stool i dropped slowly, started to shake and somehow manage to flip the stool up again and climbed it all that while hanging weighing 210lbs and drunk.

The worst feeling of my life, like a coward unable to do the only thing that ends this nightmare

Anyone with the same experience? Maybe its better to hang while sober
Don't know about drunk or sober but the slower I go, the worse it is. Last week I tried just leaning forwards and had to catch myself before I passed out. Definitely how I'll do it when the time comes.

Reactions: Hotsackage, JalimRabey and forgotten15
Buried_Kid

Buried_Kid

Fading to black.
May 30, 2021
That sounds perfect.

I was wondering the same. I think one has to try different kinds of thickness to see what's work best for them. Not too thin, not too thick.

Well, at my understanding based on the wiki and the experience of many users, I think it works as easy as this:

- The thinner the rope is, more force is going to be applied to your neck (good) but it'll hurt you a bit, and pain could be another problem when trying to fight our survival instinct (bad).

- The thicker the rope is, less force will be applied to your neck (bad), but it'll be a lot more comfortable (good).

Conclusion: You need to find a rope that isn't that thin so it doesn't hurt you, but that also is able to make you pass out easily. Anyway if you have a thin neck, you can just get a thick rope because it doesn't decrease that much the force applied to your neck. It'll probably work great, and without the pain of the thin rope

Every body is different and the rope that fit best to everyone changes. But for me, a 10mm rope does it pretty well.
I love you all. <3

Reactions: Ash
Gustav Hartmann

Gustav Hartmann

Mage
Aug 28, 2021
Well, at my understanding based on the wiki and the experience of many users, I think it works as easy as this:

- The thinner the rope is, more force is going to be applied to your neck (good) but it'll hurt you a bit, and pain could be another problem when trying to fight our survival instinct (bad).

- The thicker the rope is, less force will be applied to your neck (bad), but it'll be a lot more comfortable (good).

Conclusion: You need to find a rope that isn't that thin so it doesn't hurt you, but that also is able to make you pass out easily. Anyway if you have a thin neck, you can just get a thick rope because it doesn't decrease that much the force applied to your neck. It'll probably work great, and without the pain of the thin rope

Every body is different and the rope that fit best to everyone changes. But for me, a 10mm rope does it pretty well.
I love you all. <3
You are exactly right, the pressure to the neck is directly proportional to your body weight and inversely proportional to the product of your neck diameter and the diameter of the rope. The diameter of the neck when the rope has cut in is meant.

You need a certain pressure to close the carotid arteries, as more closed than closed is not possible additional pressure effects only more pain.

Reactions: Buried_Kid
tonytwist007

tonytwist007

Oct 6, 2021
I am planning to rent a hotel room and go out with partial suspension in the same manner as Robin Williams but am not sure if I've conceptualized it correctly. Do I sling the belt over to the one side of the door, tie it to the door knob and have the slipknot on the other side of the door where I put it over my neck, close the door to wedge the belt in tightly and then sit and let gravity take over? Am also thinking of taking sleeping pills just beforehand so that I don't struggle. Thoughts? (Sorry for the bad drawing) 0001

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and kingkong57
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Jumping is no longer an option for me, but this may be, but how the hell does all this stuff work? I would need to be in my own home, but how do you tie one end to a bar or over a door and the other with the noose?
Its something I want to research more, but I have a month to do this in.....

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
I am planning to rent a hotel room and go out with partial suspension in the same manner as Robin Williams but am not sure if I've conceptualized it correctly. Do I sling the belt over to the one side of the door, tie it to the door knob and have the slipknot on the other side of the door where I put it over my neck, close the door to wedge the belt in tightly and then sit and let gravity take over? Am also thinking of taking sleeping pills just beforehand so that I don't struggle. Thoughts? (Sorry for the bad drawing)View attachment 75703

Jumping is no longer an option for me, but this may be, but how the hell does all this stuff work? I would need to be in my own home, but how do you tie one end to a bar or over a door and the other with the noose?
Its something I want to research more, but I have a month to do this in.....
I've worked my way through every page of this thread and the common consensus seems to be that everyone is different and the best way to find out what works for you is to practice. Personally I found that standing (or crouching on all fours) and leaning forwards is the best way to get the carotid artery and send me quickly to unconsciousness. When I tried a vertical position with my back to the door, it just felt like I was choking or suffocating.

Reactions: tonytwist007 and Soulless Angel
S

spinningharmonica

Sep 2, 2021

I love you all. <3
Something like this?
Should the material be considered?

Reactions: WonderingSoul and Buried_Kid
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Urgh, just tried three times and each time I backed out just as the world was turning upside down and going dark. So pissed off with myself.

AnotherTragicName

AnotherTragicName

Sep 10, 2021
Urgh, just tried three times and each time I backed out just as the world was turning upside down and going dark. So pissed off with myself.
Isn't blacking out what you should aim for? What happened?

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020

Waht you pissed off about, isn't blacking out the point of this part

Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
Yeah, I backed out just as I began to black out. Still got things to sort before I end things and couldn't bring myself to go for it regardless.

• Wow
Reactions: Hotsackage and hlynn95
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I've worked my way through every page of this thread and the common consensus seems to be that everyone is different and the best way to find out what works for you is to practice. Personally I found that standing (or crouching on all fours) and leaning forwards is the best way to get the carotid artery and send me quickly to unconsciousness. When I tried a vertical position with my back to the door, it just felt like I was choking or suffocating.

if you are on a door, do you have a round door nob, I am in the UK we have stupid door handles,

Attachments

• 4trade-victorian-lever-lock-handle-satin-nickel_GPID_1000610408_IMG_00.jpeg
    4trade-victorian-lever-lock-handle-satin-nickel_GPID_1000610408_IMG_00.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 3
Ash

Ash

What dreams may come?
Oct 4, 2021
if you are on a door, do you have a round door nob, I am in the UK we have stupid door handles,
I feed the (flat) rope through the door and wedge it with a big knot, stand up straight with my back and feet against the door and then lean forwards keeping my chin up and back straight. World starts to go dark in 4-5 seconds. No pain.

Reactions: tonytwist007
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I feed the (flat) rope through the door and wedge it with a big knot, stand up straight with my back and feet against the door and then lean forwards keeping my chin up and back straight. World starts to go dark in 4-5 seconds. No pain.

I am stoopid I didnt think of this....
rfhis is whyt i am only now researching this option!
PS I haz rum, nothing makes sense now

Reactions: Ash
T

ttr

Oct 13, 2021
Is there a trick to getting the rope to cut off the blood circulation to the arteries without crushing the throat in the front?

Edit: also if there is a way to search threads please let me know TY.

Last edited:
hlynn95

hlynn95

Anxious Loner
Oct 2, 2021
I have considered hanging but I don't know how to tie a noose ! And I'm scared it'll be painful. I think carbon monoxide would be a more peaceful way to go, but how do I get that? Burn a charcoal grill in an enclosed space? Hmm Nervous to do all this alone... need a suicidal partner to help ease our anxieties and fears.

• Hugs
Reactions: readysteady and patheticpartner
callme

callme

I'm a loose cannon - I bang all the time.
Aug 15, 2021
I have considered hanging but I don't know how to tie a noose ! And I'm scared it'll be painful. I think carbon monoxide would be a more peaceful way to go, but how do I get that? Burn a charcoal grill in an enclosed space? Hmm Nervous to do all this alone... need a suicidal partner to help ease our anxieties and fears.
Do you know we have a Partners thread here? Many people you can choose from. I know how it comes across, but with looks like yours, you can get people messaging you more than usual, pretty fast :wink:

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: patheticpartner and hlynn95
hlynn95

hlynn95

Anxious Loner
Oct 2, 2021
Do you know we have a Partners thread here? Many people you can choose from. I know how it comes across, but with looks like yours, you can get people messaging you more than usual, pretty fast :wink:
Where's that thread ?!?!?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
kingkong57

kingkong57

May 24, 2021
Is there a trick to getting the rope to cut off the blood circulation to the arteries without crushing the throat in the front?

Edit: also if there is a way to search threads please let me know TY.
Yes and yes I will pm you

• Hugs
T

ttr

Oct 13, 2021
Yes and yes I will pm you
I'm not sure how to reply to the comment you left of on my profile and it doesn't let me view yours. IDK if I'm blind or something but the only search icon I can see is on my own profile. And if you have any insight on the "trick" to cut off the blood circulation to the arteries without crushing the throat in the front that would be really helpful. TY

• Hugs