• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

laas

laas

pills against pain
Apr 26, 2023
Maybe search for something else that is like drawing. You could design some things ore maybe try out an music instrument.

glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
literally people gave you advice on how to give up on this dream, I even gave you an advice on it. go back and read what people said. just compare yourself to other people so little by little you will lose interest and give up. so how was that not helpful? it's okay if you just want to vent about it but asking for advice then coming with a million excuse for how you can't follow this advice or how "people aren't listening" I dunno where you live but you 100% could donate the table to someone who can use it or learn from it. Orphanage was just an example. everything can be donated especially if it have value of learning.

there isn't an advice where it make you magically get over this dream. I feel like that's what you want but it sadly won't happen. everyone gave you every advice imaginable but somehow they are all bad and it caused you to be rude and say people aren't listening. if you want to vent and want people to support you on how you feel, that's totally okay but don't ask for advice then be rude to people who give you the advice

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
Maybe search for something else that is like drawing. You could design some things ore maybe try out an music instrument.
I don't have any creativity. I used to play clarinet when I was in middle and high school, but I was really bad at it.

M

macrocosm

Apr 3, 2023
It's absolutely obsessive. I've never felt this way about any other activity.

Therapy just doesn't work for me.

I also don't want to be an artist; I want to give up on my dream of being an artist.
There are options for obsessive behaviors, not sure what they are though exactly. Some types of meds might help.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
literally people gave you advice on how to give up on this dream, I even gave you an advice on it. go back and read what people said. just compare yourself to other people so little by little you will lose interest and give up. so how was that not helpful? it's okay if you just want to vent about it but asking for advice then coming with a million excuse for how you can't follow this advice or how "people aren't listening" I dunno where you live but you 100% could donate the table to someone who can use it or learn from it. Orphanage was just an example. everything can be donated especially if it have value of learning.

there isn't an advice where it make you magically get over this dream. I feel like that's what you want but it sadly won't happen. everyone gave you every advice imaginable but somehow they are all bad and it caused you to be rude and say people aren't listening. if you want to vent and want people to support you on how you feel, that's totally okay but don't ask for advice then be rude to people who give you the advice
Your advice isn't helpful because I've tried that, and it didn't work. Comparing myself to others doesn't work because my desire to draw has nothing to do with wanting to be good. It's about wanting to be able to create, which I can't do since I completely lack creativity

Most of this "advice" is on how to be an artist, not how to give up on art. That's why I say that people aren't listening. They're doing the opposite of what I asked for. If it's rude for me to tell people that they're not helping when they've actively made the problem worse, then that's not really my problem.

There is nowhere in my area where things can be donated. I live in a rural area that doesn't have shit. Donating is out of the question because it's not possible and won't give any closure.
Okay so you obviously have to replace it maybe try gaming or something like this
The problem is that I can't replace it. Playing games, watching anime, reading manga, it all makes me want to draw. There's nothing to replace it with.

Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Pots and kettles.

Most people in this thread have been missing the point and giving unhelpful advice that wasn't asked for. I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't see how else I'm supposed to react to people doing the exact opposite of what I asked for.

Telling someone on a suicide forum to "get over it" is very uncalled for, and you're not even the first to do it in this thread, yet I'm made out to be a villain while others play the victim.
Idk. Maybe you should get over it.

Suicidal? "Get over it"
Drug problem? "Get over it"
Trauma? "Get over it"
Poor? "Get over it"
Attachments? "Get over it"
Mentally ill? "Get over it"
No dad? "Get over it"

Seems like pretty solid logic to me. 🤷‍♂️
Your advice isn't helpful because I've tried that, and it didn't work. Comparing myself to others doesn't work because my desire to draw has nothing to do with wanting to be good. It's about wanting to be able to create, which I can't do since I completely lack creativity

Most of this "advice" is on how to be an artist, not how to give up on art. That's why I say that people aren't listening. They're doing the opposite of what I asked for. If it's rude for me to tell people that they're not helping when they've actively made the problem worse, then that's not really my problem.

There is nowhere in my area where things can be donated. I live in a rural area that doesn't have shit. Donating is out of the question because it's not possible and won't give any closure.

The problem is that I can't replace it. Playing games, watching anime, reading manga, it all makes me want to draw. There's nothing to replace it with.
Art exists everywhere. It's the unfortunate truth. Even in reality one might feel compulsion to draw a sunset etc.

Your suffering from this compulsion, and desire to avoid feeling such suffering is 100000% understandable. Unfortunately, since it's a mental battle, it's going to be incredibly difficult and the steps to reach require you to subvert your mind to not think how it currently is.

That being said, aside from negative reinforcement, heavy repression, or being drugged out 24/7(which you should absolutely not do), I'm not sure how to solve this. I don't believe in hypnosis really but maybe worth a shot? If you have the funds it can't hurt.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: borderline-feline
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
I dream of being an artist, and I need to give up on my dream. I'm not capable of learning to draw, and I have zero creativity, so I have no hope of ever fulfilling that worthless dream.

How do I stop wanting to draw? How do I force myself to accept reality?
I'm an artist. I'm also going to ctb. I'm not giving up on my dream. I'm doing it now, as we speak. I may not make a lot of money. I don't want to be famous. I'm doing it because it's in me. I have to. That's a signature of whatever created me. I'm taking that love of art and my talents with me. I'm going to express myself even if it's just to myself. I have to live it. I'm not suggesting you do the same, but I will say that it's tough to kill a part of you that is TRULY a part of you.

borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Dec 28, 2022
I'm an artist. I'm also going to ctb. I'm not giving up on my dream. I'm doing it now, as we speak. I may not make a lot of money. I don't want to be famous. I'm doing it because it's in me. I have to. That's a signature of whatever created me. I'm taking that love of art and my talents with me. I'm going to express myself even if it's just to myself. I have to live it. I'm not suggesting you do the same, but I will say that it's tough to kill a part of you that is TRULY a part of you.
I don't know if it's even part of me. I don't even know what parts there are to me.
There are options for obsessive behaviors, not sure what they are though exactly. Some types of meds might help.
I have OCD, and I'm medicated for it, but even those obsessions can only be dealt with so much through medication. That's why I'm always sure to do my compulsions whenever I need to.

limerent

limerent

Jun 28, 2023
Taking out your garbage doesn't make you a garbageman. same goes for art, drawing doesn't make you a professional artist. ppl understand that it is a passion that you have and are unable to assist with diminishing it because it feels like assisting with offing one's self (which is against the rules here as i recall), nobody really wants to help kill a life even with how miserable theirs might be. they sure hope it is peaceful tho no matter the method. if you want to really give up on being an artist then i'd say you'd have to really get deep into understanding the world of art to understand how small of a speck you might be compared to the goliaths of the industry and how far of a road might be ahead of you no matter what talent you posses. you said you are literally bad at everything you try even art but its the only one you can't let go of. maybe it is because of your media consumption/music/video games you do. which is very wonderful and soul soothing. making you want to contribute to it in return. something which makes you feel happy and belonging. so you might want to convert these emotions or obsessive thoughts into another way of expressing it like taking screenshots of pretty scenery from those videogames/animes that connect with you and keep them close to you. feel free to correct me.

Reactions: borderline-feline
S

sancsuinet

<|:)
Apr 11, 2023
You don't have to draw to be an artist, find another way. Go abstract, throw some paint around and see what sticks :) If Tracy Emin can win awards for an unmade bed, I'm sure you can find some art form you are good at. Don't give up your dream, if you still have a dream then you still have a chance at life.
funny to see tracey emin mentioned, one of my favourite artists! but yeah! there are many ways to be an artist, they have a very negative view on art. but this is not what you asked.

post your art to somewhere fuckin ruthless and annoying like on an unrelated reddit post, people will fight their way to insult your art, the more genuine you seem in posting it the more theyll hate it. if you need negative reinforcement thats what id do.