G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Have you actually got a physical illness?
The thing with psychiatric care is once the wheels are in motion as it were, it's not something that you are in control of any more. If that makes sense? If they decide you don't have "capacity" you could end up with a very unwelcome longer stay!

No, but there has to be some pills I could take or something I could do that would make me physically ill?

Reactions: sif, therhydler and Deafsn0w
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Thats a dificult one because of the quickness of tests coming back showing whats wrong or that your ok.

I don't want to fake it, I want to be ill, I just need to know how

Reactions: therhydler and Deafsn0w
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
In my experience, it's easier to get into Area 51 than it is to get a bed in hospital here.

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Letmego. Please and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
No, but there has to be some pills I could take or something I could do that would make me physically ill?

Oh crumbs; the trouble is if you take pills that would count as a "poisoning" and that would then involve a psychiatric evaluation - which could take anything up to a couple of days. Then they could "section" you

G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
No one here is at all judgemental and would not misinterpret your situation. It's just tricky to know how to help in the sense that if you don't know if someone is trying to get treatment for an illness or trying to stay in a psychiatric ward.

I'm not ill but I want to become ill enough to stay in the hospital, whatever ward

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I'm not ill but I want to become ill enough to stay in the hospital, whatever ward

Do you have a sick relative you want to be near in the hospital? Or are you afraid of going home? There are places that can help you x

G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Do you have a sick relative you want to be near in the hospital? Or are you afraid of going home? There are places that can help you x

None of those, there aren't places to help because I caused the problem and the only way to fix it is to go to the hospital

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
None of those, there aren't places to help because I caused the problem and the only way to fix it is to go to the hospital

The trouble is the only way for you to get to hospital, if you don't have an illness, is to fake one
And hospitals are so clued up about mental health these days they will straight away know something is not right and you will be investigated by a psychiatric team.
Or, even more difficult, a social worker

Reactions: sif, therhydler, Deafsn0w and 2 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@Shewaitsforme i know you've been incredibly kind and helpful to the OP but I don't think there's a way to pretend to be ill and get to hospital and not end up in psychiatrist care, is there? Perhaps the police could help?

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Get a nice pot or frying pan, beat yourself over the head with it. Go to hospital, tell them you fell, and you have a stiff neck. They'll take you in and give you a Cat Scan, and then hopefully leave you overnight for observation. All depends on if there are any beds available.

Reactions: sif, Egddios, therhydler and 4 others
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
My troll alarm is ringing!

Reactions: sif, Thewhowithin69, therhydler and 4 others
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Get a nice pot or frying pan, beat yourself over the head with it. Go to hospital, tell them you fell, and you have a stiff neck. They'll take you in and give you a Cat Scan, and then hopefully leave you overnight for observation. All depends on if there are any beds available.

Surely it would be easier to actually fall from a non fatal height?

Xerxes

Xerxes

Invisible
Nov 8, 2018
Hey, I don't care how you do it, that's how I ended up overnight for observation due to concussion symptoms.

Reactions: therhydler, Deafsn0w and Johnnythefox
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Do you need to be admitted or just be there in the facility overnight? And why would help. As many people have said its gonna be very difficult to guarantee a single overnight stay. Not many people are admitted for one night only and planning for that to happen is very unlikely to pan out. As busy as most A&E/ERs are if you go late at night you will probably be there all night between waiting in the reception and waiting in the room for doctors and tests etc.,,but checking in somehow and being admitted to a service for a single night is just not something you can just "make" happen and rarely happens legitimately either. If you could be more specific as to what you actually need people might be able to be more helpful. There might be a better way to solve your need because it sounds a bit weird like you just want access to something in the hospital...if thats true you may be able to get it somewhere else.

I just need to be there overnight, I don't mind waiting in A&E or staying multiple nights but I need to be there for at least 1 night

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w and therhydler
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Stick something up your rectum large enough you can't get it out.
Give yourself severe food poisoning
Cut off a finger
Impail your arm or leg
Severe concussion
Induce a seizure with a high dose of tramadol, bupropion, diphenhydramine
Take a ton of sleeping pills and tell them a stranger at a bar spiked your drink

Reactions: sif, Egddios, Deafsn0w and 4 others
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
Stick something up your rectum large enough you can't get it out.
Give yourself severe food poisoning
Cut off a finger
Impail your arm or leg
Severe concussion
Induce a seizure with a high dose of tramadol, bupropion, diphenhydramine
Take a ton of sleeping pills and tell them a stranger at a bar spiked your drink

I have piriton (chlorphenamine maleate) would that work? Also how can I give myself severe concussion?

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w and therhydler
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
chlorphenamine isn't likely to induce a seizure. Something which elevates serotonin easiest option.
As for concussion, bash yourself in the head... blunt force... e.g. swinging door.

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, therhydler and 1 other person
J

jumprope

Jan 8, 2019
This thread is so curious. Did you find a way to stay inpatient, OP? Are you still looking?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, TheCrow and Johnnythefox
Crimsonskye

Crimsonskye

Aug 28, 2018
Sorry if this isn't the right place for this question. I need to be hospitalised tomorrow night, I don't want to ctb yet but I just need to be sick enough to spend a night in hospital. Any advice is welcome.
You can go to A&E if you feel suicidal

Reactions: Deafsn0w and Johnnythefox
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
This thread is so curious. Did you find a way to stay inpatient, OP? Are you still looking?

No I didn't, I'm still looking. I think I might go with the psych ward even though that could be more than 1 night

Reactions: Deafsn0w
G

Gottahavefaithx

Jul 31, 2018
I'm feeling like OP wants something he thinks he can only get in the hospital. Some drug or equipment. I might be wrong but the evasiveness and specific need to be there overnight (opportunity) sent my mind here first. If he would say what he needs there might be a simpler way or alternative. There is no way hurting or making yourself sick just to try and get admitted is going to go well. This stuff is hard enough without adding unneeded complications.

No that's not it, I'm not in the business of stealing from a hospital, I just needed to spend the night there for other reasons

Reactions: sif and Deafsn0w
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
I've been curious about this too I miss some friends who told me to go to the hospital for my mood swings and cough syrup use before they talk to me again but I'm scared and also don't wanna take up beds either awuhrr *curls up a bit weakly* ♥️

Reactions: Deafsn0w, Gottahavefaithx and Johnnythefox
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I've been curious about this too I miss some friends who told me to go to the hospital for my mood swings and cough syrup use before they talk to me again but I'm scared and also don't wanna take up beds either awuhrr *curls up a bit weakly* ♥️

Awww @BlackDragonof1989 ❤️Xxx

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, TheCrow and 1 other person
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
Awww @BlackDragonof1989 ❤️Xxx
Awuhrr thank you *hops up in your lap a bit weakly* Sorry taking some beadryl and Epsom salt bath to calm for bed thank you sorry I get so roleplay ♥️

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w and TheCrow
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Awuhrr thank you *hops up in your lap a bit weakly* Sorry taking some beadryl and Epsom salt bath to calm for bed thank you sorry I get so roleplay ♥️

You are the only other person on here I've noticed who does that with the *
Love it!
Hope you get some decent sleep xx

Reactions: Deafsn0w, TheCrow and BlackDragonof1989
BlackDragonof1989

BlackDragonof1989

Mage
Jul 12, 2018
You are the only other person on here I've noticed who does that with the *
Love it!
Hope you get some decent sleep xx
Aw thanks sometimes I wish I wasn't always so emoty but it takes all kinds just as I don't cross the lines look out it's the new bombaman lmao that 90s game sorry a bit manic tonight aw same to you hug get some good sleep please ♥️

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w and TheCrow
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Aw thanks sometimes I wish I wasn't always so emoty but it takes all kinds just as I don't cross the lines look out it's the new bombaman lmao that 90s game sorry a bit manic tonight aw same to you hug get some good sleep please ♥️

Morning here in good old rainy England:-)

Reactions: sif, Deafsn0w, TheCrow and 1 other person