OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Why do you think so?
I read some of your posts, you're just sad you're not living a normie life without realizing how stupid and evil (children part) that is. If you think about it more, you might understand you're blessed for not being one of those zombies.

O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
I read some of your posts, you're just sad you're not living a normie life without realizing how stupid and evil (children part) that is. If you think about it more, you might understand you're blessed for not being one of those zombies.
I don't think there is something wrong with a normie life. Zombies, yeah, maybe.. but at least these "zombies" are Not so much in pain as we all are here. That's more of a blessing to me

Reactions: Rocinante and cogmachine
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I don't think there is something wrong with a normie life. Zombies, yeah, maybe.. but at least these "zombies" are Not so much in pain as we all are here. That's more of a blessing to me
They are responsible for continuing all the meaningless suffering on the planet.. and they still suffer themselves (accidents, diseases). They get used up by life, procreate, age and die without understanding what happened.
It's what the system wants us to be, there's pressure from the society to conform, but it's not good for us or anybody else.

Reactions: Skathon
O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
They are responsible for continuing all the meaningless suffering on the planet.. and they still suffer themselves (accidents, diseases). They get used up by life, procreate, age and die without understanding what happened.
It's what the system wants us to be, there's pressure from the society to conform, but it's not good for us or anybody else.
Accidents and diseases and other strokes of fate a part of life. And they cause pain, yes. And there are certainly a lot of things to criticize in society.
We as humans are biologically social creatures—so "conforming" is what we're supposed to do at least to the extend of our inner circles.

Again, there is a lot to criticize about it, and a lot of abuse due to distribution of "power".

But what's the alternative? No humans at all? Better for whom, then?

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
But what's the alternative? No humans at all? Better for whom, then?

Better for humans, there are no needs in non-existence.

When we create people, there will always be somebody who gets the short end of the stick. You didn't get your 'normal' dream, but that's probably not bad enough as you continue to defend existence. Some people will have it very bad, like war or natural disaster victims. You can find plenty of specific gruesome examples.

As long as we create children (and this can only be done without prior consent) - some will be abused in worst possible ways. So ceasing to exist as species to prevent the worst that can happen to people seems like a small price to pay. You may like some things about life, but would you not be willing to give them up so no child suffers ever again?

O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
Better for humans, there are no needs in non-existence.

When we create people, there will always be somebody who gets the short end of the stick. You didn't get your 'normal' dream, but that's probably not bad enough as you continue to defend existence. Some people will have it very bad, like war or natural disaster victims. You can find plenty of specific gruesome examples.

As long as we create children (and this can only be done without prior consent) - some will be abused in worst possible ways. So ceasing to exist as species to prevent the worst that can happen to people seems like a small price to pay. You may like some things about life, but would you not be willing to give them up so no child suffers ever again?
I see where you are going. Ceasing to exist would end suffering, sure. Following the same logic, all species should cease to exist. Sure, animals don't start wars, but they endure pain, too (disease and accidents as you mentioned for example). All what would be left would be a pain free planet with just inorganic stuff left. What's the point then?

And the vast majority of people enjoy life.

And call me selfish but if I had the choice to either enjoy life or give up the joys of life to render this planet an empty space in some unforseeable future in which humans come to the conclusion that ceasing to exist is the best option, then I would choose not to give up enjoyable pleasures.

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
I see where you are going. Ceasing to exist would end suffering, sure. Following the same logic, all species should cease to exist. Sure, animals don't start wars, but they endure pain, too (disease and accidents as you mentioned for example). All what would be left would be a pain free planet with just inorganic stuff left. What's the point then?
Of course, if humans had any sense they'd be already developing an ethical way to end all life. The point is that this is our obligation since we are able to recognise the evil that is going on here and do something about it. Animals would be better off for not having to take part in food chains, where they have to eat others or get eaten.
And the vast majority of people enjoy life.
Yes, this is the clueless zombies we have already discussed.

And call me selfish but if I had the choice to either enjoy life or give up the joys of life to render this planet an empty space in some unforseeable future in which humans come to the conclusion that ceasing to exist is the best option, then I would choose not to give up enjoyable pleasures.
You can, as long as you exist, take risks and seek pleasures, my point was not creating more people as we have no right to gamble with their lives when we know some of them will go through the worst.

O

orca87

Mage
Mar 22, 2023
Of course, if humans had any sense they'd be already developing an ethical way to end all life. The point is that this is our obligation since we are able to recognise the evil that is going on here and do something about it. Animals would be better off for not having to take part in food chains, where they have to eat others or get eaten.

Yes, this is the clueless zombies we have already discussed.

You can, as long as you exist, take risks and seek pleasures, my point was not creating more people as we have no right to gamble with their lives when we know some of them will go through the worst.
I don't think we come to a conclusion here.

Anyway, I hope that you'll find your relief from pain in the way you desire!

OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
Find solace in the fact that your current condition is much more useful to the world than what it would be had you developed into a zombie.
And I wish people didn't need to experience something awful themselves to recognize how evil this world is.

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
That can certainly happen. Men with autism sometimes succeed at wildly overcompensating and feature routinely on billionaires lists, too, while people of both genders sometimes turn historical abuse into a powerful motivational drive towards material success. It's certainly challenging to accurately summarise the complex and diverse issues that boil down to universal suffering.
Yeah, the long-term effects of the child abuse depends on a lot of factors like the number of abusers, their relationship with the abusers, how many types of abuse they experienced, their age, how long the abuse went on for, how often it occurred and how it was dealt with. But I think I worded my comment poorly, I was trying to say that women of any status can end up in abusive situations or relationships.

Trauma bonding once again mentioned? I almost can't believe it. Almost.

I read a study suggesting that a random sampling of women preferred the voices of men who had the dark triad personality so it might not be based on childhood abuse. I can't find the study anymore...so perhaps I have vivid hallucinations or confuse dreams with reality. Or maybe that study does exist.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon, Disappointered and Pluto
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yeah, the long-term effects of the child abuse depends on a lot of factors like the number of abusers, their relationship with the abusers, how many types of abuse they experienced, their age, how long the abuse went on for, how often it occurred and how it was dealt with. But I think I worded my comment poorly, I was trying to say that women of any status can end up in abusive situations or relationships.

Thanks, I was already well aware of this.

starrvingstar

starrvingstar

suicidal anorexic
Apr 9, 2023
i only work part time but the majority of the guys i do work with are sub4 as long as you get the job done people aren't judging all no ones out to get you for your appearance or thinking about it at all

N

NorthernMonkey

Student
Apr 6, 2023
I can't say looks don't matter, because they do. Beautiful people seem to sail through life with ease. But most people aren't beautiful, most are what these stupid scales would deem average at best. However you look, you can make the best of yourself, go to the gym, get fit, care for your skin and hair etc. But let's face it when you are depressed all of that is so much easier said than done. I think this site should make a dating section, so many males and females on here are so depressed about the way they look and thinking they will never meet anyone. There should be a Sasu matchmaking service :) To the guys, honestly girls aren't only into looks. Maybe when you are really young but as we all mature other things become so much more important. If you can meet someone, find a common interest and get chatting, you can develop feelings without ever seeing that person. And if you do meet up, it's amazing how people become more and more attractive to you the more you get to know them. Everyone here already has things in common so you never know, your true love, or even better, an amazing friend, could be right under your nose :)

A

AVRG

May 1, 2023
I honestly believe that anyone unless your severely disfigured can be at least a 7 if they get in shape, find a hairstyle that fits them, and dresses well.

Reactions: PurpleParadigm
glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
when it comes to jobs where your brain matters. the appearance wouldn't matter, I mean look at people who work in IT. they aren't exactly beautiful or average but they got hired cause they are smart and worked on their education, your appearance dont matter in jobs, what matters is whats ur education, experience, skills and how you carry yourself. you have to fake being confident in your work. you can't expect to get a job without what I mentioned. my co-worker still got his job and I'll say he is under 4 too, you know why he got it? he is smart and worked really hard on his skills.

I do agree though with the friendship, dating and social aspects. that goes for girls too, if you are fat and ugly no one will wants you and if they do, they will use you for a night then discard you like trash.

PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
I work in tech, more specifically cyber security. Plenty of people here are not conventionally attractive, you could even call them complete weirdos but carry themselves well, which is what's charming. They seem to have families and friends, as well as their careers just fine.

Generally societies tend to do worse when there is a surplus of men, that is true. Sadly we are completely disposable. However, the root cause behind these sorts of sentiments like OP's is anxiety and depression - which are things that men are often not taught how to deal with. I'm sure even many of the men you would call attractive, if approached, would tell you they hated themselves at some point in time, even still do, just managed to power through it somehow.

Reactions: Ambivalent1
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Unattractive people are the norm. They have families and jobs too

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Unattractive women should be barred from reproducing
I've been attracted to women others weren't. Attractiveness is subjective.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
I've been attracted to women others weren't. Attractiveness is subjective.
Attractiveness is subjective to an extent. I.e. I prefer blondes as opposed to brunettes.

Reactions: dödsängel
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Attractiveness is subjective to an extent. I.e. I prefer blondes as opposed to brunettes.
I like tan blondes. Pale blondes look ordinary.

Reactions: Rocinante
Tired_only

Tired_only

Tired
Sep 22, 2021
I work in tech, more specifically cyber security. Plenty of people here are not conventionally attractive, you could even call them complete weirdos but carry themselves well, which is what's charming. They seem to have families and friends, as well as their careers just fine.

Generally societies tend to do worse when there is a surplus of men, that is true. Sadly we are completely disposable. However, the root cause behind these sorts of sentiments like OP's is anxiety and depression - which are things that men are often not taught how to deal with. I'm sure even many of the men you would call attractive, if approached, would tell you they hated themselves at some point in time, even still do, just managed to power through it somehow.
But you think women were somehow magically taught how to deal with anxiety and depression?? No. We teach ourselves. And unfortunately alot of us can't deal with it. This is where u get the suicide attempts/successes from.
when it comes to jobs where your brain matters. the appearance wouldn't matter, I mean look at people who work in IT. they aren't exactly beautiful or average but they got hired cause they are smart and worked on their education, your appearance dont matter in jobs, what matters is whats ur education, experience, skills and how you carry yourself. you have to fake being confident in your work. you can't expect to get a job without what I mentioned. my co-worker still got his job and I'll say he is under 4 too, you know why he got it? he is smart and worked really hard on his skills.

I do agree though with the friendship, dating and social aspects. that goes for girls too, if you are fat and ugly no one will wants you and if they do, they will use you for a night then discard you like trash.
Not fat. Just ugly. Or not even ugly, just not considered the white western beauty norm.

Tired_only

Tired_only

Tired
Sep 22, 2021
I honestly believe that anyone unless your severely disfigured can be at least a 7 if they get in shape, find a hairstyle that fits them, and dresses well.
Lol try having all that and still being ignored and the European/lighter skin beauty standard being picked over you. Every. Single. Time.

dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
Lol try having all that and still being ignored and the European/lighter skin beauty standard being picked over you. Every. Single. Time.
Yeah if I'm being honest I can't find anyone with dark skin attractive. Maybe I can recognize that she would look good objectively, but it's just not attractive to me personally. No matter how perfect the facial features are.

Reactions: sserafim and Rocinante
PurpleParadigm

PurpleParadigm

The glow is an illusion
Mar 22, 2023
But you think women were somehow magically taught how to deal with anxiety and depression?? No. We teach ourselves. And unfortunately alot of us can't deal with it. This is where u get the suicide attempts/successes from.
What do women have to do with any of this? The thread is about mens experiences and I'm talking about mens experiences. It's undeniably true that all around the world, even in most progressive countries men face some version of "just man up and deal with it" in responses to any kind of hardship, as if it's some kind of panacea for anyone with a dick. It's not. Look at the absolute canyon between suicide rates between men and women. Inb4 "muh attempts", attempts are hard to quantify especially when men are told not to talk about it, not to seek help, or may be prevented from seeking help/forced to lie - men don't do it for attention because the attention won't be given.

15390.jpeg

Last edited:
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Yeah if I'm being honest I can't find anyone with dark skin attractive. Maybe I can recognize that she would look good objectively, but it's just not attractive to me personally. No matter how perfect the facial features are.
Crazy how far colouring can carry looks. She would be ordinary if not for blonde hair blue eyes

Reactions: dödsängel
dödsängel

dödsängel

Mar 15, 2023
Crazy how far colouring can carry looks. She would be ordinary if not for blonde hair blue eyes

Yeah there was one girl who I rejected in school. But looking back, she actually had really good bone structure and I would've gladly accepted if she had better coloring. But because she had really dark skin and black hair and eyes, I just felt nothing.

• Wow
Reactions: sserafim and Rocinante