• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

eaturdirt

eaturdirt

Lonely girl
Apr 14, 2024
It's hard to really keep a connection with anyone but even when I try really hard, I still can't find that friendship I'm really looking for. The only person that really 'saw' me is my narcissistic ex. I'm so scared that I'll never find a connection like that again. I want to be liked and loved so badly :((

Z

zeecen

Mar 30, 2024
Got any hobbies? Maybe there's a way to make connections through them? That's the most successful way I've found.

eaturdirt

eaturdirt

Lonely girl
Apr 14, 2024
Got any hobbies? Maybe there's a way to make connections through them? That's the most successful way I've found.
I really liked to do art and actually got into art school but I dropped out because of my depression, the time I was there I felt really alone too. It's hard.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
I really liked to do art and actually got into art school but I dropped out because of my depression, the time I was there I felt really alone too. It's hard.
Shame, do you still do it? I like making art also- I never got to go to art school when I was young, so I started studying it later on my own. Sometimes it is difficult to bond with others, I'm pretty much same at the moment.

Last edited:
pleaseiwanttogo

pleaseiwanttogo

I looked everywhere for peace
Sep 11, 2023
Hey, I relate to only feeling seen by exes, mine were the only people who seemed to understand me and I believed that could only happen in romantic relationships, nowadays I'm trying to take more care of myself and build real friendships, but it's hard lol. Anyways, if you want to talk you can dm me. Best of luck to you!!

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
I'm on the same boat, actually made a thread in Recovery about how to make friends as an adult. One of the members suggested using the App Boo, which I've been using and it's actually much better than Bumble BFF.

I have been trying to make friends for more than a year through apps but no luck. I also do art, I like painting.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
same.

I've always had a hard time getting close to people and being vulnerable due to abandonment issues.

It's also hard to find people nowadays who you vibe with but also understand and can shoulder some of your problems. most people nowadays drain me.

I feel invisible and unseen, even in rooms full of people. It's hard to deal with all of our mess alone. can't help but wonder how it'd feel to have someone who cares and to feel wanted for once.

OCDsufferer

OCDsufferer

no longer human
Apr 17, 2024
It's hard to really keep a connection with anyone but even when I try really hard, I still can't find that friendship I'm really looking for. The only person that really 'saw' me is my narcissistic ex. I'm so scared that I'll never find a connection like that again. I want to be liked and loved so badly :((
I'm the same. Being autistic doesn't help I think I put people off. I try to connect with people by talking about what they like and what we have in common, and it works until they see what I like and then I'm boring to them or off-putting.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpal
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Me too, idk how to make friendships because im way too shy to talk. And most friends i had i dont really talk to anymore. Having autism doesnt help aswell. Even though i really wanted to i never could :(

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
eaturdirt

eaturdirt

Lonely girl
Apr 14, 2024
Hey, I relate to only feeling seen by exes, mine were the only people who seemed to understand me and I believed that could only happen in romantic relationships, nowadays I'm trying to take more care of myself and build real friendships, but it's hard lol. Anyways, if you want to talk you can dm me. Best of luck to you!!
I don't think I can dm you yet sadly :(( i feel that though but I'm too tired to even try making friends, that's why I'm kind of looking for internet friends.
I'm the same. Being autistic doesn't help I think I put people off. I try to connect with people by talking about what they like and what we have in common, and it works until they see what I like and then I'm boring to them or off-putting.
I'm autistic too. What are your interests? I also like off putting things