F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I very much relate it sucks to be the person who wasn't able to fully self actualize. Very painful. I feel like a total loser in life :I :ehh:;-; Happy birthday:happy: this last birthday on March 27th was the worst for me. With the lockdown it was like a total non event, almost forgot it was even my B-day. I spent it alone in a tiny town. Pretty gay:meh:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Epsilon0 and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I very much relate it sucks to be the person who wasn't able to fully self actualize. Very painful. I feel like a total loser in life :I :ehh:;-; Happy birthday:happy: this last birthday on March 27th was the worst for me. With the lockdown it was like a total non event, almost forgot it was even my B-day. I spent it alone in a tiny town. Pretty gay:meh:

A thousand hugs to you, my sister in pain. :hug: I know there are many forum members who are in the same situation, yet the topic is almost never touched upon. People talk openly about isolation, bullying, child abuse, drug addiction, rape, and what have you, but not this. It's as if it was taboo. Be that as it may, if our situation doesn't change, we'll have to learn to live with it somehow. I haven't given up yet, and I hope you won't either. I can tell that you're strong, because I know you've been through a lot and you're still fighting. Take care of yourself.

Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Happy belated birthday!!! Hope it has gone well, I'm pretty much the same age and in the same situation regarding life. My Birthday was Feb24 but I kept it to myself because I was feeling so rough.

peace/hugs❤️

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, Epsilon0, Deleted member 1465 and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Happy belated birthday!!! Hope it has gone well, I'm pretty much the same age and in the same situation regarding life. My Birthday was Feb24 but I kept it to myself because I was feeling so rough.

peace/hugs❤

Another brother/sister in pain! Hugs to you! :hug: Birthdays aren't such a big problem for me, actually. I stopped caring about them long before my life went to hell. I find them a little bit pointless, to be honest. "Congratulations! Yet another year has passed and you managed to not die in an accident or by illness. Well done!"

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0, Nem and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I actually got my birthday wrong one year. I thought I was 38 and I was actually 37. My mum corrected me. Lol I got an extra year and could still day I was in my mid thirties.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager, Epsilon0 and Nem
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I actually got my birthday wrong one year. I thought I was 38 and I was actually 37. My mum corrected me. Lol I got an extra year and could still day I was in my mid thirties.

It happened the other way around for me once. One year I found out it was my birthday simply because I wrote a protocol and needed to know what date it was.

• Wow
Reactions: voyager, Epsilon0 and Deleted member 1465
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Is it weird that I feel no paranoia about birthdays or getting old in general?

In my youth I was always so hungry for love, friendship, self-fulfillment, career and other people's approval. I know now, looking back, that I was perfect the way I was, yet back then I could never be satisfied and always felt I wasn't enough.

I actually enjoy being older (I turn 39 this year) simply because I don't feel the need to please others or prove my worth. Of course, I have other problems now, but, I swear, it was so f***ing exhausting trying to please everybody, at least I can cross that off my list and feel grateful that bag of rocks is off my back.

PS:

Does anyone know this line from Pink Floyd?

Encumbered forever by desire and ambition. There's a hunger still unsatisfied.

• Hugs
Reactions: voyager and Sensei
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
When I was younger I made so much of an effort and chased the girls. They tended to run away. As I got older I cared less and made less effort. Then they became more interested. But I didn't care. Meh. Feck off irony.

Reactions: voyager, Sensei and Epsilon0
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Is it weird that I feel no paranoia about birthdays or getting old in general?

I'm the same. The only thing that bothers me is the increasing social pressure. That's not a small thing, though.

I actually enjoy being older (I turn 39 this year) simply because I don't feel the need to please others or prove my worth. Of course, I have other problems now, but, I swear, it was so f***ing exhausting trying to please everybody, at least I can cross that off my list and feel grateful that bag of rocks is off my back.

Older

• Love
Reactions: Epsilon0