Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
It is Kathy bates favorite writer James caan 31231433 1300x1733

Reactions: Lostandlooking, marcusuk63, Uh huh and 1 other person
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm a die-hard history buff so I can't help it. Here's yet another historical celebrity:

Celeb2

EDIT: This thread just reached 1,000 posts.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, Uh huh and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Could be just me but the jacket collar looks like a Russian or German military dress jacket to me.
I'm probably way off and it was just a cold day and hes got his winter coat on ha!

Reactions: Sensei and Uh huh
Uh huh

Uh huh

Wrong
Nov 10, 2020
Here's yet another historical celebrity:
Thanks for warning it's historical. Then it's a riddle for our intelligent guys. While I'll go to examine myself in the mirror to see if I have any wrinkles, since Studio's post about "aging terribly" still haunts me:mmm:

EDIT: This thread just reached 1,000 posts.
Amazing! We did it! Thank you again, @Sensei , for this wonderful thread. It really brings a lot of fun:heart:

• Love
Reactions: Soul, Studio84 and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Could be just me but the jacket collar looks like a Russian or German military dress jacket to me.
I'm probably way off and it was just a cold day and hes got his winter coat on ha!

You're on the right track actually.

Clue: He's much better known under his nickname than his real name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Uh huh and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
I'm not the best at these historical figures either so unless some of the intellectual guys @Uhhu speaks of gets us pointed in the right direction i'l be honest and say I'm completely stumped on this one

Reactions: Uh huh and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm not the best at these historical figures either so unless some of the intellectual guys @Uhhu speaks of gets us pointed in the right direction i'l be honest and say I'm completely stumped on this one

It's easier than you think. Clues:

1) He died 102 years ago.
2) The original photo is black-and-white, but I decided to colorize it.
3) He was a noble.

Reactions: Studio84 and Uh huh
Uh huh

Uh huh

Wrong
Nov 10, 2020
Clue: He's much better known under his nickname than his real name.
I was very curious to know who he is, so I cheated and did some search using this clue and found out that there is a German biopic about him, that I had watched. The movie has the same name as the nickname of this person, and it stars Til Schweiger, whom I once unsuccessfully posted here. I will not answer, but maybe this will help the fair players

Reactions: Disappointered, Studio84 and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I was very curious to know who he is, so I cheated and did some search using this clue and found out that there is a German biopic about him, that I had watched. The movie has the same name as the nickname of this person, and it stars Til Schweiger, whom I once unsuccessfully posted here. I will not answer, but maybe this will help the fair players

I had to check that out, and it looks like a good movie. I love German war movies for their realism, e.g. Das Boot and Der Untergang.

Another clue: the colour of the photo is part of his nickname.

• Love
Reactions: Studio84 and Uh huh
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
So I was closer than I originally thought when I first said it looked like a German military jacket. I would never have got it without so many clues.I kept thinking it was a German guy but the red tint in the photo kept making me think it was a hint towards it being a Russian guy.
Manfred von Richthofen?

• Love
Reactions: Sensei, Soul and Uh huh
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
So I was closer than I originally thought when I first said it looked like a German military jacket. I would never have got it without so many clues.I kept thinking it was a German guy but the red tint in the photo kept making me think it was a hint towards it being a Russian guy.
Manfred von Richthofen?

Yes, it's the Red Baron himself. Well done!

Red baron

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Uh huh and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
aw! are you reading my mind? I was going to make a riddle of young Magnum, too
Great minds think alike so the saying goes ha! So it looks like the baton has been passed onto you!

• Hugs
Reactions: Uh huh and Sensei
Uh huh

Uh huh

Wrong
Nov 10, 2020
Again, each picture refers to a movie in which this person starred. Most pictures display the title of the movie literally.

A

@marcusuk63 , I'm sorry I stole your idea, and sorry for doing it by primitive copy-paste, but not as artistic as you do

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul, marcusuk63, Sensei and 1 other person
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Again, each picture refers to a movie in which this person starred. Most pictures display the title of the movie literally.

View attachment 51949

@marcusuk63 , I'm sorry I stole your idea, and sorry for doing it by primitive copy-paste, but not as artistic as you do
I personally like the idea... I think it's a good way of mixing it up a little bit and keeps things fresh.I think you should do a few more in the future!

• Hugs
Reactions: marcusuk63, Sensei and Uh huh
Uh huh

Uh huh

Wrong
Nov 10, 2020
I personally like the idea... I think it's a good way of mixing it up a little bit and keeps things fresh.I think you should do a few more in the future!
Thanks! I am writing something in case you want to take a shot so that your new message does not stick to the previous one.

Reactions: Sensei and Studio84
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Gotta call it a day. Sleep well whenever night falls in your time zones.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Soul and Uh huh
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
Id like to attempt one like this myself but I only have my phone so question to @Uh huh do you paste them together before you add them to the post? I think I'd need to get an app for my phone
Gotta call it a day. Sleep well whenever night falls in your time zones.
No problem, goodnight.

Reactions: Sensei and Uh huh
Uh huh

Uh huh

Wrong
Nov 10, 2020
Id like to attempt one like this myself but I only have my phone so question to @Uh huh do you paste them together before you add them to the post? I think I'd need to get an app for my phone
Yep, I upload one merged file from my laptop
Doing it on phone may be tough :(
But you can just insert several pics or attachments one by one

UPD: Sweet dreams, @Sensei ! See ya soon

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei, marcusuk63 and Studio84
marcusuk63

marcusuk63

CTB
Mar 24, 2019

Believe me the program i use is as primitive as they come , i got it free with a printer well over 20 years ago , i have to run it in compatibility mode and some of the functions dont work but it's mostly cut and past i do but you can fade alter colour, shape, brightness , smudge etc , all very simple , photoshop is way beyond me I`s called Iphoto plus.

View attachment 51949

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: Uh huh, Sensei and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
This one may be tough so feel free to ask for clues.
he cant be a hollywood star , he hasn't had a hair transplant lol
He's not a typical Hollywood star, he's an author but one of his books has been made into a very well known Hollywood film

Reactions: Uh huh and marcusuk63
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Bob Odenkirk?

Reactions: Uh huh and Studio84
Studio84

Studio84

Archangel
Sep 7, 2020
No not Bob odenkirk sorry.... But now you mention it it does look like him a bit. Never noticed before!

Reactions: Uh huh