• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I recently returned from a hiatus on this site and while I used to have a great dynamic with a couple users and really enjoyed a lot of the topics and discussions people would post here, even if I didn't agree, now it seems like all that has evaporated. Everyone is quiet and uninterested in deep topics.

Has anyone else experienced this recently or am I just being jaded?
Maybe I need another break from here?

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
Me too, every things is repetitive and trivial here, people used to be mysterious but since i started to read about georges bataille a third eye opened to understanding almost everyone

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't know.
Maybe there has been less discussion lately.
There may be several reasons.

Some topics are repeated and not everyone wants to write the same thing over and over again.
For example, I do not respond to some topics because I have already written about them. I don't necessarily want to write the same thing over and over again.

Maybe people who wrote a lot have left, and new people don't necessarily want to do it.

Tiredness.
Even people who write a lot may be more tired than before. Currently, they may not want to engage in heated and interesting discussions.

Of course, there may be more reasons.

ColorlessTrees

ColorlessTrees

Stuck
Jan 4, 2022
Don't worry, it's normal; I take regular breaks from the site intentional or not, and when I come back, sometimes I feel like 'wow, everything sure has gone to shit', but it passes eventually. That or I've just become complacent. When things have become too boring and trite for me, I leave until I inevitably forget and come crawling back.

This is probably because the site is in a constant change of primary members, with a very tiny handful who stick around every batch. Within a few weeks, or definitely a few months, you can expect most, if not all of the old regulars you knew to be gone—including the well spoken and/or interesting ones, unfortunately.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Don't worry, it's normal; I take regular breaks from the site intentional or not, and when I come back, sometimes I feel like 'wow, everything sure has gone to shit', but it passes eventually. That or I've just become complacent. When things have become too boring and trite for me, I leave until I inevitably forget and come crawling back.

This is probably because the site is in a constant change of primary members, with a very tiny handful who stick around every batch. Within a few weeks, or definitely a few months, you can expect most, if not all of the old regulars you knew to be gone—including the well spoken and/or interesting ones, unfortunately.
I think that is really unique and interesting but also sucks that a lot of the membership changes so frequently. But I suppose that is the nature of this forum.

I think I'm gonna leave this site again. At least for now. Maybe its run its course.

surroundedbydemons

surroundedbydemons

Experienced
Mar 6, 2024
I recently returned from a hiatus on this site and while I used to have a great dynamic with a couple users and really enjoyed a lot of the topics and discussions people would post here, even if I didn't agree, now it seems like all that has evaporated. Everyone is quiet and uninterested in deep topics.
I suspect most people here are in the 18-26 age bracket. (based on observations from threads such as 'What is your age?)
The majority of people are from NA or Europe. (similarly, there are threads like "What country are you from?")
Exams/finals are usually carried out between May and June in Western countries.

My guess is that people are most likely focusing on finals during this time, which could explain their disinterest in deep topics.

~~~
You started mass posting on Tuesday, not the weekend. It would be interesting to know whether your posts get more engagement on Friday (end of day), Saturday, or Sunday.

Last edited:
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
I dunno, I was off for a while. Now that I'm on a diff continent, I hit an emotional bump (because someone had bad news) & started posting here again last weekend

Now I'm eating too many carbs, doing not enough physical conditioning. Wish there was a punching bag here, so I could practice some things

Too bored to post about the 7 basic movements, or my thoughts on fighting

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think there are several reasons, too.
Everything was mentioned already like age (a lot if young people) and being tired of repetition.

I personally struggle a lot with concentration and sometimes I m too weak (too depressed, too disillusioned) to involve in deeper conversations.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
Compared to when I joined, the most active group of posters on the forum seemed to shift towards younger people in the 18-20 age range, which no offense to anyone in that demographic (cause we were all there at one point) but I don't find find a lot of things younger people are talking about as relatable anymore now that I'm almost 25 years old, it's a bit hard to put myself back in those times mentally and I think many other older users probably feel similarly.

The sort of things we struggle with in life do change as we get older, especially as you leave the education system and transition towards being in the workforce, people around you are getting married and having children, losses accumulate, etc. Besides that, there used to also be a lot more prolific shitposters here who were known for making funny threads and memes who simply up and disappeared. The sense of humour definitely changed too.

Everything changes with time, inevitably. But I do certainly miss a lot of the old posters and threads, wondering if they will ever return.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees