FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's true that it will always be such a terrible thing having the ability to exist as a conscious being, existing will always be very hopeless, it was never something worth enduring in the first place, it's undeniable that existence just causes harm.

It's such a hellish curse how there isn't just eternal non-existence instead of this futile cycle of senseless cruelty and torment that tragically continues to repeat. It's a punishment being trapped inside this flesh prison that we are slaves to, that is destined to decay and cause suffering to be experienced as a result, it's terrifying how there is no limit as to how much agony one can be subjected to all because they were unfortunate enough to be burdened with existence.

All that existence does is create problems in which there were never a need for in the first place, if there was no existence there would be no problems and nobody would suffer, instead there would just be the perfect state of nothingness and only nothingness is ideal.

I know that only death can bring relief from the curse that is having the ability to exist, existence itself is the true problem, the fact that suicide isn't seen as a valid option and is purposely made so inaccessible despite this reality is further proof that existence is nothing but a curse. Humans just make existence even more hopeless with how they wish to enslave those who wish for peace.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: borderlinee, AncientSorrow, tieiwi and 6 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
we could live forever just pure nonsense everything alive here will die the only thing that will out live biological machines is AI but i doubt it will be conscious tho, all biological life is doomed from the moment of its inception

Reactions: squirley
L

lotushippy42

Mar 17, 2023
I agree that there is a mindless cruelty in being born with the desire to live (or more honestly, the fear of death), without being able to choose this desire. I do wish that life were eternal, then perhaps we could overwhelm its shortcomings, but at present this is a pipe dream and even if it weren't boredom would rule eventually. There is something strange in seeing non-suicidal people being concerned with the very existence of suicidal people when their own lives consist of objectively more suffering than happiness, and end in death anyway. There is no shame in leaving a life not asked for, though meaningless evolution has impelled us otherwise. I like the proposition of the TV show 'the good place' where they live forever in relative harmony but are allowed to leave whenever they've had enough. This seems ideal. At the very least, we ought to be allowed to undo the decision of our impulsive parents and if we find life unsatisfactory, we can tell it to fuck off.

Reactions: squirley