Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
No it does not. There are two things: Chance and time.

Watcher

Watcher

Student
Nov 17, 2018
Why are we here? Is the only purpose of life to die? What was the point?
Well, using philosophy and science, I concluded: Our porpuse is, being courious (discovering things is what we have been doing since we have counciounes). Like Soren Kierkegard Said: life is just a collection of expiriences. And by physics, I concluded that: life is work, dynamic as science defines the word. ¿WHY? 'Cause everything in the universe, every process, is just a transformation of energy into another state of it. So we're fuckedup just because the chimestry in our heads (our genetics, enviroment) condemned us, our biology...

Reactions: Disintegration
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
How see life is you born and die what every happens between those to dont mean shit still end up dead a sum point.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and OnlyMercy
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
I'm just existing and do not feel I have any purpose on earth.
Peace/hugs

Reactions: OnlyMercy and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
OnlyMercy

OnlyMercy

No More
Oct 23, 2018
Some merely exist without concerning themselves with whether life has meaning.

Some question whether life has meaning or not. If life does not have meaning it does not matter whether we live or die. Without meaning our suffering is in vain.

If it is not possible to adequately identify the meaning of life then why bother raising the question?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
It's loaded question really. Results of it will be skewed because of the forum you asked it in. Go up and down a church aisle after a Sunday service asking that and you would probably get 99% yes response.

Ness

Ness

They/Them pronouns, please
Aug 28, 2019
I think this is different for everyone, we've all got our own thoughts on it and no one's ever going to fully agree. Just partially. And personally I don't think there is a purpose, we just exist. That's not necessarily a bad thing, either, nor a good thing. It just is. We just are.

You can make yourself a purpose if you want to. Personally I'm fine not having any, since it means I don't have to think about failing to reach it.

Reactions: GlowingCactus
Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
It depends if you have a good one of not. For us I'd say NO.

nebula

nebula

Sep 30, 2019
Life has no objective purpose, I think. It's up to each person to find their own (or not to).

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk
SlackJim

SlackJim

Nothing lasts, but nothing is lost
Sep 30, 2019
No purpose, only perception. This world can be heaven and it can be hell, it just depends on which lens you view life through. If you can create purpose, meaning, then great, otherwise things get depressing pretty quickly.

Reactions: _Minsk, Astral316 and Disintegration
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
To have fun. To make connections. To experience things. To grow. To truly partake in the great things life has to offer!

...Unless you're a demented social fucktard like myself incapable of having fun, making connections, learning from your mistakes or incapable of self-growth. Whatever

Reactions: _Minsk, Klee, Lethe and 4 others
I

inthespines

December wind has come my way
Sep 30, 2019
To procreate and spread our genes i suppose. To spread, to survive, to dominate. Nothing deeper than that. Maybe that's why some people feel the way they do, because of the realization that we are no different than any other living organism. No more special than a worm. No more special than a virus.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and Astral316
Disintegration

Disintegration

Life is a terminal sexually transmitted disease.
Sep 28, 2019
I think this is very much a philosophical question. Life is absurd, there is no meaning to any of it other than that which we place upon it. I read and studied philosophy on my own and I recommend absurdism, existentialism and nihilism. If you go far enough down the rabbit hole you will find nothingness, a complete void. I guess that's why intelligent people can become so depressed. They are searching for truth.... when they find it, they realize that under the superficial layers there is nothing but an abyss of emptiness. It can feel freeing to realize this, but it can also be a burden to end up with this perspective.

Last edited:
Reactions: alexithymia
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
There is meaning but it only comes from like 4 places. You could marry and have a family, have an awesome career, religious attendance, and community. If u don't manage to have success especially in one of those first two, even if u don't marry or kids but u have a relationship with a significant other. I think for most people especially as we age it's close relationships that matter the most. The goal shouldn't be to be happy but to have meaning, because happiness is fleeting. It comes and goes.

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
I wish we could just turn out damn minds off and just live instead of thinking about this. But my mind never shuts down.

Reactions: Numbtopain97 and alexithymia
ALiflessDreamerOtaku

ALiflessDreamerOtaku

Just a hopeless dreamer
Sep 30, 2019
Life has differentiated meanings for everyone
For me,it's to rejoice
But it's not possible for me

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Survival and the creation of progeny.

Reactions: Epsilon0
Rachel74

Rachel74

Enlightened
Sep 7, 2019
My life as had purpose as I've saved animals x

Numbtopain97

Numbtopain97

deader than dead
Aug 10, 2019
Scientifically - to reproduce

Historically - to win glory

Religiously - to serve the creator

Philosophically - to answer this very question

Reactions: marcusuk63
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I was thinking about this a lot when I was younger. It still comes to mind occasionally, like now.

Life seems pointless. All the struggle and suffering, all the pain... and then death. This endless cycle of species reproducing and dying, for what?

Everything seems pointless to me. We are not working towards something bigger, there is no plan behind everything. Total nonsense.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
WhyIsLife56

WhyIsLife56

Antinatalism + Efilism ❤️
Nov 4, 2019
Life has no purpose. It has a function: replicating itself. But meaning is subjective. Hence objectively it has no meaning or purpose.
Cause by the time you die, you won't remember what you did or accomplished.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I feel like there's alot of valid reasons that have been posted here already. They're probably all true to some extent. We all find our own purpose.

I also think that people like Tesla were onto something with 3,6,9. The "elite" on this planet have atleast a slight grasp on concepts of why and what we're here for.

They're afraid that if we figure it out it'll usurp their power. So they keep us busy with the hamster wheeling system they've created along with the bread and circuses. Hoping we'll be too busy or distracted to ever figure it out.

Reactions: WhyIsLife56
ZemTee

ZemTee

Dec 11, 2019
No.

Man knew how to survive. Then someone figured out how to make survival easier. And Easier. And Easier. Then trade was introduced. First it was for survival, then for luxuries. The trade system was barter at the time. Problem is, barter is inefficient. So somebody figured out money. How to use it, and how to make it. And then how to make more money, but hold onto it for later use. Then more luxuries were invented. Things you "need". The line between needs and wants became blurred. Mankind never had a purpose or meaning, but it had a function. The function, that of survival, has become increasingly minimized. This causes a bleak confusion. Our function is effectively gone, or diminished to the point that we don't notice it. We lack any purpose or meaning, but now need to find some. We can't accept that there is nothing, so we wander astray. And where is our base we've wandered from? We don't have one anymore. We can't return to ourselves, we've abandoned us. Ironic isn't it? Mankind's undoing is success.

• Hugs
Reactions: noctiva
my heart hurts

my heart hurts

Things could be worse, I guess.
May 29, 2019
This is something I ponder a good amount. All I've come up with is that life is important to most because it eventually ends. Because it is finite people find some sort of grand goal or whatever to work towards so they can leave some mark, or at the very least, feel satisfied when they meet their end. I think once you don't give a flying fuck about when it ends or when you try to skip to the end then there is nothing forcing you to find some sort of purpose.

The thought of an uneventful death forces a lot of people to do something I guess. But that's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
B

bhav

Mar 23, 2019
The purpose of life is to create/find your own purpose, and that's different for everyone

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
alexK

alexK

Tormented
Mar 9, 2020
Most people revolve their existence around a purpose they believe in. It could be something that's been rooted in them growing up by their parents or by spiritual beliefs. However, from an objective perspective, life has no purpose. As we came with nothing we shall leave with nothing. So nothing matters. A grave is a grave. Whether you're rich, poor or an animal.

Reactions: Epsilon0
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
To fuck. Beyond that who knows?

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
There is nothing more beautiful than the idea of purpose - the thought that we are in the safe hands of a loving creator who watches over us with infinite kindness and indulgence.

I long to rest in the trust that it's not all in vain.

I long to close my eyes and fall back into the safe cradle of faith - faith in god and in a greater purpose.

Unfortunately, the only thing that happens when I let myself go is I get a bump at the back of my head from hitting the floor.

I don't recomend it.

• Love
Reactions: Klee
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
My self i see life in three stages your bone time passes then you die. What do between berth and death not that important. Unless you become sum one really famous in your life time . You be forgotten with in a lifetime or two you just end up a name on a grave stone and thats all any one will know.

BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
There is no inherent meaning to life. Some find purpose in family, career and whatever other bullshit there is. People say that you have to make meaning yourself, but what is left for those who can't find it, for those who are mentally ill? Are we doomed to suffer here until we either latch onto some pointless thing or just die? I don't see the appeal of life at all.
There is no inherent meaning to life. Some find purpose in family, career and whatever other bullshit there is. People say that you have to make meaning yourself, but what is left for those who can't find it, for those who are mentally ill? Are we doomed to suffer here until we either latch onto some pointless thing or just die? I don't see the appeal of life at all.
:'( :-(