throwaway123

throwaway123

Hell0
Aug 5, 2018
I do to be honest.
Just imagine. You a 19 year old football player at a good high school somewhere. You have a nice girlfriend and a bunch of friends you could call brothers. Your family is just...rich and the typical wealthy suburban family. You go to university, study, etc...then get a wife,kids buy a house. Just like society wants you to. Everythings fine, no its almost perfect.

I wish I had that life. Unfourtnately I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just had bad luck and that sucks. It really does. I can't believe it. My life was already destined to end this way the day I was born. When I think back it all makes sense now. The older you become the more you realize you never really had much control if any.

This world is not fair and it never will be. I see death as salvation. I will never have that "ordinary" life. Does anyone else see it that way? Like a inevitability. Feeling like you are living on borrowed time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nnana, Circles, Brick In The Wall and 21 others
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I wish I could drive again and keep a job. That's all I want and I really feel like it would make a world of difference. Fuck epilepsy.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, Sensei, Dawn0071111 and 6 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I used to, as tragic teenager. Not anymore. I'm actually glad I lived long enough and experienced enough to understand that there is no such thing as "ordinary", and "good" is relative.
Wouldn't trade places for an "ordinary" person for all the money in the world.

• Love
Reactions: lowres, cowbain, Élégie and 12 others
deltahead

deltahead

Student
May 28, 2019
"ordinary" people are great at unconsciously practicing cruelty. casually predatory, casually hateful, tribal, and lustful, but blissfully ignorant of it most of the time. everyone participates in this terrifying dissociated rampage. it's like there's nowhere else to go. you either do this or you die.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: notjustyetagain, lowres, barty1013 and 19 others
P

pleasethistime

Experienced
Jun 25, 2018
sometimes.

Reactions: Tom9999
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Of course I would want that, unfortunately I was treated badly in childhood and it interfered with my normal development especially moral development. If u are not treated morally in childhood, u tend to go off the rails starting as a teenager.

• Hugs
Reactions: greencoat111, Élégie, Darkdreamer001 and 5 others
M

malummo

Student
Jul 15, 2019
this mindset and that life ... formula for happiness..

• Love
Reactions: BabyYoda, Darkdreamer001 and Tom9999
daikon

daikon

trash golem
Dec 26, 2018
Most definitely.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Tom9999 and throwaway123
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
"ordinary" people are great at unconsciously practicing cruelty. casually predatory, casually hateful, tribal, and lustful, but blissfully ignorant of it most of the time. everyone participates in this terrifying dissociated rampage. it's like there's nowhere else to go. you either do this or you die.
Exactly. They are like animals functioning on instinct, with no thought. They want what they are told to want, because they are told to want it. They act how they are told to act, be who they are told to be. They want whatever looks like "status" to them, but they are mindless, they only want it because it's what others have. I have no pity and no use for people like that. If someone wants to ctb because they lack "ordinary" status symbols I say, "Be my guest.".

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie, Darkdreamer001, Painted Bird and 3 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I used to wish. Now I'm glad to be suicidal. (Or, dare I say, blessed to be!) Glad I'm not willing to fight other prisoners to impress The Crowd. Ever wondered how cockfighting was invented? We had the nature herself as the best teacher. Idolized her.
You precisely described the first eight years of my sentence here.

• Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, not_a_robot, Temporarilyabsurd and 1 other person
bacardirum

bacardirum

Experienced
May 21, 2019
A lot of people think they have bad luck, though most of the time 95% of others in the world would replace what they have with you, I mean real poverty. Just by posting a question on the internet shows how lucky you are compared to some, I am sure you are not starving just now either and have access to clean drinking water. The secret I think is trying to do the best for yourself, of course if raised in the correct family this can be a easier task, but not always the case for those people either...

• Love
  • Hmph!
Reactions: LivingToLong, BabyYoda, Darkdreamer001 and 1 other person
oxymoron

oxymoron

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2019
Sure. I'd trade everything I have for that. But I can't. Cos life. They say that if you hate something a lot, it doesn't stay with you. Looks like it doesn't work that way with this fucking life of mine.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo, Tom9999 and 1 other person
MG_39

MG_39

Physically ill suffering couch potato
Jul 5, 2019
I had that nice ordinary life. But it's worth nothing now because of my illness. I would trade my illness for a life in poverty and homeless. I have money, a car, apartment but it's worth nothing because I can't enjoy life. Of course we all have our reasons why we cant enjoy life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meena, Darkdreamer001, Tom9999 and 1 other person
Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
100% yes to having the opportunity to grow up as a biological female and to actually be able to live my life as one. At the same token though, I prefer to be natural, not normal. Normal is so legit boring. I don't know actually if I'd want to be a stereotypical woman into "normal" stereotypical things that society projects. I still like certain masculine things, like cars, guns, and other odd things. I still want to be me as I am now minus depression and past traumas with all the same interests, but as a biologically-born female.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
A lot of people think they have bad luck, though most of the time 95% of others in the world would replace what they have with you, I mean real poverty. Just by posting a question on the internet shows how lucky you are compared to some, I am sure you are not starving just now either and have access to clean drinking water. The secret I think is trying to do the best for yourself, of course if raised in the correct family this can be a easier task, but not always the case for those people either...

Your ignorance is astounding.

Reactions: BabyYoda, cowbain, Darkdreamer001 and 7 others
P

Painted Bird

...///...
Jul 15, 2019
I don't, never. I prefer to be a lone wolf than a mindless sheep in a herd. Choosing that "ordinary, good life" would be like making yourself blind in order not to see the truth. Like it was mentioned before, it's those ordinary people with their good life who make many others' life unbearable with their cruelty and stupidity.

Reactions: Meena, cowbain, Élégie and 5 others
inconsequential

inconsequential

Enlightened
Jun 1, 2019
No. I'd end up being a soulless cunt who is vile to someone exactly like I am NOW.

I'd rather be broken than inherently evil.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dawn0071111 and not_a_robot
ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
I think I am an ordinary person with a good life, I just have a tendency to waste every opportunity I have.

That said, I do dream of a better life constantly.

• Hugs
Reactions: LivingToLong, Darkdreamer001 and Tom9999
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
Yeah, I feel the same way. Most of my family have successful, happy lives like you describe and I feel very out of place.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dawn0071111, Darkdreamer001, azucaramargo and 3 others
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
Me sometimes, living without braincells, not questioning at all.

Reactions: Darkdreamer001
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018
Honestly? No. I just wish I was never born.

• Love
Reactions: BabyYoda, Élégie, Dawn0071111 and 4 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Élégie, LadyPanda, Darkdreamer001 and 1 other person
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I think the OP means an actual life (ie not just being a breathing body) and being non-suicidal. With that alone you can somewhat build on it or at least survive.

Before I became widowed I was happy, social, highly motivated and driven. It went downhill from there...

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Meena, Dawn0071111, Tom9999 and 1 other person
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
What being "ordinary" and having a "good" life is even suppose to mean? All the domesticated human populations live in horrid conditions, be it mentally or physically. The modern world is pure pathology. I wish i could've being born as a non-civilized animal.

Reactions: Élégie, Dawn0071111, Wayfaerer and 2 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Maybe if I was born as someone who have an ordinary life , I wouldnt have end up becoming like this.

Reactions: Tom9999, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Baskol1
azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
Of course I would want that, unfortunately I was treated badly in childhood and it interfered with my normal development especially moral development. If u are not treated morally in childhood, u tend to go off the rails starting as a teenager.
FinalEscape, as always I think what you have achieved despite the abuse you suffered is noteworthy. You have worked tirelessly to develop yourself, and you are one of the people I admire most in this world.

Reactions: Meena, ish and Baskol1
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I'd dread to be "normal" but I have to admit, such a life would be 100x better than mine.

Reactions: Dawn0071111 and Tom9999
Tom9999

Tom9999

I've suffered enough.
Aug 27, 2019
I long to have been an ordinary person with a good life: loving spouse, happy family, enjoyable career, good friends, social hobbies, money and adventure. That's the major reason I gave it my all during recovery.

Now I am mentally like a person of 23 who was raised in a healthy and loving environment by nurturing and successful parents, and who just finished college.

But not circumstancially or socially.

I'm not 23. I'm in my mid-50's. And not only flat broke from a failed business, but my resilience has been exhausted from multiple sequential defeats.

So all that is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dawn0071111 and burnedCookie
White_Room293

White_Room293

rapid cycling gay guy
Sep 13, 2019
I do to be honest.
Just imagine. You a 19 year old football player at a good high school somewhere. You have a nice girlfriend and a bunch of friends you could call brothers. Your family is just...rich and the typical wealthy suburban family. You go to university, study, etc...then get a wife,kids buy a house. Just like society wants you to. Everythings fine, no its almost perfect.

I wish I had that life. Unfourtnately I was born in the wrong place at the wrong time. I just had bad luck and that sucks. It really does. I can't believe it. My life was already destined to end this way the day I was born. When I think back it all makes sense now. The older you become the more you realize you never really had much control if any.

This world is not fair and it never will be. I see death as salvation. I will never have that "ordinary" life. Does anyone else see it that way? Like a inevitability. Feeling like you are living on borrowed time.
No, I'm unique and my experiences have shapen me

Reactions: LadyPanda