• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
I don't know exactly how to describe it, but I often get this overpowering feeling inside me that seems to scream "STOP." Like I'll be on a walk and have this sudden urge to collapse into the grass face-down and never get up. Or I'll be biking and then a part of my brain tells me to stop pedalling and just let the bike fall and land on top of me, and then to just stay there motionless. Or sometimes I've just wanted to lie down in the middle of the road, especially when there are storms at night.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've never been able to quite figure out where it's coming from, anyone got any theories? It's a very different feeling from just the usual "I-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed" depression, which I also experience.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, DarknessInMe, fleetingnight and 5 others
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Does a part of your body ache, like say your stomach? Or do you distinctly feel a tinge of other emotions like say guilt/shame?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Missed my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
Does a part of your body ache, like say your stomach? Or do you distinctly feel a tinge of other emotions like say guilt/shame?
No, physically I feel fine and don't even necessarily feel fatigued, it's just mental. No other emotions. Idk it's like my mind just gives up.

Reactions: Meteora
B

Blueth

May 9, 2024
I don't know exactly how to describe it, but I often get this overpowering feeling inside me that seems to scream "STOP." Like I'll be on a walk and have this sudden urge to collapse into the grass face-down and never get up. Or I'll be biking and then a part of my brain tells me to stop pedalling and just let the bike fall and land on top of me, and then to just stay there motionless. Or sometimes I've just wanted to lie down in the middle of the road, especially when there are storms at night.

Has anyone else experienced this? I've never been able to quite figure out where it's coming from, anyone got any theories? It's a very different feeling from just the usual "I-don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed" depression, which I also experience.
When I stand up, something pulls me to the ground.

Even in bed, there are many moments when I get into the fetal position.

It feels like my soul is heavy for my body.

Reactions: DarknessInMe, Meteora and Alexei_Kirillov
xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
No, I don't, I have aggressive exciting impulses when I get upset, but what you described can be related to intrusive thoughts due to OCD and depression, or you may have dissociation.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
Yes, something similar and more so lately. But to me it's more like I just wanna stare into the distance and not think or reply to people. Basically, I feel like I want to shut down my mind.

• Hugs
Reactions: Metalhead, Alexei_Kirillov and Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I know that. I felt it yesterday, I was in town, had to go to the washeteria. After some time I just felt I wanna lie down on the ground, cry, never get up again, die there, basically.
It's very debiliating. One reason I want to end my life.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov and real human being
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
I experience this. I think it's just the part of the brain that is responsible for motivation being extremely understimulated, leading to a lack of sufficient desire or drive to do anything, or to even continue what you are already doing.

Reactions: Vicolo cieco, Whatever♡, Meteora and 1 other person
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
In my case, I m pretty sure it is flashbacks to very early and ongoing childhood traumas of not feeling safe, not being able to connect to my parents etc.
It coincides with what my "mother" told me about this time of my life (still absolutely not understanding the irreversible damage she caused me).

Maybe someone of you can relate.

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
I have, but a lot of it is more of strong urges instead of an impulsive act. If I'm alone at home, I'll (safely) fall to the ground and probably curl up. Otherwise if I'm in public or on shift, I mostly fight the urges. The thought is "hide".

At least for me, it's mostly an urge to rest both mentally and a tiny bit physically. The ground feels nice sometimes.

Doing something like that can obviously garner attention and may injure yourself. It's best you fight the urges or find a way to fall safely and away from those who may be potentially concerned.

Reactions: Meteora and Alexei_Kirillov
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Desperate to go--
Mar 14, 2024

Fight, flight, fawn, feign, or whatever they are. Yeah, to me it's just anxiety and hopelessness to where your cells give up and die. Supposed to be a form of protection: just giving up, lying down and playing possum.

Reactions: Raindancer, Alexei_Kirillov and alltoomuch2
fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
Yes, definitely. I don't know why, but letting my body totally give out and kind of crumbling feels more comforting than anything else sometimes. Wish I could tell you why, but I have no idea. Maybe the brain is equating mental exhaustion to physical exhaustion, and feels like the same thing will relieve it? I literally know nothing about psychology so that's just my best guess

• Love
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Been getting this sort of feeling more often at work but before that I could easily just flop into my bed or the couch or something whenever I wanted so maybe I was always this way.

Feels like an executive dysfunction thing for me at least. My mind shutting down.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Yeah, I get urges like that sometimes. Sometimes I'll also have this strong urge to just straight up self-destruct and cause a massive scene, hurting myself, screaming, and pushing anyone who comes near me out of my way. I never act on them though, except that time I got very drunk (thankfully, I was alone and at home at the time, lol). There was a time when I was sober and I got close to acting on one of them while out of the country (I was about to walk away and see if I could throw myself in the ocean and just drown to death), but my mom came out to talk to me before I could act on it.

K

kyhoti

May 27, 2024
Yep, get this feeling alot. My ears ring really loud and I get tunnel vision. If its safe, I do stop, because my meat wagon and my grey matter seem to be telling me to just ferking STOP! Stop what? I dont know. I don't want to hit the ground at my age, so I sit.

Here lately, its when I try to get to sleep (brain says no, so I dont for 24-36 hours) or when I try to get outof bed, same result, 24-36 "asleep".