TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
Only my childhood and partly my adolescence, but I don't harbor any resentment towards my parents because they were doing what they believed to be best, and they didn't really know better. The other part, well it was my damn fault and my insecurities that fucked my own life over, so I blame myself for that. In fact, I'm not really dwelling on that anymore, I have moved on, and nowadays I'm just making the most of my shitty existence as possible before I ctb (I sure as hell don't plan to live to old age and die of diseases or other causes, or having to depend on others to take care of day to day basics).
Pretty much this, they put way too much pressure on me to succeed accademically while ignoring my early cries for help with bullying and me being generally socially awkward. I distinctly remember being grounded in 6th grade for a month because I didn't tell them about a bad grade in maths. There was also a time when I had a password set on my laptop because I was apparently studying too little and every single grade counted back then for enrollment in that stupid useless high school. They now deny that this ever happened. I would also get really mean looks from them whenever I got a grade worse than an A (this was only an issue for some subjects). Though I can't be mad at them, they thought I would only be happy with this path in life and the rest of the blame is really on me.
They do generally love me but I honestly think they were a bit naive and raised me to be naive as well.

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Definitely, I am a failure to them because of my mental health problems, apparently i'm selfish and breaking up the family and then they say I can talk to them but when I do they then use that info against me. I opened up about past abuse to one of my parents and they didn't believe me and called me a liar so that ended that relationship. One of my parents gets angry very quickly and easily so I am trying to cut them out of my life. It hurts though that I can't go to them as for some people their family are their role models whilst I grew up lost.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
No, they haven't, a system that gives both adults in general and a few arbitrary ones in particular, enormous imbalanced coercive power over children has.
My parents, however, have chosen to enable that destruction, and be in denial about how it works.

Reactions: heylightiforgot
Ironweed

Ironweed

Nauseated.
Nov 9, 2019
As painful as it is for me to admit, I have destroyed my own life. Not only that, I've chased away and/or alienated the few people who might have otherwise wanted to help me.

My now deceased parents, while far from perfect, genuinely wanted the best for me and did what they thought was best to help me get there. My sibling has certainly turned out fine and is quite successful in her life.

Edit: About the closest thing I can offer in defense of myself is that I have at times tried. One of the more bizarre features of my life is how often what I thought might be a marker of success has ultimately done nothing but drag me into greater failure. If I ever do write up a goodbye post here I'll be more specific, but since at present I continue to hold a sliver of hope I will not CTB I have to be a bit vague.

Last edited:
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
Yes, most definitely. I would not be here struggling and ultimately ending my life if it wasn't for the trauma they had caused.

Ko9

Ko9

Student
Jun 30, 2019
My parents didn't act on my best intrest for the first 15 years of my life. My parents did jackshit when I got home from school with a burnout after all I could only do is cry. My parents where more occupied with how they looked from the outside and their place on the social ladder rather than once listening to their kid who is fucking depressed since forever. They didn't care when I got beaten, yelled at, spit at or made fun off. I think I deserved it but they where always absent. The only thing they ever did was removing me from school A to B. B was a ''special school'' for kids with autism but instead of helping me understand they only expected you actively being a dick and not even trying to the point that they could yell so hard my ears where buzzing and everyone was crying. I would be ''vomited out of society'' well he was right on that one. I liked the fact that when I was hospitalized and refused to see my parents for 5 months they didn't know w h y. This is my side of course but I never asked to be made. I never asked to be born. I never asked to be a thing. The chances of being made are: 1 in 400 trillion. But yet I couldn't ask them to do nothing. My parents are terrible people with the worst intentions, I geniunly hope one day they feel a percent on how it is to be a fuckup, depressed, hurt, humiliated, helpless and knowing that you're a fucking retard. Thanks! So to answer the question: They ruined it by bothering at all. Look at me I'm so emo and edgy...

Malletboy

Malletboy

Nov 27, 2019
My upbringing is a very unique one. My mother was wonderful but she passed away when I was 10 and my father was absent my whole life. My godparents manipulated my sisters and I to live with them to get access to my mother's life insurance money when we turned 18. My grandparents and uncle saw this and tried to stop it but we were too young to realize what was going on and basically separated ourselves from our blood family to live with our godparents. They were manipulative and took poor care of us for the next 8 years. They made us feel like burdens in their lives. They received money from the state each month for all three of us (me, my twin, and my baby sis) and used it to pull themselves out of debt. When we turned 18 the state cash stopped flowing and they went to collect our insurance money but couldn't find the exact source to collect from. With no real incentive to have us in their lives it seemed like they turned the manipulation and verbal abuse up 10 notches. I know for sure that this cocktail that brewed for a good 10 yrs of my life (I lived with them until I was 19-20) has totally fucked me up.