Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I discovered ASMR for about two years ago. At first I was like "what is this", but then I found myself really enjoying it. It's so calming and giving me such a soothing feeling. I really appreciate the ASMRtists putting so much time and effort to make these videoes. I really like the feeling of getting pampered, also massaging sounds when I have a migraine (I suffer from chronic migraine).

I have so many favorites, but to mention some are Latte ASMR, Myaling ASMR, ASMR Glow and Creative Calm ASMR. I've also watched some of the videos by ASMR PPOMO. She has really long videoes. Jade ASMR Garden was my absolute favorite for quite some time, but she shut down her channel unfortunately. When I was functioning (that was a long time ago though), I also liked watching ASMR Skyrim walkthroughs when I was studying. It's just a little sad to think about now.

What do you guys think?

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I am in minority. ASMR irritates me. Can't listen to it for more than a few seconds. It pisses me off.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, UninformedLover, mediocre and 5 others
justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
Before I discovered actual ASMR I used to watch lots of nature/camping/bushcraft type videos because I found them relaxing and they would help me zone out. I still do sometimes. My favourite of these is probably Matthew Posa.
I mostly listen to ASMR Magic and ASMR Zeitgeist now though, with some others here and there. If I just want to pass out for a couple of hours they usually do the trick.

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I am in minority. ASMR irritates me. Can't listen to it for more than a few seconds. It pisses me off.

It's absolutely not for everyone.

Before I discovered actual ASMR I used to watch lots of nature/camping/bushcraft type videos because I found them relaxing and they would help me zone out. I still do sometimes. My favourite of these is probably Matthew Posa.
I mostly listen to ASMR Magic and ASMR Zeitgeist now though, with some others here and there. If I just want to pass out for a couple of hours they usually do the trick.

Yeah, I used to do the same thing, both fire cracking and raining sounds. I haven't heard of Matthew Posa before. I have to check him out. I agree that ASMR Zeitgeist is a good one!

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I discovered ASMR for about two years ago. At first I was like "what is this", but then I found myself really enjoying it. It's so calming and giving me such a soothing feeling. I really appreciate the ASMRtists putting so much time and effort to make these videoes. I really like the feeling of getting pampered, also massaging sounds when I have a migraine (I suffer from chronic migraine).

I have so many favorites, but to mention some are Latte ASMR, Myaling ASMR, ASMR Glow and Creative Calm ASMR. I've also watched some of the videos by ASMR PPOMO. She has really long videoes. Jade ASMR Garden was my absolute favorite for quite some time, but she shut down her channel unfortunately. When I was functioning (that was a long time ago though), I also liked watching ASMR Skyrim walkthroughs when I was studying. It's just a little sad to think about now.

What do you guys think?
I enjoy ASMR a lot. I've been listening for a year now. I find it uncomfortable to watch guys do ASMR. I can only really enjoy listening to females do it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lotus
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Don't hate it, don't love it. Doesn't do anything for me. That being said I do enjoy odd noises, not ASMR I don't think, but I get a satisfied feeling over nice sounding car doors closing, windscreen wipers etc :pfff:

• Wow
Reactions: zherhk and Lotus

Student
Aug 23, 2019
I enjoy ASMR unless it's eating. Hearing people eat (even without it being amplified by a microphone) irritates me deeply.

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I enjoy ASMR unless it's eating. Hearing people eat (even without it being amplified by a microphone) irritates me deeply.

Same here! That's probably the most annoying thing on the planet, lol.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and 134340
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
ASMR is one of the only things that helps me relax. Also a fan of ASMR Zeitgeist

• Hugs
Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I actually thought that more members on SS would like ASMR. I feel like the ASMR community is also so warming and welcoming, and I'm always reading so many people in the comment section that is struggling with depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, insomnia and so much more. I thought it would be some kind of overlap of that community and this community. However, I appriciate both communities in both their own ways. :heart:

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I very much enjoy it. Not a huge fan of the eating ones. I think I interpret the eating ones as sexual and I listen to ASMR to relax and tingle, not for arousal.
I have quite a few ASMR channels I watch because of the high quality content produced.

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
I very much enjoy it. Not a huge fan of the eating ones. I think I interpret the eating ones as sexual and I listen to ASMR to relax and tingle, not for arousal.
I have quite a few ASMR channels I watch because of the high quality content produced.

Yes, I agree. I very much appriciate those channels who have high quality content. That's probably why I like Latte ASMR so much. She's just so thoughtful. She actually said once in her video that she suffered from depression back in the days, and that she didn't like herself, but now she has grown to love herself. Oh, she's so lovely and kind.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
First I've heard of it.

• Wow
Reactions: Lotus and not-2-b-the-answer
Moonicide

Moonicide

ᴘʜᴀꜱᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴏɴ
Nov 19, 2019
I do! Mainly rain and sounds of nature. I don't like listening to people whisper and rubbing or touching objects too much, lol.

• Love
Reactions: Lotus and not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
HATE IT …. No offence to those who like it. If there is a Hell … I'm sure I will be forced to listen to that for eternity or Fox News … I don't know which is worse.
I'm kidding … Fox News. :))

Lotus

Lotus

Experienced
Dec 17, 2019
HATE IT …. No offence to those who like it. If there is a Hell … I'm sure I will be forced to listen to that for eternity or Fox News … I don't know which is worse.
I'm kidding … Fox News. :))

Haha, yeah... Definately not for everyone. :))