justwhy?

justwhy?

Student
Sep 27, 2019
Right lol! All women have to do and unfortunately many of us can't do this without proper guidance and being brought up correctly is to choose a decent man and then sorry but no divorce unless in rare circumstances where the guy turned out to be a psychopath/antisocial or the woman is which makes them violent and dangerous as a marriage partner. I'm not knocking women because I would have needed help to marry correctly it wasn't like something that we just instinctively know how to do. Just like men don't always know about choosing a decent woman. But since it's women who get pregnant and are responsible for choosing a good reliable man to avoid replacing the father w welfare state, it is more on a woman to choose a man that will be reliable and responsible father and marriage material. At least wait to divorce till the kids have left the home which normally used to happen.

Quite ! We expect younger people to select partners well - they're hardly thinking with the newer, more rational parts of their brains when selecting partners. This is why elders were traditionally (and in many parts of the world still are) an integral part of spouse finding. Older people have the wisdom of experience and judgement unclouded by hormones.
It's not reasonable the way we conceptualise marriage in the west - as for 'love'. It's not what it's for - it's supposed to be about creating a co-operative, stable, and safe environment in which to raise children. And hopefully spouses find the ability to love each other actively (if not passively) as the other parent of their children, because that is what is best for their children. As you say - more passionate forms of love can be pursued when the purpose of marriage has run its course.

Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
What the fuck? I swear some people here are really crazy.

D

detached

Student
Mar 31, 2019
Again and again. The wish to be hurt grows stronger.
I don't have any memories of being raped myself, but I've been abused. I think I know how you feel. Sometimes I just want to get abused again. Not necessarily because I feel like I deserve it, but just because it's sort of become a part of my life. I feel like I have to get yelled at and hit when I do something wrong. It's kind of hard to explain why I have this urge. Maybe it's because I want things to be the way they used to be, and abuse is a part of my past.

• Hugs
Reactions: exhausted