• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
Transdermal absorption of fentanyl is already quite high but a solvent is always needed, DMSO increases absorption even further, perhaps very close to 100% bioavailability. If someone wants to investigate further or is a chemist, I think this is another way to go.

"Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a molecule with a long history in pharmaceutics and is now well established as a penetration enhancer in topical pharmaceutical formulations. It is currently used for this purpose in diclofenac sodium topical solution (approved in the United States to treat signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis) and idoxuridine topical solution (approved in Europe for the treatment of herpes zoster). This article reviews the mechanism of action of DMSO as a pharmaceutical penetration enhancer, the characteristics of the molecule that facilitate transdermal drug delivery, and studies of efficacy and safety. The clinical use of pharmaceutical-grade DMSO as a penetration enhancer is supported by the robust data that have accumulated over the past 3 decades demonstrating the favorable safety and tolerability profile. Dimethyl sulfoxide is a safe and effective mechanism for facilitating the transdermal delivery of both hydrophilic and lipophilic medications to provide localized drug delivery."

"...Radio-labeled 4C hydrocortisone and testosterone were applied to human skin in acetone alone and in DMSO. Penetration quantitated by assaying the 14C appearing in urine for five days. Without DMSO, 12 times as much testosterone penetrated as hydrocortisone. DMSO increased the penetration of both steroids three-and-one-half times. The significance of these findings is discussed."

Bioavailability92% (transdermal)
90% (intranasal)
50% (buccal)
33% (ingestion)
100% (intramuscular)
80% (inhaled)
100% (intravenous)

Attachments

• maibach1967.pdf
    378.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ingdjan1967.pdf
    388.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
Transdermal absorption of fentanyl is already quite high but a solvent is always needed, DMSO increases absorption even further, perhaps very close to 100% bioavailability. If someone wants to investigate further or is a chemist, I think this is another way to go.

"Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a molecule with a long history in pharmaceutics and is now well established as a penetration enhancer in topical pharmaceutical formulations. It is currently used for this purpose in diclofenac sodium topical solution (approved in the United States to treat signs and symptoms of osteoarthritis) and idoxuridine topical solution (approved in Europe for the treatment of herpes zoster). This article reviews the mechanism of action of DMSO as a pharmaceutical penetration enhancer, the characteristics of the molecule that facilitate transdermal drug delivery, and studies of efficacy and safety. The clinical use of pharmaceutical-grade DMSO as a penetration enhancer is supported by the robust data that have accumulated over the past 3 decades demonstrating the favorable safety and tolerability profile. Dimethyl sulfoxide is a safe and effective mechanism for facilitating the transdermal delivery of both hydrophilic and lipophilic medications to provide localized drug delivery."

"...Radio-labeled 4C hydrocortisone and testosterone were applied to human skin in acetone alone and in DMSO. Penetration quantitated by assaying the 14C appearing in urine for five days. Without DMSO, 12 times as much testosterone penetrated as hydrocortisone. DMSO increased the penetration of both steroids three-and-one-half times. The significance of these findings is discussed."

Bioavailability92% (transdermal)
90% (intranasal)
50% (buccal)
33% (ingestion)
100% (intramuscular)
80% (inhaled)
100% (intravenous)
@nottinghams

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
Super informative, as always.

@goodoldnoname923 you might be interested in that

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Isn't this the same substance the infamous "toxic lady" used to help her cancer pain that ultimately resulted in her death?

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
Isn't this the same substance the infamous "toxic lady" used to help her cancer pain that ultimately resulted in her death?

The toxicity of DSMO is very low, compared with the substances used for ctb.. the LD50 in mice is above 10g/kg, which is an absurd amount.

willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
The toxicity of DSMO is very low, compared with the substances used for ctb.. the LD50 in mice is above 10g/kg, which is an absurd amount.
I don't believe it was the DSMO itself that killed her, I believe it was a situation like this where it enhanced the toxicity of other drugs in her system.

Reactions: rotciv