L

Logic

Student
Dec 20, 2018
United States 44. 2 massivr heart attacks.
See a shrink and a counselor recovering addict and alcoholic.

If you were a few years older it would be much easier. I would say you have an alright chance. Talk to a disability lawyer and see what they think.

Reactions: Redt2go
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
In the US it's much easier to get approved for disability for a mental problem, rather than a physical one, believe it or not. The key is to have plenty of documentation from your doctors. You can start the process of applying online and they'll call you to do a follow-up phone interview. I got approved my first time around, without the help of a lawyer and it took less than a year. I also received almost $10,000 of back pay. I say go for it. It's easier than you think and you've got nothing to lose.
Wow!!!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Redt2go
TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
It's such a shitshow. They denied me 2x when I applied for mental/emotional disabilities (which I think is in part due to the whole work with a disability lawyer, get denied 2x, go to trial, then get approved system, but whatever). Then when I became physically disabled & applied (with a lawyer), I was approved the first time, & they deemed me so mentally/emotionally incompetent that my check must go to a joint account with my father, as they have determined I must be incompetent of handling my own finances. Sooo...they didn't think I was disabled before, but now I'm suuuper disabled? K.

Reactions: stellabelle, Sickman75, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Sickman75

Sickman75

Swing On The Spiral
Jan 27, 2019
It's such a shitshow. They denied me 2x when I applied for mental/emotional disabilities (which I think is in part due to the whole work with a disability lawyer, get denied 2x, go to trial, then get approved system, but whatever). Then when I became physically disabled & applied (with a lawyer), I was approved the first time, & they deemed me so mentally/emotionally incompetent that my check must go to a joint account with my father, as they have determined I must be incompetent of handling my own finances. Sooo...they didn't think I was disabled before, but now I'm suuuper disabled? K.
Wow that has extremely frustrated and pissed off in that paragraph. I would be too

Reactions: stellabelle