Candour

Candour

Student
Sep 16, 2018
Has anyone tried this? Or can tell me why it didn't work for me?

About a month ago I blended up over 100 (about 120 I think) apricot seeds with a little water and drank it, had to do it in several sittings as they wouldn't all fit in my blender so about 30 per drink. Nothing happened to me at all. I didn't feel anything, no sickness, headache or anything. Yet, officially they say anything over 65 apricot seeds is a fatal dose. I'm just interested in knowing where I went wrong or if apricot seeds being lethal is just simply not true (even though the science/medicine world say they are). Thanks

Reactions: lv-gras
Sayo

Sayo

Not 2B
Aug 22, 2018
If what you had was definitely apricot seeds that hadn't been treated any specific way, and the shell hadn't been removed, I suspect it has to do with the blending process. There isn't just pure cyanide in the seeds, it's amygdalin, which has to be converted first (this typically happens in the presence of an enzyme that's in your intestine or which can be released from the seed itself). It seems the people who use it for alternative medicine or whatever (and accordingly get the accidental cyanide exposure sometimes - fuck laetrile peddlers) actually eat the raw seeds.

It could also be linked to your body weight.

Reactions: Voldmort, Morning Angel, Candour and 2 others
starcrossedfate

starcrossedfate

Passenger
Sep 24, 2018
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/apricot-seeds.128/

Reactions: Candour and lv-gras
Candour

Candour

Student
Sep 16, 2018
I will take a lok through that other thread and read up some more on it. Thanks for the replies, guys.

Reactions: lv-gras and Sayo
blueming

blueming

if we can stand outside the borders of time
Sep 21, 2018
You can't use the sweet ones, you need bitter apricot kernels.

Reactions: lv-gras