• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I'm not sure. I could not find much information about it. The only thing I found is that it's fuel efficient.
Look at the specs and read the manual.
So far the only non CARB compliant generator I found was the KING Canada - model number: KCG-5100G.
I don't think that's the main problem.
The main problem is that certified generators could shut down when there's a lot of CO in an enclosed area.

EDIT: the Champion 100458 seems to be CARB free.

I don't think the specs say how much carbon monoxide it puts out?

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
I don't think the specs say how much carbon monoxide it puts out?

I haven't seen any generator listing the amount of CO emissions it emits.
Would you be able to test out the generator you bought?
obviously by playing it safe.
It would be helpful to see if the generator shuts down if there's a lot of CO an enclosed area.

Reactions: rancho
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I haven't seen any generator listing the amount of CO emissions it emits.
Would you be able to test out the generator you bought?
obviously by playing it safe.
It would be helpful to see if the generator shuts down if there's a lot of CO an enclosed area.

Where did you buy your meter? How much did it cost? And, what ppm does it measure up to?

Is over 1000 necessary?

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Where did you buy your meter? How much did it cost? And, what ppm does it measure up to?

Is over 1000 necessary?

I asked a close friend of mine who works in heating and air conditioning by trade to buy me the TPI 707.
He bought it for $300 plus some other accessories.
The meter measures up to 10,000PPM.
I'm glad he didn't suspect anything because we had a minor leakage of CO at home and it was detected and fixed.
Perfect timing!

R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
I asked a close friend of mine who works in heating and air conditioning by trade to buy me the TPI 707.
I'm glad he didn't suspect anything because we had a minor leakage of CO at home and it was detected and fixed.
Perfect timing!

Do you know what stores you can buy them? And do you think it needs over 1000 in measurement. Isn't that more than enough for what we want it for?

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Do you know what stores you can buy them? And do you think it needs over 1000 in measurement. Isn't that more than enough for what we want it for?

I'm not sure where he bought it from. I believe he got it from one of TPI's distributors.
I think if you go to their website, you'll see a list of distributors.
I'm not sure if you need to be a licenced trades person to buy them but they read CO up to ten thousand PPM.

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I am sorry that I cannot give you a link right now. I looked into all of this a year and a few months ago. It took a long time to garner all of the information, but I recommend checking the government sites in your area under laws and regulations for portable generators. You will get a much better idea what is out there, and why the regs. are in place. Just to let you know, generators are not the only producers of CO. Almost any small/portable machine using gas will produce it: lawn mowers, leaf blowers, etc. It can also be made mixing formic and sulphuric acid in a 'cogen'. This should be listed in the resource section on SS. I am running out of time too. For the same reason. My body is just getting worse...hope this helps. There is also 'white/smokeless' charcoal called bituchan from East Asia. This is specially made, burns very hot, gives little smoke, and is probably the deadliest source of CO developed by man. You used to get it on ebay/amazon from Korea, not sure if you still can. Good luck hon. ((hugs)).

bintochan.....just had a look £30 it burns for 5 hours!!!

Just thought aswell, you can rent out generators here. from tool hire companies, :wink:
Perfect timing!

Thats super cheap!!!!! I payed £850 for my meter and it reads upto 2000ppm!!

the higher amounts of PPM are for speed. 1000ppm I imagine would easily do the trick over a sustained period of time, i don't know what symptoms you may have(i imagine heading and nausea) but it would take a longer time to CTB.

People are talking about charcoal bbq, giving off 12,00ppm and unconsciousness happening v quickly

Last edited:
R

rancho

Student
Jul 21, 2020
Anyone know what old cars used to give off? What ppm they needed to do the job?

C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
Anyone know what old cars used to give off? What ppm they needed to do the job?

I Imagine It varies from car to car, different manufacturers etc. Plus i suppose you could say do you believe what manufacturers say....did you hear about VW getting in trouble for lying about their emitions???

I would imagine it is high though!!!!

T

Thanatos123

Student
Feb 18, 2020
Sorry for posting this late.
I just wanted to thank you all for helping me out!
I have everything I need and I'm ready to ctb soon.
I'm very thankful for this community.
I hope you all find peace!

_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
I've been researching some of the methods posted here and I have some more questions about CO poisoning(Carbon monoxide).
I just bought a new CO meter that measures up 10,000PPM(freaking expensive!!!) and I'll be buying a gas operated generator hopefully soon. I know generators can be very loud so in this case I'll be buying earplugs/ear-protection to die in peace at least.

1) Are gas generators more expensive if I buy one during the winter? Are they available to buy all year or just during the warmer seasons?

2) I've read that gas generators produce up to 85,000PPM of CO is this true or it depends on the generator?

3) There's a possibility that I might drive far away from the city and go to the woods/forest and ctb there. If I operate the generator inside my car, would my car melt or explode?

4) If I buy a generator and don't use it for couple of months or even up to a year, do I have to change the oil or do other maintenance chores to prevent any damage to the engine or battery?

5) When I'm ready to ctb, I'll leave the generator running in my car and I'll be standing outside waiting. Every 20 minutes I'll be checking the PPM using the meter by opening my back window. All Doors and fan holes will be sealed with duct tape except the front driver door so I can get in when the PPM is high. I've realized some cars(including mine) the area where the brakes and gas pedals are located is exposed to the outside a bit. Would this be a problem? How can I seal that area to prevent CO from escaping?

6) Some generators do not have any safety certification (listed on certain websites) such as CARB etc. Does that mean that it does not have safety sensors?

I apologize for the amount of questions.
I hope you'll be able to help me out.
It looks like I'm getting closer to the goal.
So... Why a generator VS just traditional exhaust and hose? Is it Simply because of The higher concentrations of CO? so success is more likely???

TIA

BigLucs

BigLucs

M-23 NC. Don't want to turn 24.
Apr 30, 2020
whenever I try to use the exhaust and hose my hose ends up melting.