Pessimist

Pessimist

Mage
May 5, 2021
First of all I'm ethnically Jewish and an atheist, but I don't get why Christianity is hated on by so many liberal and progressive people. Christians seem to be the moderate ones; radical Muslims are busy establishing countless different terror groups and conservative Jews are busy occupying Palestinian land. Modern Christians seem to be doing far less harm than other religions. I live in Israel and I would rather live in a Christian state/region.

Last edited:
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
Probably because Christianity is the dominant religion in the west. It's the one most people here have experience with.

Reactions: AtheistCDsissy
Downdraft

Downdraft

I've felt better ngl
Feb 6, 2024
What are Christians doing wrong to deserve the hate?
Hate is a too strong word and I don't hate them.

But I see the things God allegedly did and I think like, you have literally the biggest bully in the Universe, and somehow you decide is all-good and worth putting so much love into him?

Yeah no, I may not hate but they aren't good people. Concerning AF.

It isn't exclusive of Christianity, and I still think Islam is the worst of them all. No idea why people is so bent in protecting freedom of faith so much when most faiths go against that by definition, lol.

Pessimist

Pessimist

Mage
May 5, 2021
Hate is a too strong word and I don't hate them.

But I see the things God allegedly did and I think like, you have literally the biggest bully in the Universe, and somehow you decide is all-good and worth putting so much love into him?

Yeah no, I may not hate but they aren't good people. Concerning AF.

It isn't exclusive of Christianity, and I still think Islam is the worst of them all. No idea why people is so bent in protecting freedom of faith so much when most faiths go against that by definition, lol.
I agree, I just can't think of modern Christian extremism other than the Lord's Resistance Army. There's also the KKK but I don't know if Christianity actually plays a role in their ideology. Modern Christians are really quite moderate from what I hear.

WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
What are Christians doing wrong to deserve the hate?
I've never really been a church goer, so I may not be the right person the answer this. People don't like that a lot of them are anti-LGBT, some are misogynists, the whole anti-abortion thing, the slimy televangelist types, people don't like mega churches being run like businesses not getting taxed, they are often judgmental about any non-christian lifestyle, the constant blurring of the lines between church and state. These are just things that I can name off the top of my head from an American perspective.

Reactions: AtheistCDsissy and Downdraft
Pessimist

Pessimist

Mage
May 5, 2021
I've never really been a church goer, so I may not be the right person the answer this. People don't like that a lot of them are anti-LGBT, some are misogynists, the whole anti-abortion thing, the slimy televangelist types, people don't like mega churches being run like businesses not getting taxed, they are often judgmental about any non-christian lifestyle, the constant blurring of the lines between church and state. These are just things that I can name off the top of my head from an American perspective.
It makes more sense now, the state should stay secular.

Addled and Rattled

Addled and Rattled

Mar 15, 2023
It may just be because when there is pushback on progressive movements (women's reproductive rights, trans Healthcare, ect) there are plenty of people using religious reasonings for it. And those reasonings tend to be Christian in nature, although this phenomena is not limited to Christianity or any abrahamic religions for that matter. Talk to any Hindu nationalist and you'll see what I mean.
It may just come down to Christianity being a more popular religion in the west where these topics are talked about more often (it seems). There are shitty people in all religions though, and it is a small subset of Christians that push the boundaries of separation of church and state. I grew up Mormon and I remember how my family was freaking the fuck out when they legalized gay marriage. They made it seem like the rapture was a day away.

Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Not there not and you're ignorant/naive. Worshipping God is admirable and it's the right thing to do with our lives but all the lies and corruption sully there religion. It's a broken system... this world is broken đź’”. I know what I've seen, experienced, heard, and been through. All of this is just about bullying and control. If some evil immortal bitch wants to laugh about sex-trafficking and destroying someone's sense of self/self-image let HER do it. And let that bitch send me to hell. I'm not fucking with these people...I tried to get a gun years ago. You think I'm afraid of disappearing forever? Think again. These pussy motherfuckers are just pathetic. I'll be so happy once this dream ends.

Last edited:
lamargue

lamargue

infidel
Jun 5, 2024
a lot of bad representatives of the Christian cause mar its image through their desire to implement a theocratic backbone into policy issues, a belief in the state qua church which borders an evangelical dogmatism, of which naturally draws contempt from naturalist detractors and groups marginalized and subject to cloistered prejudice. but the proto-Christian spirit is one that i admire, which leveled asceticism on the same playing field as rationality; adjunct schools of literalism often don't put emphasis on this component, since proto-Christianity was elitist, only properly intuited by a select; so they instead provided us with the means of grounding very basic moral judgements, rules which could be read from a pocketbook, intuited by any layman with religious leanings, either socially conditioned or developed organically