• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

MisplacedGirl

Apr 2, 2024
Hey everyone, I just got back from the psych ward today. I've decided to recover. I met some amazing nurses and support workers, and they all had lived experience. Seeing all of this made me think that, shit, recovery is possible for me. I'm 2 years into my psychology degree, but once I finish it, I'm going to study nursing and then hopefully work in a psych ward. For the first time in seven years, I actually have hope for myself. I love you all.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I have found your turnaround very touching. The one thing that would have given me a reason to live is the ability to help others. Being able to truly connect, heal and make a life-changing difference must be a feeling so amazing that it gives real meaning to this world despite all its flaws. For me, the catch-22 was always the inability to uplift others while I'm still drowning myself.

I wish you a rich and fulfilling journey and hope you can surround yourself with a caring, empathic support network to help you push through life's challenges and be a light unto the world.

Ash

Ash

Warlock
Oct 4, 2021
That's wonderful. All the best nurses understand something of the road that their patients are walking, even in an medical setting.

I wish you and your future patients all the best.

StillBreathing

StillBreathing

Student
Dec 4, 2022
This is awesome. I really hope you reach your dreams and can help other people. Remember that there will always be more bumps in the road. You can only decide how to approach them.

Dliena

Dliena

๐š‚๐š‚ ๐™ผ๐šŽ๐š–๐š‹๐šŽ๐š› ๐™ฝ๐š˜. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Really love to see this OP! And I wish you absolute happiness you desire with your life recovery and also can continue to spread joy to other people that need/want it forever and evermore.๐Ÿฉท

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
What a beautiful thing to read. I am so happy for you. Best of luck on your journey! You will be an incredible psych nurse!

• Love
druggedonsurvival

druggedonsurvival

Student
Feb 8, 2024
I have found your turnaround very touching. The one thing that would have given me a reason to live is the ability to help others. Being able to truly connect, heal and make a life-changing difference must be a feeling so amazing that it gives real meaning to this world despite all its flaws. For me, the catch-22 was always the inability to uplift others while I'm still drowning myself.

I wish you a rich and fulfilling journey and hope you can surround yourself with a caring, empathic support network to help you push through life's challenges and be a light unto the world.
FWIW, I can think of a few posts of yours that helped cheer me up on this forum when I was still an active user! But I will also say that helping others doesn't always solve our problems, although it does help us feel good. I think about Robin Williams, who made so many laugh, but who went through so much shit his whole life that most didn't know about until after he died. In any case, if helping others does give someone a reason to live, and can give someone satisfaction in life, then of course they should pursue that.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty and Pluto
ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
Sounds wonderful, I'm so glad that you had a nice experience at the psych ward. I've read so many horror stories that I almost didn't believe a good experience could come off of it.

I wish you all the best, I think this lived experience will help you a lot on being a nurse. Always so good to see people being able to recover, truly wishing you all the good things! May your life improve and you feel at peace

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me ๐Ÿ’™
Nov 1, 2023
Yay, happy that you got into one of the good psych wards. I met some cool nurses at mine too :)

• Hugs
J

J&L383

Experienced
Jul 18, 2023
I'm so happy for you! Life goes fast, I'm so glad you're making it your own. Enjoy the adventures that await, and hoping you make a big impact. ๐Ÿค—โ™ฅ๏ธ

Y

Young.Werther

Student
Apr 11, 2023
happy to hear that you've recovered. I hope you'll let others make their own choice. Hospitals can be very coercive and traumatic placesโ€ฆ

Reactions: thepiecessatup
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
Hey everyone, I just got back from the psych ward today. I've decided to recover. I met some amazing nurses and support workers, and they all had lived experience. Seeing all of this made me think that, shit, recovery is possible for me. I'm 2 years into my psychology degree, but once I finish it, I'm going to study nursing and then hopefully work in a psych ward. For the first time in seven years, I actually have hope for myself. I love you all.
Wishing you the best in your recovery. :heart::hug::heart::hug::heart:

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
Honestly, I think it's still a great idea to be on this website but in the recovery section. I think there are a ton of helpful resources, and you can even document your journey to help others! :) Of course, you know yourself better so do what is best for you--just a thought of mine.