O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
Do you get suspicious of members on here who have an avatar picture of a woman but the gender is listed as Male? Shouldn't the user be able to correct this?

Last edited:
Reactions: weedoge
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
any other women out there go and check to make sure their gender was stats's correctly in their profile? No, only me? Lol j/k ok, not really. =P

Reactions: Sinbad and Smilla
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
Do you get suspicious of members on here who have an avatar picture of a woman but the gender is listed as Male? Shouldn't the user be able to correct this?
I'm sure there are many on here who have gender issues.

• Love
Reactions: OreoWellington, BaconCheeseburger, Sinbad and 1 other person
O

OkTotti

Wizard
Nov 6, 2018
I'm sure there are many on here who have gender issues.
Noted, i didn't want to be insensitive to transgender people. There have been a couple of members who i've chatted with who have a avatar pic of a female but are listed as male. (not transgender)....

Reactions: Johnnythefox
Johnnythefox

Johnnythefox

Que sera sera
Nov 11, 2018
I've assumed the wrong gender at times, I don't see the point in not making it visible.

Reactions: Sinbad
Throwawaysoul

Throwawaysoul

Wizard
May 14, 2018
With all due respect, does gender even matter on a CTB forum? How is it suspicious? One would think trolling for a certain gender on a suicide forum is highly suspicious if not borderline creepy.

Reactions: AlexM, Fucking loving it, weedoge and 8 others
ZenMONK

ZenMONK

Dec 4, 2018
Noted, i didn't want to be insensitive to transgender people. There have been a couple of members who i've chatted with who have a avatar pic of a female but are listed as male. (not transgender)....
Are you the kinda guy who messages every female on a forum xD

Reactions: LiveSlowDieFast and Johnnythefox
D

Donewith_

Elementalist
Sep 28, 2018
But why should the profile pic concern people? I don't understand. It's upto them whatever they want to keep.isnt it

Reactions: OreoWellington, Fucking loving it, Smilla and 3 others
H

hieronymus.bosch

Oct 6, 2018
The site is designed to support anonymity, so does it matter if people present consistently?

Users can talk about their sex and gender if they choose to, or need to in the partners thread for example...

Reactions: OreoWellington, Xerxes, LiveSlowDieFast and 1 other person
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Doesn't bother me at all.

the only avatars that annoy me are the ones that are animated but that's my problem.

Reactions: Jane Doe, Made4TV, Donewith_ and 1 other person
Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Chicken of ss
Aug 9, 2018
Doesn't bother me at all.

the only avatars that annoy me are the ones that are animated but that's my problem.
I agree ^^

Reactions: Made4TV and Smilla
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
No. I don't get suspicious.

My next avatar will probably be a lady. I like clicking on my profile and seeing a cute lady. I think it'll be the Starbucks lady.

Reactions: Made4TV, EndofMyRope, Xerxes and 2 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
@Smilla salty!

OP, I don't recall seeing men posing as women on here. If someone does have a contrary pic it's usually just anime, which I am too old to understand but either way wouldn't hold against someone.

Reactions: Made4TV, Smilla and Johnnythefox
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
I don't think it really matters

I've assumed the wrong gender at times, I don't see the point in not making it visible.

I'd like to offer up a point here... I keep mine unlisted, but in one reply to a thread, I alluded to the fact that I'm a chick. Literally a minute later some dude hit up my inbox fishing for info and generally creeping me out a bit. So there's that... lol

other than that I've always kind of enjoyed not having my gender be immediately visible online, because most people will make judgements, even if it's subconscious. That way, my words are just seen for what they are, coming out of a vague concept of a person. Maybe I have identity issues, idek

Reactions: [NoName], Jane Doe, whywait and 3 others
Niko

Niko

Student
Oct 4, 2018
I like to know the gender of a member so I can know who I can chat with and who I can awkwardly embarrass myself in front of.

Last edited:
W

wxtyubidi7y

Student
Jun 30, 2018
I don't understand. The relationship between the avatar and the user is completely arbitrary. It's just a little picture they have chosen to appear next to their name.

Reactions: Aesthler and wiIIow
Aesthler

Aesthler

Death is the only God who comes when you call
Sep 25, 2018
Some people feel comfortable putting their face as an avatar pic and that's cool if they are that confident I just would rather put something I enjoy looking at and maybe that's where the other gender pics come to be, maybe they just said wow this looks good I'll use this.

Last edited:
Reactions: stellabelle and UnknownOutlaw
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
With all due respect, does gender even matter on a CTB forum? How is it suspicious? One would think trolling for a certain gender on a suicide forum is highly suspicious if not borderline creepy.
Yes you would think so, and yet there are still people who would do such things and worse.

Truthfully, to the OP, I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to be honest and say I'm suspicious of all new members that have a "real life" avatar, especially the ones who have their avatar immediately upon joining. I just don't believe that many people are genuinely comfortable being so open on a sanctioned suicide forum.

Reactions: [NoName], Made4TV and LiveSlowDieFast
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
But why should the profile pic concern people? I don't understand. It's upto them whatever they want to keep.isnt it
Some of us, or at least me, are just paranoid fearful overthinkers, there's no helping it and its nothing personal.

Reactions: [NoName]
EndofMyRope

EndofMyRope

Student
Oct 17, 2018
Yes you would think so, and yet there are still people who would do such things and worse.

Truthfully, to the OP, I'm sorry to say this but I'm going to be honest and say I'm suspicious of all new members that have a "real life" avatar, especially the ones who have their avatar immediately upon joining. I just don't believe that many people are genuinely comfortable being so open on a sanctioned suicide forum.
Really? I don't care if people know what I look like. Maybe it's naive on my part. It's not like anyone in my real life will know it's me. I access the site from my phone and people wouldn't have access to my phone until after I'm dead anyway.

Reactions: Johnnythefox
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Really? I don't care if people know what I look like. Maybe it's naive on my part. It's not like anyone in my real life will know it's me. I access the site from my phone and people wouldn't have access to my phone until after I'm dead anyway.
Yes really, and that may be true, but in the case of paranoia rationalising usually actually makes little difference.

F

freefrommybody

Vehemently Pro-choice
Nov 19, 2019
I don't think anything of it when someone has a picture that doesn't match their gender. I just think of a user's picture as something that they relate to emotionally, or simply like.

Reactions: mediocre