willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
As far as not wanting your mother contacted - if she's in your contacts, change her name so there is no immediate association with you. But unless she's estranged to everyone, someone is going to let her know about you. I think (at least in the US), the police can pretty easily get a list of your immediate family members just from your SS# or ID. I'm sure the detective in charge will contact both your parents, because that's the normal process they would follow.
My mother is not anywhere on my phone. My dad does not have her information either. One of my siblings does but we also have had conversations before about her not being notified if one of us die. My drivers license will be right there so the first thing they'll do I imagine is run that and find my emergency contacts.

endofline2010

endofline2010

Aug 8, 2024
My mother is not anywhere on my phone. My dad does not have her information either. One of my siblings does but we also have had conversations before about her not being notified if one of us die. My drivers license will be right there so the first thing they'll do I imagine is run that and find my emergency contacts.
What I meant was when the police run your info, they can very easily see who your parents are. They don't need to get that info from you, your dad, siblings, etc. Even if your mom lives out of state, the officer/detective can easily pull her phone number and contact her without input from anyone.

I would say don't stress over this too much. Things are no longer in our hands once we take our trip, and what happens, happens.

Reactions: LifeQuitter