Help_Me

Help_Me

Gene pool mistake
Oct 21, 2018
Right here with you ! I like almost everything connected with old school : music, tv, games, childhood memories. Simply I think everything was a bit better.

Reactions: Circles
I

iiii5555

Student
Sep 12, 2018
I have been increasingly interested in my own past experiences as a teen/pre-teen these last moments.

The sad thing is: if there was an altrnative reality where i could be my younger self again and see this current version of me here, that alt-version would probable obsess over this existence over here. I simply am never satisfied.

Reactions: Circles, Redt2go and TheGoodGuy
C

CJM

Experienced
Jul 13, 2018
I miss going to a blockbuster or any video store to get a movie, it was like a family thing in itself. We would pick a movie based off it's cover and stuff written on the back, it could be bad or not but it looks cool at the time, so what? While there you can pick up snacks for the movie. With Netflix I just keep adding things to a list and never watch them

Reactions: LegaliseIt!, Circles, xb243 and 1 other person
TearyEyedQueen

TearyEyedQueen

In the wrong timeline
Nov 14, 2019
I miss the feeling of waking up excited for a new day or at least not fucking suicidal.
I miss the days I could immerse myself in a book.
The first time I stayed up all night was at the age of 8, to read the first Harry Potter book. I even remember it was october, 3rd grade, I drank fruit tea and ate Grancereale cookies (the chocolate ones).
I miss when every day was different and filled with excitement and experiences.
I miss the morning of a saturday birthday party, having preparations to invite classmates (this was probably the only day they didn't bully me and at a time while I still tried to get them to like me).
It wasn't perfect but ot was heaven compared to this.
I'm probably going to spam every childhood nostalgia thread in existence lol.

• Love
Reactions: Wayfaerer, Circles, mediocre and 1 other person
Jeannine

Jeannine

Dec 16, 2019
I am. I actively go out of my way to 'preserve' nostalgic songs/shows/etc by avoiding them, because they give me that beautiful feeling of nostalgia and I don't want to associate them to present day. I do indulge sometimes, though.

Reactions: Circles and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Any time I want to watch a movie, a tv show or listen to music it is almost always stuff from years ago and sometimes decades ago. I just love the old classic Hollywood movies. Bette Davis is my favourite. I also am slightly obsessed with anything from the 90s.

Reactions: BlueWidow and Circles
sadgirl2002

sadgirl2002

Fallen Angel
Apr 9, 2019
I've been nostalgic my whole life, I'd do anything to go back to five years ago. Just any year before 2017 is much better than now.

Hexen

Hexen

Student
Aug 12, 2019
Yes I am very much obsessed. I have played all those videogames that you linked except harry potter one which I played on ps1. I had a really terrible computer so worms and such games were the only thing I could run. I remember spending so much time reading a magazine about star wars jedi academy in car and then coming home to play it. I replayed a bunch of games because I couldn't really buy new ones but I loved it all. I remember when someone described elder scrolls and WoW to me and I couldn't comprehend an open world like that. Best time of my life. These days every game is open world and has the best graphics lol.

LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I like retro pop culture. I can't really call it nostalgia, because I have always felt "out of place; out of time" so it isn't about sweet memories so much as familiarity. 1575A37B 45E8 45AA 9544 7B5208377550

BlueWidow

BlueWidow

Visionary
Oct 6, 2019
Any time I want to watch a movie, a tv show or listen to music it is almost always stuff from years ago and sometimes decades ago. I just love the old classic Hollywood movies. Bette Davis is my favourite. I also am slightly obsessed with anything from the 90s.
I'm with you. Bette Davis rocks! :heart:

Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
I've been obsessed with it for a long time. I yearn to relive simpler times even if they were short.

Reactions: a_strange_day
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I miss nearly everything from the 90s and early 2000s. I feel like we've hit our cultural peak and now they're just ruining our childhood with cheesey remakes. I'm sad to see all the old classic movie and tv actors dying off. It's like there's no originality with this newer generation.

I miss the old metal toys and not this cheap plastic crap they make now. I miss buying crappy cereal just for the toy inside. I miss buying video games that were finished products. I miss talking to people in person instead of only through "social" media. I miss not having to lock your front door.

Just a few of the things I'm nostalgic for.

Reactions: Hexen and a_strange_day
A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I miss the late '90s so much. Everything was so new and life changing. I can still remember the sound of a 56k modem trying to connect and the feeling of power and total freedom when I bought my first Nok 8210. If reincarnation exists then that's were I wanna be reborn.

Images

Reactions: Hexen