• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Tegan_sky

Tegan_sky

losing hope
Aug 16, 2019
I don't know what happened. Yesterday afternoon and into the night, I went into high mania or else it was almost panic like what I went through 6 months ago. I don't know if it was all the attention and comments I got on a social media post I made, or the many emails exchanged with my brother in Colorado, Such mania I went and charged up another $1000.00 to credit cards. Shame and fear about that. If this was panic it was such that even the pattern on a quilt I had on my bed was too stimulating and I had to put it in the closet and get out an old, more subtle pattern quilt. Thought of calling a hotline, (definitely not the National Suicide hotline), but maybe the Institute on Aging's "friendship line," or this other one I think is in MA where you can talk even if you're not outright suicidal. Then I said, "remember how much worse off you got the last time you called a hotline?" Thought of posting here, but even seeing the red notifications indicating a reply, would have been too much. Mania? Panic attacks? Extreme anxiety? I don't know.

I was up at 2 am again this morning and it happened again, although not as bad as yesterday. At 9 am took a Benadryl and a melatonin, slept 5 hours, feel better. Sleep heals, and is an escape sometimes. Managed to cancel one online purchase I made yesterday and will return the other once I receive it. Thankfully. When I woke up at 2:30 this afternoon from the 5 hour nap, I still am staying bed, sitting and using the computer and journaling. Bed just simply feels like the safest place so often these days, even doing playing on the computer in bed, journaling in bed, eating in bed, safest in BED..

I almost would have wondered if I would kill myself yesterday just to get relief and make the mania/panic stop.

So I guess I felt this was a much better place to share, I usually have severe depression making me down and suicidal, but I do have bipolar and panic disorder too, just it doesn't happen as often as the depression.

Does anyone else have bipolar, anyone else get the opposite of severe depression, ...overexcitement, agitation, panic, mania? Sometimes all I need to know is that others get through it too. If you read this far, thank you so much for taking the time.

Last edited:
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I have bipolar, but luckily haven't done anything really major to ruin my life, but I did ruin a friendship with someone when I was manic, but we somewhat made up. Another time when I was manic, I thought about going into a McDonald's and claiming it as mine and was going to do it, but luckily didn't have my car so I couldn't.

mynameispaige

mynameispaige

Sep 1, 2019
I can relate to everything you said. I'm bipolar and have experienced all of that. I've almost attempted suicide during many episodes. So I try to keep any methods for doing it away from me since I'm so impulsive. I'm not sure if I'm one to give advice since I struggle pretty bad with this. But I and I'm sure many others on here struggle with this so you're definitely not alone in this.