• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RueTheRavenPrincess

RueTheRavenPrincess

Apr 15, 2024
Ok so I picked up this book, classic philosophy, because I thought it would be helpful with my mindfulness on the acceptance of my death whenever it may be.
It's been incredible, it talks about so much that we talk about on SaSu!
I have to know if anyone else has read or plans on reading it.

IMG 4733

How To Die by Seneca is EXTREMELY PROFOUND and rich in knowledge and wisdom that so far I have only otherwise found on THIS SITE. It was written in a time where suicide had an altogether different connotation, and this book is almost entirely about suicide and talks about all the same things that people do on these forums. It doesn't talk in depth about method, but it does talk about the value of choosing death in extreme detail. And WHERE can we find discussion like that except for here? Seriously. You know how everyone googles vaguely suicidal questions and gets NOTHING but hotlines? This book is what the results *should* be if one were to ask a search engine "should I kill myself?"
It seems like it's own historical suicide mega thread of sorts lol. This book has made me less scared of death, and also more comfortable with the idea of suicide. It has helped me understand the stigma of it all. It also is helping me to assess my current situation and why im feeling the way I am and if I should push through or CTB.

If none of you have read this collection of writings I will turn this into a book suggestion. I feel like this would be a good read for pretty much anyone on this site. I can't even believe a book like this is allowed to be on the shelves in this society. It's almost 100% about the freedom of death and the freedom of choosing your death. The only times it strays are when the editor chimes in to give context, this is almost surely there to try and make the book less offensive, honestly it just helps to act as a foil to the reasonable nature of the author. If anyone picks this up please come back to this post and share your thoughts because I would love to talk to somebody about the contents of this book.

PreCambrianBliss

PreCambrianBliss

Touring the primordial aeon
Apr 26, 2023
This book looks really interesting, I'm definitely going to read it. Thanks for the rec.

Also I love your pfp! I have a Belladonna shirt myself, great movie. Now that I think of it, a lot of people here seem to have incredible taste in film and art. Saw someone with a Human Condition trilogy pfp as well.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Ok so I picked up this book, classic philosophy, because I thought it would be helpful with my mindfulness on the acceptance of my death whenever it may be.
It's been incredible, it talks about so much that we talk about on SaSu!
I have to know if anyone else has read or plans on reading it.

View attachment 138261

How To Die by Seneca is EXTREMELY PROFOUND and rich in knowledge and wisdom that so far I have only otherwise found on THIS SITE. It was written in a time where suicide had an altogether different connotation, and this book is almost entirely about suicide and talks about all the same things that people do on these forums. It doesn't talk in depth about method, but it does talk about the value of choosing death in extreme detail. And WHERE can we find discussion like that except for here? Seriously. You know how everyone googles vaguely suicidal questions and gets NOTHING but hotlines? This book is what the results *should* be if one were to ask a search engine "should I kill myself?"
It seems like it's own historical suicide mega thread of sorts lol. This book has made me less scared of death, and also more comfortable with the idea of suicide. It has helped me understand the stigma of it all. It also is helping me to assess my current situation and why im feeling the way I am and if I should push through or CTB.

If none of you have read this collection of writings I will turn this into a book suggestion. I feel like this would be a good read for pretty much anyone on this site. I can't even believe a book like this is allowed to be on the shelves in this society. It's almost 100% about the freedom of death and the freedom of choosing your death. The only times it strays are when the editor chimes in to give context, this is almost surely there to try and make the book less offensive, honestly it just helps to act as a foil to the reasonable nature of the author. If anyone picks this up please come back to this post and share your thoughts because I would love to talk to somebody about the contents of this book.
it's amazing a man Seneca around 2000 years ago knew more about reality than most people today. and this before 2000 years of science technology advancements billions of books of knowledge etc. this was i guess a bronze age man. Also Marcus Aurelius and others around that time.

imo they are hiding things like this and instead feed us garbage like sports, news , youtube , celibrity news, a million distractions, nothing about reality. to keep us dumb , ignorant etc. "give them circuses" . so we don't figure out life is bad , life is meaningless suffering, and that after death is non-existence the ultimate bliss among other realities. non-existence forever is after Death.

Last edited:
Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I'm familiar with this book actually! I have definitely seen it in the philosophy section of my local bookstore -- written by Seneca, with that cover and everything. I should definitely give it a read. Thanks a million for the cool rec :-)

RueTheRavenPrincess

RueTheRavenPrincess

Apr 15, 2024
This book looks really interesting, I'm definitely going to read it. Thanks for the rec.

Also I love your pfp! I have a Belladonna shirt myself, great movie. Now that I think of it, a lot of people here seem to have incredible taste in film and art. Saw someone with a Human Condition trilogy pfp as well.
Omg I love you!!! I've never had anyone recognize the movie before from any of my possessions related to it 😭 thank you so much

• Love
Reactions: PreCambrianBliss
Heartaches

Heartaches

Apologizing for my life and ever entering yours
May 6, 2021
This sounds interesting. I'm a bit of a bookworm myself, I love to read whatever I get my hands into. I've never found many books that speak about suicide, much less in non-preachy, "life is wonderful" way. I'll see if I can find it in any bookstore near me. Thanks!​

L

LaughingGoat

Experienced
Apr 11, 2024
Yep I love all of Seneca's and the other Stoics' writings. He specifically led quite an interesting life, he was an advisor to Nero trying to curb him from the horrific things he was doing. Eventually, Nero forced him to commit suicide. Not Seneca, but Epictetus (another Stoic) has a great quote of an analogy of suicide I think of all the time:
"Is there smoke in the house? If it's not suffocating, I will stay indoors; if it proves too much, I'll leave. Always remember – the door is open."

sunbleachedflies

sunbleachedflies

May 1, 2024
This is so interesting. Will definitely put it on my reading list!

acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
This book has made me less scared of death, and also more comfortable with the idea of suicide. It has helped me understand the stigma of it all.
I don't think it advocates for suicides tho, it's Stoic philosophy surrounding death. Seneca discusses the idea that fearing death is irrational, as it is a natural and inevitable part of life. Instead, he encourages readers to focus on living virtuously and in accordance with reason. By cultivating virtues such as courage, wisdom, and temperance, individuals can attain a sense of inner peace and acceptance when facing their own mortality. Seneca's essay serves as a guide for approaching death with equanimity and dignity, viewing it not as a source of fear, but as a natural transition in the journey of life.

Did it mention suicide? Because it seems the book encourage living instead of dying.

Felodese

Felodese

Student
Mar 31, 2024
For those who want to read it

Attachments

• how-to-die-an-ancient-guide-to-the-end-of-life-1nbsped-9780691175577-9781400889488_compress.pdf
    397.3 KB · Views: 0