T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Same here. My lack of social skills have made it really hard to get by in life. Most of the time I don't know what to say to people and that is why I speak so little. It is probably related to my schizophrenia.
I'm so sorry. I'm not schizophrenic but I know how it feels being judge by people for not being talkative.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, voidman, am1485 and 3 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: deleted, LonelyNick and (deleted member)
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Same. One of my reasons to ctb, and it's not like this is something you can learn later in life. I've been like this my whole life, so you can imagine the self esteem problems. Just fucked.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Eren and (deleted member)
Xocoyotziin

Xocoyotziin

Scorpion
Sep 5, 2020
Socializing online is hard. I have no idea how people do it when you're missing out on feedback from nonverbal cues.

Reactions: one.way.out and (deleted member)
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
That annoys people about me too. Why don't people like quiet people?

It could be because quiet individuals do not conform to what others see as "normal" unfortunately.

Reactions: Journeytoletgo and (deleted member)
Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Even when I make friends online, they usually stop writing to me. And I'm not blaming them, I'm really not a fun person and I don't usually know what topics to talk about. Everyone ends up walking away from me. Sure a lot of people read this and think it's not important, but I just want it to end.
I have the same issue. But when it happens on this forum, you have to remember that most people here are in extreme mental distress. For me, that mental distress makes it really difficult to reply to messages sometimes. As much as I want to force myself to write someone back, my mind is in such a whirlwind that I'm not able to. It isn't this way all the time, but it happens often.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Eren and Homecoming
Eren

Eren

Si hablas español mándame un MP
Oct 27, 2018
Same. One of my reasons to ctb, and it's not like this is something you can learn later in life. I've been like this my whole life, so you can imagine the self esteem problems. Just fucked.

Sorry, I feel exactly the same.
I have the same issue. But when it happens on this forum, you have to remember that most people here are in extreme mental distress. For me, that mental distress makes it really difficult to reply to messages sometimes. As much as I want to force myself to write someone back, my mind is in such a whirlwind that I'm not able to. It isn't this way all the time, but it happens often.

I am aware of that, but it happens to me on the internet and IRL

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sadworld and (deleted member)
EssenceFocus

EssenceFocus

Student
Sep 28, 2020
I am also quiet, but I am fine with it. I don't want to be forced to talk, when I have nothing to say.
It's the reason I always try to be alone in my 30 minutes break at work, because I have to talk to so much people every day.
I often don't want to play online games with other people, because then I am forced to play with them, even if I don't want to, because normally I loose interest very fast^^

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Eren
T

Trayus

Oct 3, 2020
Being introverted sucks, its like playing game on hard mode. I always had trouble making friends in real life, i rarely had people with the same interests. My only friends i made were online, but even that got less and less over time.

I feel so lonely. Life feels so unfair, why can others have it so easy? What is wrong with me that i cant make it work?

• Hugs
Reactions: one.way.out, voidman, sadworld and 2 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
In addition, I am a neurotic, many times I worry that the people with whom I interact online do not care or are angry with me. Even if I have no serious reason to think it, I always think that I have said something wrong etc. I don't know if it is OCD, low self-esteem or a combination of both.

• Hugs
Reactions: completely-done, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, sadworld and 3 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yep, my social skills are really bad too, im shy and i never talk, i guess that's also one of the reason why i don't have any friends. Even when it comes to normal conversations im really anxious and that's why i dodge them all the time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, quiet.rabbit, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
Eren

Eren

Oct 27, 2018
Yep, my social skills are really bad too, im shy and i never talk, i guess that's also one of the reason why i don't have any friends. Even when it comes to normal conversations im really anxious and that's why i dodge them all the time.

It's the same thing that happens to me, I feel very lonely and at the same time sometimes I avoid people because of the anxiety that social situations generate.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and sadworld
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
This happens to me too lol

• Love
Reactions: whywere
J

Journeytoletgo

Broken and hated 7-14 years long overdue
May 14, 2018
Me too. I'm ugly, and non sociable why can't I just put myself out of this intolerable misery

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, whywere and OnlyTheWind
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
Same people just don't like me I feel so I stay away from people. I have severe social anxiety and I'm scared of people because of negative experiences of the past so I'm a shut in somewhat as I still drive, work a crap job with no social
Interactions though.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, whywere and OnlyTheWind
TongueDrummer

TongueDrummer

Oct 2, 2021
Have you tried talking to jesus shiest our one true lord and savior from whose blood we all live?

If you drink the kool-aid, then he always responds.

Seriously though I know the feeling. I can barely do reddit. But then I also remember because I want to eat a grenade, sometimes I just don't have the energy to reply to people.

J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
"The unseen social net" I just can't relate to people and read their body language, social cues, I always make mistakes socially without realizing it, when someone makes a joke I don't "get it" and laugh nervously afterwards. Is this social awkwardness ? Something is wrong, I also have to force myself to maintain energy when interacting with other humans. It takes too much

TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
I feel the same; it's been quite some time since i had a ''social life'' on the internet at least. I have all the traits that make me a loner loser so I don't even bother that much anymore. nowadays i'm just bitter because of how isolated i am.

Reactions: SuicideM4n
J

Journeytoletgo

May 14, 2018
I'm really jealous how social skills come so naturally for some people

Reactions: SuicideM4n